Long Time Members Who Dont Post Much

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol: Up to 5 pages now... This thread really does answer it's own question.

Warren -

Stop shit stirring Warren. Take a leaf out of Darren's book & only post constructive & informative material.

:p

& only post constructive & informative material.

CaCO3 → CaO + CO2
CaO + H2O → Ca(OH)2
Ca(OH)2 + CO2 → CaCO3 + H2O
CaCO3(s) + 2 HCl(aq) → CaCl2(aq) + CO2(g) + H2O(l)

There's my bit for all the newbies for today. :rolleyes:

Warren -

CaCO3 → CaO + CO2
CaO + H2O → Ca(OH)2
Ca(OH)2 + CO2 → CaCO3 + H2O
CaCO3(s) + 2 HCl(aq) → CaCl2(aq) + CO2(g) + H2O(l)

There's my bit for all the newbies for today. :rolleyes:

Warren -

Nice start :D Maybe tomorrow you could offer multiple pages answers, on styles which you have little experience of, quoting directly from Jamils book.. chucking in some theory from Palmer, whilst coastering your beer on Ray Daniels book :p

;)

What about the fantastic bulk buys we have many years ago?

Even Ross did one for hops before the craftbrewer days.

Lots of wort under the bridge.

batz

There's a forum lifecycle paper around here somewhere. Looking at the timeline I think AHB has got 2 more years before going full commercial, 4 years for subscription based, 7 years sold off to a multi-national (which Ross' craftbrewer should be by then) :D

It's the way of the world people............

Grumpys was a great forum. I think I only chucked a butters07 once, remember kiwidrunk (domonsura)?....something about you telling people to search instead of asking? Didnt take me long to come back. Used to love seeing the photos of their Stamstiches with Voosher, tdh (Grumpy Thomas) etc holding up a card saying "ya mongrels". Then after a bit of searching through Grumpys old threads realised that the long time members on AHB used to be on the Grumpys forum. Tony (before I knew him from AHB) always had a helpful encouraging answer, as well as Ross, TDA etc. Ross taught me a lot. Always happy to help. At that stage I didnt know what the hell he was talking about...something to do with mashing grain n stuff. Will never forget telling Grumpys they should give away some freebies for the 1000th order. Guess who got it? Me! Wont forget the day someone told stagga how to post pics either! Love ya stagga!
Cheers
Steve

Uhh...yeah, that was me :ph34r: ...I wished I'd never said it within moments as you, Stagga and seemingly everyone else tore me a new one for it....:lol: me no make that mistake again...don't search people, just ask....
The Stammtisches were awesome, i remember I reckon it was the first one, we ended up trashed at 1am in the morning standing on the tables out the front like a bunch of teenagers.... :blink: I don't remember it well, but there were photos. Those were the days, a barney from someone almost every weekend - and if it happened late in the evening it was there till the following day in all it's glory.... Stagga learning to post pics, what a great day that was.....although I bet it saves him time as 1 pic=1000 words :lol:

I was too scared to post on Grumpy's...

I think I may have been one of those people who was "mugged", but to be honest I can't quite remember... repressed teenage memories.

I wonder how many of Chappo's 4000 post in 8 Months has been Beer related :p

Cheeky
Rook

I think I may have been one of those people who was "mugged", but to be honest I can't quite remember... repressed teenage memories.

Oh that wouldn`t have been me....I get on exceptionally well with people from Adelaide.

stagga.

Or, a "Chappo is approaching 5000 posts!" thread.

I admit to being a bit of a lurker. By searching i can answer nearly all my questions. I have been K&K for the past three years after giving up brewing for about five years. I now have all the gear i need to AG and a broken finger so i cant put it together. The questions will begin again soon when the finger is healed and the gear set-up. By the way it will be a three vessel set-up without a brew stand as i have March Pump.

Anyway, i enjoy the forums and the knowledge that can be found here is amazing and sometimes confusing. I am no Scientist and the chemsitry is sometimes a bit beyond me but i have the a basic understanding. I love the "debates". Especially on news articles involving beer taxes, alcohol related violence etc. That is something i can contribute ti with first hand knowledge.

It took me ages to type this with my broken finger (including this last sentence) so i will sign off here with a "love the forums and all they and its members contribute".

Prost!

I learnt to brew from this place, and I had my competition cherry popped with a 1st place a few months ago. Thanks, AHB. You're an awesome forum.
But, as much as I want to give back, I cannot bring myself to post much for a couple of reasons.

- Human nature + the anonymity afforded by the internet = shitfights. Some people just like to stir. Thankfully this isn't the main reason.
- When I was first starting out, I was overwhelmed by the amount of information. I would ask a question, get the answer, and then reams of info I didn't necessarily need. Sometimes it was hard to pick out which was answer and which was tangential information. Homebrewers are a helpful bunch by nature, but they tend to overdo it.
I still lurk a lot of the time, but am reluctant to add to the chorus when someone new to the craft asks a question. There's already a core group that's got that job sewn up.

As usual this thread was turned into a general off topic discussion...

I only post when I have something useful to add to the topic, and if it hasn't already been said. Too busy making beer to spend much time on here but check it a few times a week.

Cheers, Andrew.

The lurkers vs posters vs mega posters is a well known phenomenon on the net, its now the 90:9:1 rule not the 80:20 rule:

90% of users are lurkers (i.e., read or observe, but don't contribute).
9% of users contribute from time to time, but other priorities dominate their time.
1% of users participate a lot and account for most contributions: it can seem as if they don't have lives because they often post just minutes after whatever event they're commenting on occurs.

Reference: http://www.useit.com/alertbox/participation_inequality.html

I try and get on each day, but work & life get in the way. Now I only post when I want to know something or feel i can offer useful info. As others have said, there does seem to be more noise lately compared to good info. I am also now more selective of the threads I read and respond to......At least I can use search :D

Back