long time reader. great site

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smbjk

Reaction score
Hi guys been ag brewing for a while. So much info on this site. Fairly primative setup but it keeps me going. Slowly starting to improve my setup so build myself a $40 brew stand IMG_20140427_201135.jpg

Whipped up a cf chiller this arvo. Great info on this site guys. Thanks heaps

IMG_20140514_203323.jpg

smbjk said:
Whipped up a cf chiller this arvo. Great info on this site guys. Thanks heaps

attachicon.gif
IMG_20140514_203323.jpg
Crikey bloke, that looks well made. Where do you live? How much for you to knock me one up?

Nothing wrong with a primitive set-up. I don't even have a stand for my gear, just some rusty old army ammo crates and milk crates.

JD

Firstly, welcome!

Secondly, fancy rig, man. I have two BigW pots and an electric stove in the kitchen. As stu said, bling doesn't make great beer. I'm not saying my beer is great, but that's got nothing to do with my gear and everything to do with me. :D

Happy brewing.

Thanks guys. Live in brisbane only cost $30 but had some spare pipe laying around. Only call it primative due to the super looking rigs some of you guys have. I just love improvising and building. Isn't that part of the fun with home brewing. Always looking to tinker and improve but hate spending serious coin

smbjk said:
<snip> Isn't that part of the fun with home brewing. Always looking to tinker and improve but hate spending serious coin
Hell yeah. I'll second both of those emotions. I think if we didn't like tinkering / getting hands on then most of us would just buy beer.

I love tinkering so much I'm reinventing the wheel. My temp controller build does pretty much the same thing as an STC-1000 (well it's slightly improved and is able to have the programming updated / tweaked) but it's fun developing and building it. Although it's turning out to be more expensive than my STC-1000 build. :angry:

Thought I would make a few mods to my cfc and give it a run. Place a inline ball valve to help regulate flow so output temperature can be controlled, also made a manafold to house a temp probe super happy with result. 100deg to 22.6deg in 1 pass, nice flow rate and no pre chiller. Also gravity fed. Cfc is only 16feet long. Very happy with results

IMG_20140518_143952.jpg

Good job on that cfc, looks to good to be home made. What was your water temp to get it down that low?

huez said:
Good job on that cfc, looks to good to be home made. What was your water temp to get it down that low?
Thanks mate. Bout 20deg it think. Might be warmer come summer but I have a pre chiller if necessary

Latest posts

Back