Looking for a Brewing Partner in Western Melb/Vic

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi. I'm looking for an all-grain brewer in the Bacchus Marsh area or surrounds who might be interested in meeting up, talking about and making beer. The home-brew clubs are just a bit too far from my reach.

Is anyone interested?

Cheers,

Kate :)

Hi Kate,

Nice to meet you too.

I am a 3 vessel AG brewer with HERMS and a home made brewtroller PID box thingy.

How about yourself?

I was pretty sure there were bound to be other Marshians out there who brew, but I hadn't met any.

I tend to enjoy brewing most styles, but mostly UK ales.

I'm also running a 3 vessel HERMS which I picked up a year ago. I'd describe myself as an 'experimental' brewer, but I'm still fairly new to it. I'm currently refining a recipe for a Strawberry Saison using local strawberries and honey. Your sig says that you do cider as well - are you using local apples? How long have you been brewing for?

Hi DU99, what are you running?

:)

Yep, hello to DU99 also!

Yeah, the cider was made from apples I got cheap from the Dellios lads. I got a bunch of Grannies and Jonnies for next to nothing and made my own cider press, which combined with a garden mulcher made for a good days pressing! It is a nice dry, tart drop, just as cider should be!

I am hoping to make some more next year though with some proper cider apples from a heritage apple grower.

I've been brewing for about 7 years now, ever since arriving from the UK and I found very few of the beers I had grown to love (the selection is now much better, thankfully) So I started to brew my own.

Strawberry saison sounds interesting. I recently made a traditional saison which came out well.

Hey you lot, I'm an AG brewer living in westfootscray but brewing at dads in point cook. Have a 3v herms system March pump, brewing 50litre batches and kegging. I brew different things mainly ales, I have a black IPA, Aussie ale, in kegs atm and a Czech pils in diacetyl rest still in fermenter.

I think there is just about enough of you to start a brew club out that way... :D

Hahaha yeah, you're probably right Truman!

Hey Sambrew, nice to hear from you.

As with DU99, it's good to hear from local brewers.

Mind you, having said that you two would be pretty close to Westgate Brewers territory, wouldn't you?

Latest posts

Back