London terrorist attack

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
350px-Gandhi_first_blood_1.jpg

Yep mind blown...

Bridges said:
To continue the movie theme, not sure if you remember Rambo 3 where Rambo helped a bunch of Afghan "freedom fighters" the taliban in their struggles against the evil soviets. Rambo was there to rescue his friend and mentor Colonel Trautman who summed up the soviet invasion thusly: "Yeah, well, there won't be a victory. Every day, your war machines lose ground to a bunch of poorly-armed, poorly-equipped freedom fighters. The fact is that you underestimated your competition. If you'd studied your history, you'd know that these people have never given up to anyone. They'd rather die than be slaves to an invading army. You can't defeat a people like that. We tried; we already had our Vietnam! Now you're gonna have yours."

Holds true to America's invasion too.

You'll probably find the worldview of your average NVA soldier quite at odds with your average taliban operative however. What with all those plans for subjugating infidels and Jews, murdering of non combatants, beheading of foreign aid workers and journalists and such.

Troutman was a ******* quitter..

Nick JD said:
When christians do it it's called "collateral damage".
no,it's called,you cnut,cop this,then they say,cop this.and on it goes since the dawn of time.boring really but then everybody loves a winner.
on a side note.in the last year 65 refugees have escaped custody and 29? are still at large.

spog said:
no,it's called,you cnut,cop this,then they say,cop this.and on it goes since the dawn of time.boring really but then everybody loves a winner.
on a side note.in the last year 65 refugees have escaped custody and 29? are still at large.
Scott Morrison asked the PM that very question today in parliment. More to the point, were they on record with ASIO.
She dodged it like a ******* champ..

*ahem*... refugees aren't in custody. Custody is for criminals.

Refugees are in administrative detention pending health and security checks.

Its not a crime to seek asylum.

Carry on.

What? Asylum seekers are trying to get out of the country we invaded?

Why would they do that? It sounds lovely there - apart from the sectarian violence and the all the, like, death of hundred thousand civilians 'n shit.

And where's my cheap petrol? WHERE IS IT? Gotta be some kind of benefit to having thousands of nutters want me and my entire culture dead... :ph34r:

Nick JD said:
What? Asylum seekers are trying to get out of the country we invaded?

Why would they do that? It sounds lovely there - apart from the sectarian violence and the all the, like, death of hundred thousand civilians 'n shit.

And where's my cheap petrol? WHERE IS IT? Gotta be some kind of benefit to having thousands of nutters want me and my entire culture dead... :ph34r:
Yeah, after all it's got nothing to do with nutters shooting schoolgirls in the head for wanting to be educated right.

I fucken hate you guys.

bum said:
I fucken hate you guys.
Right!

You all saw this plain as day, ******* hate speech!

Mods, I want this hateful cnut banned post haste!!

browndog said:
Yeah, after all it's got nothing to do with nutters shooting schoolgirls in the head for wanting to be educated right.
Is that our business? Should all the indigenous human rights abuses here be fixed by Australian people, or a self-righteous invader, with guns? What would you do if a foreign nation invaded and decided that Australia should be run by an Aboriginal parliment and were using tomahawk missiles to enforce this?

Would you fight to keep your country the same?

Is it not ironic to force freedom on a nation who hasn't asked for it?

Nick JD said:
Is that our business? Should all the indigenous human rights abuses here be fixed by Australian people, or a self-righteous invader, with guns? What would you do if a foreign nation invaded and decided that Australia should be run by an Aboriginal parliment and were using tomahawk missiles to enforce this?

I would have thought since we're obliged to re-settle people who took their lives in their hands getting here in order to escape human rights abuses, perhaps addressing the root of the cause might be a logical approach.

And I cant think of a nation who would prefer totalitarianism than the vote.

Nick JD said:
I can. North Korea.
Yeah, that's what I keep on hearing from their clearly libertarian media outlets.
That Kim Jong-un must be a top bloke.

Freedom is based on equality, the timeless notion of do onto others as you would have them do unto you. Best quantified by a document known as the, 'Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948).' Our nation is a signatory.
Apparently what that means is, our beloved politicians are bound to upholds the rights detailed in said document.
Might as well be pissing into the wind if you believe our politicians are doing so. :huh:

Nick JD said:

I guess there is a certain level of duty of care involved, conflicts in other countries do not necessarily have to be fixed by Australian people, but if everyone tool that attitude, then who would be there to help? Live and let die right. Your attitude to being invaded all depends what side you are on, if you are part of a minority group of oppressors or a cowering majority seeking liberty. This is all too hard, I'm going back to the laughs on the yeast thread.

browndog said:
I guess there is a certain level of duty of care involved, conflicts in other countries do not necessarily have to be fixed by Australian people, but if everyone tool that attitude, then who would be there to help? Live and let die right. Your attitude to being invaded all depends what side you are on, if you are part of a minority group of oppressors or a cowering majority seeking liberty. This is all too hard, I'm going back to the laughs on the yeast thread.
The assumption that we're helping is where I have issue. Sure sometimes we do (Timor is a good example) - but in recent years (supporting America) I strongly feel we are doing more harm than good, and our interntions are neither honourable, nor upholding human rights.

These intentions are making many enemies because these enemies see right through our "helping" and see it as it is: sanctioned theft and political manipulation. America is so very, very well-practiced at it - including the media propaganda that keeps the wheels greased.

If you take the time to look into it, it's really quite sickening. Much of the world sees the english-speaking Empire as pure evil. Sometimes I agree with them.

What we need to do sometimes (and it's rarely done, ever) is stop and ask ourselves why the **** are these people so angry with us?

Nick JD said:
The assumption that we're helping is where I have issue. Sure sometimes we do (Timor is a good example) - but in recent years (supporting America) I strongly feel we are doing more harm than good, and our interntions are neither honourable, nor upholding human rights.

These intentions are making many enemies because these enemies see right through our "helping" and see it as it is: sanctioned theft and political manipulation. America is so very, very well-practiced at it - including the media propaganda that keeps the wheels greased.

If you take the time to look into it, it's really quite sickening. Much of the world sees the english-speaking Empire as pure evil. Sometimes I agree with them.

What we need to do sometimes (and it's rarely done, ever) is stop and ask ourselves why the **** are these people so angry with us?
Which people, Nick?

Latest posts

Back