Macquarie Hotel Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Took my team out for lunch yesterday to the MacQuarie. I haven't been there for over a year.
Since then they've added bling to the brewery bar, and extended the brewery downstairs (removing the internet kiosk).
Had the Pils, Pale Ale and the Dark. All very good. Nice clean, well made beers. The Wheat was not on tap. The Pale Ale was my pick.
Only complaint was getting someone from the restaurant to take our order, and getting someone to serve us regularly from the brewery bar.

Beers,
Doc

Was just about to head out for a wander round town at lunch, when one of the lovely female engineers came round asking "joining us for lunch for my birthday? Macquarie Hotel. C'mon Pete, brewed beers!" :beer: :party:

Only had the dark and the Pale Ale this time. Both were fantastic. Geez it was hard leaving.
Gotta love work birthdays... oops, almost cake time!

Stop in there for a couple of beers yesterday,

Had to be rude and wrestle someone away from the front bar to get them to pour a pale ale at the other bar. Almost had to spit the dummy something along the lines of "What!??! you cant get a beer in the place that brews it?" which was answered with "we have pale ale on tap here, it's coopers..."

2 x Pale Ales were good. I really enjoyed these.

after winning lots of money on the pokies after putting $5 thru while I had a beer on my lonesome I decided to have a pilsner which was really bad... almost un drinkable, had half and left.

Not sure - but i think we should organise a ISB tour there perhaps? Anyone care to ask them?
Might be worth a trip to the bigsmoke :)

Start your day with a morning stroll through Hyde Park, admiring memorials, cathedrals, galleries, drunks, junkies and the beautiful architecture of Sydney. :blink:

Anyone know who's brewing there at the moment?

Sam Fuss - ex 3 degrees bar and Little Creatures. Andrew is also her willing assistant and tops fella....

Scotty

Just had a work lunch there and found they have a new one on tap, Red Bavarian Lager.
Bloody lovely indeed. I should've stayed there for the arvo, but I'll be back for more.

Woo Hoo...got a medical tomorrow in Goulburn St in the morn....might have to stop in for lunch...Doc, you still around there??

Oh and there was a nice bartender there the other week.. some kind of euro.. swede or holland I think.

Woo Hoo...got a medical tomorrow in Goulburn St in the morn....might have to stop in for lunch...Doc, you still around there??

Finished the job in G.Street. Currently got a gig at yet another department down by Central Station. Could do a runner at lunch though. Give me a call.

Doc

Don't want to look like a hanger-on, but tomorrow, lunchtime, new beer at the Macca? Let me know what time!
Doc, you're not in the McKell building by any chance?

Don't want to look like a hanger-on, but tomorrow, lunchtime, new beer at the Macca? Let me know what time!
Doc, you're not in the McKell building by any chance?

Henry Deane.
Say 12:30 ?

Beers,
Doc

Anyone heard from Linz ?

See you in just over an hour.

Doc

Shall see you all there for another tasting! :beer:
Pete

Medical didnt take as long as expected....9.00am was just waaaay too early for my liking....and my wallets expectations(cant have just one, can you??)

Medical didnt take as long as expected....9.00am was just waaaay too early for my liking....and my wallets expectations(cant have just one, can you??)

You're right. I went for a quiet one, but ended up having three. I'm now back at the office and am hungry for more of their stout.

Latest posts

Back