Lpg

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't comment on specifics, but I know Bunnings charges more for a refill than an exchange. This made me reasonably angry when I went to the trouble of purchasing a new (empty) cylinder only to have it swapped for an old full one... the difference in price was significant enough for me to do the swap.

beer slayer said:
I use natural gas with a four ring burner it seems to do the job great.
I know that it dosnt burn as hot as LPG but it seems to do the job just fine even droping to 3 rings once it starts to boil. Beauty is I never run out. I did have my burner modified for natural gas.
:beer:
BS
[post="121346"][/post]​

If it wasn't for the BBQ I'd probably go for the LPG conversion. But I like my BBQ seriously HOT.

Since it sounds like 45kg cyllinders are cheaper than they used to be I'll almost certainly go down that path.

Cheers
Dave

I'm surprised nobody has asked the question yet - can you get a ring burner with the correct injector size for natural gas so it can be connected to the town supply?

Otherwise the keep 2x9kg cylinders - one always full and the other one connected If you can find a refill under $20 that's not too far from your house then that always works out well. When one runs dry connect the other and then before the other one runs out get the empty one refilled - saves you paying full price for 3/4's of a fill.

DJR said:
I'm surprised nobody has asked the question yet - can you get a ring burner with the correct injector size for natural gas so it can be connected to the town supply?
[post="121605"][/post]​

I don't believe they come standard but a gasfitter can convert them. To go from LPG to antural is easy as they drill the injectors slightly larger. Going the other way is harder as they have to make the holes smaller (they usually braise them closed and re-drill).

Cheers
Dave

Airgead said:
DJR said:
[post="121605"][/post]​

I don't believe they come standard but a gasfitter can convert them. To go from LPG to antural is easy as they drill the injectors slightly larger. Going the other way is harder as they have to make the holes smaller (they usually braise them closed and re-drill).

Cheers
Dave
[post="121618"][/post]​

Sounds like a project :ph34r:

NRB said:
I can't comment on specifics, but I know Bunnings charges more for a refill than an exchange. This made me reasonably angry when I went to the trouble of purchasing a new (empty) cylinder only to have it swapped for an old full one... the difference in price was significant enough for me to do the swap.
[post="121594"][/post]​
my bunnings in mascot is the other way round. fill about $18 & swap is 22 or 25.

Back