Macquarie Hotel Brewery

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been months since I've been there, but they're now serving Chimay White and Stiegl on tap.
But the Schwartz Porter is awesome, and at $3.80 for schooner of the week.

Been months since I've been there, but they're now serving Chimay White and Stiegl on tap.
But the Schwartz Porter is awesome, and at $3.80 for schooner of the week.

Yeah the Mac seems to have a rotating guest beer tap

In the last month or two they have had:

Murrays 2IPA (yum)
Vale IPA (yum)
Chimay White (yum)
Hahn White (yuck)
White Rabbit Dark Ale (ok)
Rocks Brewing Co The Butcher's Porter (yum)

Okay they've changed the name, but is anyone keen to catch up for lunch this thursday at the schwartz?
So far Joshhardie and myself will be there

Okay they've changed the name, but is anyone keen to catch up for lunch this thursday at the schwartz?

Randwick Tuesday
Darlo Taphouse Wednesday

I don't think my visa allows three trips East of Homebush in one week.

I'm also working.

Won't be able to make it mate hope you and joshH have a good one

cheers steve

any brewers going to be there after 5pm? I think I might quite fancy a Chimay on tap.

I was there at around 1pm, couldnt pick any brewers. Well I thought I did, but overheard one of them ordering two extra drys or some such rubbish. Dismissed that table.

I ended up getting stuck with some old drunkard conspiracy theorist who thinks Sydney Water have commissioned people to beat him up. Fucwit.

Or was that you I was speaking to, Pete? :lol:

Not enough swirling, people !

Oh Silo Ted :rolleyes:

I hope the beer was good anyway. Do they still have the Chimay Tripel on tap?

Years ago, I used to work at a well known M*t*rcycle Ac*ssor*es S*perm*rket slightly up the hill on Wentworth Avenue from the Mac Hotel. The Irish Lady who used to run the dayshift in the bistro used to bring us Bacon and Egg rolls every day at 10am in exchange for our attendance till 9pm aftert he shop shut.

Sounds like the beer has improved, but the level of service has declined since 2003. The Thai restaurant upstairs used to be pretty good too. Anyone else remember back to the 80's when it used to be called "Harpoon Harry's?"

I was there at around 1pm, couldnt pick any brewers. Well I thought I did, but overheard one of them ordering two extra drys or some such rubbish. Dismissed that table.

I ended up getting stuck with some old drunkard conspiracy theorist who thinks Sydney Water have commissioned people to beat him up. Fucwit.

Or was that you I was speaking to, Pete? :lol:

Not enough swirling, people !
Ah we were at the front corner, Ted.
Did you try the Little Creatures Big Dipper? Bloody Lovely.

Gotta love a conspiracy theorist. There's not enough of them these days don't you think?

Catch up next time.

Anyone up for the Mac later this week?
Doc's got his Doctor's Orders Zephyr Double White Ale there.

Latest posts

Back