Long Time Members Who Dont Post Much

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, well look at me 100 posts since 05. Im smokin :beerbang:

They skys the limit now :rolleyes:

I spent many years working night-shift as a breakdown fitter in the mines, and had access to the net ;) I used to get bored :lol:

Batz

huh??..what!!...who woke me up??????

wonder what post count I'm up to????

its been a while since i have posted. But to be honest most of the thinkg i needed to learn i have and it just seems that the same topics get posted and argued again and again

Still a great forum and one i have recommended to all new brewers

I've got 0.13 posts per day... Maybe 0.14 now!!! I'm usually on here daily but definately more of a reader than a writer. There's guys on here that are much more knowledgeable than myself (but I help when I can)

Been brewing for 3 years ... as usual worked my way to AG as time and money for gear permitted. Ross put me onto the forum about 6 months ago ... up till then I was working out of Palmer, Daniels and that Zanasheff bloke's books and articles after I discovered I knew more than the local brew shop guys (who told me there was no point in using special yeast ... they all taste the same :huh: ). I only started posting this month ... I think this is post #20! I did lurk around a bit ... and I still do a search before I start a topic just in case it's already been answered.

My point ... I've started 3 topics ... on two I got enough info to answer my question ... all within 24 hours. Works for me.

G'day all,
Good to see some "old" names still kicking around!
I guess the advantage of a forum such as this is that there's quite a bit of accumulated knowledge sitting here if you know how to search for it - which is a good thing.

That said, whilst a forum holds a lot of info good or not, you can't beat attending a brewday if you want to fast track your knowledge...

Cheers,
TL

Hey TL good to see you put your smiling face in here now and again. Your sound advise on that other forum got me started in AG brewing.

:icon_cheers:

The lurkers vs posters vs mega posters is a well known phenomenon on the net, its now the 90:9:1 rule not the 80:20 rule:

90% of users are lurkers (i.e., read or observe, but don't contribute).
9% of users contribute from time to time, but other priorities dominate their time.
1% of users participate a lot and account for most contributions: it can seem as if they don't have lives because they often post just minutes after whatever event they're commenting on occurs.

Reference: http://www.useit.com/alertbox/participation_inequality.html

I try and get on each day, but work & life get in the way. Now I only post when I want to know something or feel i can offer useful info. As others have said, there does seem to be more noise lately compared to good info. I am also now more selective of the threads I read and respond to......At least I can use search :D
croz u forgot trolls. dumb arse good for nothing trolls.
even if you regurgitste info its still contributing. not everyone has to do it.
no idea what my point is. too many RIS's into the night

I only ever seem to be making smart arse remarks in other peoples threads these days.

Haven't done a brew in 18 months... another victim of living in the USA... the land of cheap good beer.

This thread had me reminiscing about the days when pistol patch widely roamed the forum and regularly posted epic verse. Sometimes deleted the next morning.
And this new bloke showed up from Jimboomba who had this massive shed/bar. We were all over that like fat chicks on a cup cake and all the Queensland XMAS case swaps have been held there since. It turns out we mostly like the owner too. :p

I always look forward to the threads from the techies about their amateur brewery automation. The jokes threads. The ribbing of InCider. The humour of the SEQ bunch.

But I remember the first time I read some forum posts here... 90% went over my head... NFI... I wonder what made me come back.

Reading posts from trolls: countless hours.
Reading posts complaining about the trolls: more hours.
The top mates I have made here: priceless.

I think its time to un-ban the Jovial Monk. It's time the new guys learned how to do 5 hour boils with 2kg of EKG.
:chug:

I dont post a whole lot because some people want to correct my spelling and Punctuation rather than help or let me help.

But this forum has got me into AG brewing and i could not be more happier.

So ill stick to lurking..

I Post alot more on my local forum which have people with great knowledge.

I only ever seem to be making smart arse remarks in other peoples threads these days.

Haven't done a brew in 18 months... another victim of living in the USA... the land of cheap good beer.

This thread had me reminiscing about the days when pistol patch widely roamed the forum and regularly posted epic verse. Sometimes deleted the next morning.
And this new bloke showed up from Jimboomba who had this massive shed/bar. We were all over that like fat chicks on a cup cake and all the Queensland XMAS case swaps have been held there since. It turns out we mostly like the owner too. :p

I always look forward to the threads from the techies about their amateur brewery automation. The jokes threads. The ribbing of InCider. The humour of the SEQ bunch.

But I remember the first time I read some forum posts here... 90% went over my head... NFI... I wonder what made me come back.

Reading posts from trolls: countless hours.
Reading posts complaining about the trolls: more hours.
The top mates I have made here: priceless.

You didn't HAVE TO piss off to the land of the free.............we would have eventually accepted a Vegan Hippie in SEQAHB :lol:

Cheers mate,

Screwy

This has been a great topic guys and fantastic to hear from some of the longer term members on this forum.

Not sure if it is a coincidence, but many of the know-it-all noob brewers that seem to overtake all of the threads over the last 6 months or so haven't been seen as much lately :icon_cheers:

I for one hope to see more of you 'senior members' on these boards moving forward, as people like me have so much to learn and I'm sure you guys have bucket loads of knowledge (read experience) to help us out.

Cheers :icon_chickcheers:

You didn't HAVE TO piss off to the land of the free.............we would have eventually accepted a Vegan Hippie in SEQAHB :lol:

Yep, I only drink Organic beers now too... or was that Orgasmic beers... I forget... :D

Wholly shit, 64 posts in 6 years, top effort.................................... :beerbang:

0.03 post a day for me too. 52 Post since April 05.

But I don't get on here everyday. Once, maybe a couple of times a week if I'm lucky. Don't post much cause I feel there are many more people here more experienced to answer other's questions and I don't have much spare time for chit chat. I'd much rather be brewing than chatting about brewing in my free time. :)

I Post alot more on my local forum which have people with great knowledge.

+ they are easier to track down and beat the shit out of if you don't agree with them :lol: :lol: Butters included.

BYB

This has been a great topic guys and fantastic to hear from some of the longer term members on this forum.

Not sure if it is a coincidence, but many of the know-it-all noob brewers that seem to overtake all of the threads over the last 6 months or so haven't been seen as much lately :icon_cheers:

I for one hope to see more of you 'senior members' on these boards moving forward, as people like me have so much to learn and I'm sure you guys have bucket loads of knowledge (read experience) to help us out.

Cheers :icon_chickcheers:

Too much quoting from books if you ask me and if it is in a book, it MUST be correct. Fortunately some brewers go by their instincts not what the books say, this has given us BIAB and no-chill just to mention a few innovations that fly in the face of convention.

cheers

Browndog

I think its time to un-ban the Jovial Monk. It's time the new guys learned how to do 5 hour boils with 2kg of EKG.
:chug:
:lol: ha ha ha! Hear hear! Bring back The Monk!
:super:

Latest posts

Back