Lost Fermenters Found!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JestersDarts

I (heart) Darts
Reaction score
After 2 years of non-brewing - I have found my lost fermenters! they turned up in a mates shed when he was doing a clean out.

I have been piecing together my set up for the last couple of weeks, and after placing an order for new fermenters THISMORNING, they turn up in a general conversation with a mate who's cleaning out his shed to make room for his car.

"oh yeah just gonna throw out all the old stuff / car-parts etc"
"really, any good stuff in there?"
"nah - might sell a bit of car parts, but there are these two plastic tubs I dont know what they are"
"EUREKA!"

Must have stuck them in there as part of a big move a few years ago.

Now if I can't cancell the order, I will have 4 fermenters haha!

Fridgemate all wired up on the weekend, will test tonight on house fridge. Will be picking up my ferment fridge tommorow night, wait two weeks for my future keg fridge to be bought from far, far away -

and i'm set.

Thinking of putting on a brew as soon as I get my ferment fridge.

Welcome back to brewing ooh yeeeeahhh!!

Just had to share my excitement. Cheers.

Now the challenge will be to fit all four fermenters in the fridge.
I was able to fit three and 1 of them being a cube.

OK!

picked up fermenting fridge last night- Its an old ASTOR - with internal fridge space freezer which cools the whole fridge. Unfortunately - when moving, the door swung open and I think bent it slightly from the bottom (DAMN WAS ALL GOING SO WELL!!) but tried to bend it back, moved a little, but still a gap between seal at the top corner of the door to fridge may be because seal is bjorked... Any ideas on sealing this gap? short of replacing door seals some stick on foam tape?

stuck it to my newly wired up Fridgemate, set it at 2 Deg C, 1 deg variance, 9 min delay - Stuck the probe in a bottle of water. The probe supplied was entirely plastic encased - so I dont think it will corrode as I have seen other brewers concerned about this with their metal ones.

- cranked it down as low as it would go, and had a quick check of it this morning before work probe reading 2 Deg!!!
Fridge was running
Internal thermometer (metal probe in air-space) was reading 0.9 Degrees. Forgot to hit the min/max reset, keen to find out how high / low it has actually gone.

So pumped!!

I was worried that the old fridge wouldnt be able to get to those kind of temps, and that Id have to find the temp sensor of the fridge and stick it on the outside, making the fridge think it was always too warm, and always run.. but well see how I go. Starting to get chilly in Adelaide now, so probably has helped.

Cant wait to use it for my first temp controlled brew.
Oh the fun starts

Back