LNP win in Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Black Devil Dog said:
A bunch of incompetent, corrupt, leftists have been fucked off for the next few years. Do I feel better? **** YEAH!
currently labor, at state or federal, are hardly "leftist". Bloody hell, really?

Incompetent & corrupt, well, you've just described most politicians everywhere. We're in for more of the same.

browndog said:
Corrupt politicians should be put to the sword. That would keep the pricks honest.
But when it comes to those that need it the most.....and those that use it for gain...and those that "think" they hold the power...who is the one that holds the sword....

Ducatiboy stu said:
But when it comes to those that need it the most.....and those that use it for gain...and those that "think" they hold the power...who is the one that holds the sword....
Give it to me.

wide eyed and legless said:
I would go further and include anyone working in government departments.
Having worked in a "government department" as a tradesman who worked their ass off keeping a government service running for the common good of everyone, you,sir, can go **** YOURSELF

Black Devil Dog said:
feel better now?

A bunch of incompetent, corrupt, leftists have been fucked off for the next few years. Do I feel better? **** YEAH!
Because everything that's not right wing, must be left?

Seems as though the righteous leftist fanboys are struggling with the reality that everyone except them knows that their leftist organisation, stuffed full of corrupt unionists and incompetent leftists has been booted up the arse.

You aren't making any sense. Not every issue can be put down to some simplistic "left" v "right" view, and even if it could, both Liberal and Labor have left & right factions, and both are currently dominated by the right.

Give me a break haha. When was the last time we heard from the communist party?

Ducatiboy stu said:
Having worked in a "government department" as a tradesman who worked their ass off keeping a government service running for the common good of everyone, you,sir, can go **** YOURSELF
My comment was made along with browndogs comment, meaning any one who was corrupt working in a government department not all and sundry.And I have seen it first hand in immigration.

We have one big problem in this country, we dont have respect for our prime ministers and they get paid to little(yes i said to little). in comparison to miners and bank ceo's, not the mention the average tradie expat is on more then the Aussie PM. Yes they have good retirement packages, but still.

Raise the benefits of the PM and you'd get more competant and qualified people going for the job.

My best made is a mad Greens/Labour supporter, I am clearly not, we seem to get along. Its not to hard people.

Interesting point Shaunous, but if 500k +benefits is not quite enough then I wonder what is? The way I see it, it's really the public service that do the work and the Prime Minister and other ministers that lay it out before the Australian people. Politicians are not subject matter experts, it's every day Aussie gov workers that put the briefs together and the politicians take all the credit. If anyone should be getting paid more it's the gov workers. But they just get crapped on by the incoming government.

I agree Shaun we need to incite real talent into politics. A big part of it is cultural too, the last decade has been combative, and nobody in their right mind would put themselves through that without some real incentives. Crossing the floor isn't common enough because no MP wants to make their life any harder.

MPs essentially are on 24/7 and are in the public eye, it'd be a tough gig

It would be a tough gig, no doubt, being under constant scrutiny. But the more you give the servant, the more he thinks he's the master.

Black Devil Dog said:
Seems as though the righteous leftist fanboys are struggling with the reality that everyone except them knows that their leftist organisation, stuffed full of corrupt unionists and incompetent leftists has been booted up the arse.
OK. But WTF does the incompetence and corruption have to do with the fact that they're left of centre? Nothing. Any group that stays in power for a long enough time eventually becomes wasteful, lazy and corrupt.

So your fallacy is transiting the black word 'corrupt' onto 'leftist'. And the reason you're doing it, irony of ironies, is that it props up your own sense of righteousness.

Back