LNP win in Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
No different to the Libs needing the Nats to stay in power...

Bit hard a coalition party calling that another party needs a coalition to form power.....

The fact that The National Party are just a sad Joke of who they used to be and what they represented....
Agreed, though I don't see how it has anything do with my original comment.

As for logging, well, how many logs did they cut down during the 16yr labor rule? I don't think things will change much.

Edit: added a missing y

browndog said:
Agreed, though I don't see how it has anything do with my original comment.

As for logging, well, how many logs did they cut down during the 16yr labor rule? I don't think things will change much.

Edit: added a missing y
The Greens are like the Nats...both irrelevant in the mainstream

I hope Tassie doesn't suffer too much under the Libs. They are notorious for sacking people, cutting services, raising the cost of living and helping out their business mates. As I understand, it's about 1% of Tasmanians that actually work in the timber industry, it seems like a disproportionate amount of attention was given to it. By comparison, 15% of Tasmanians work in the tourism sector. Gotta love elections. But that brings me to my next point...

Here is an article from the Libs pledging some coin for a look at ways of promoting Tassies microbreweries in the tourism sector. https://www.tas.liberal.org.au/news/liberals-plan-build-modern-economy-and-create-jobs-beer-tourism. Let's hope something comes of it.

Foxy74 said:
I hope Tassie doesn't suffer too much under the Libs. They are notorious for sacking people, cutting services, raising the cost of living and helping out their business mates.
Its all Labors fault
- Tony Abbott. 1945-2014

Irony? Or struck down by Flying Spaghetti Monsters noodly appendage?

That would be just as ironic.

Suppose you also all think Global Warming or whatever they call it these days is still killing us and our planet to.

shaunous said:
Suppose you also all think Global Warming or whatever they call it these days is still killing us and our planet to.
Yep.

Because we have a brain and aren't afraid to use it.

Unlike "no brainer" LNP voters...

Haha, yep personal beliefs matter very little when it comes to anthropogenic climate change, the evidence is there in abundance. I realise that 'old mate next door' said it isn't happening because he read it on the internet, but If over 200 professional organisations, which include the likes of NASA and CSIRO agree, then I'm on board.

And he just keeps reeling em in....

Go get yourself a pint of Guinness, Happy St Pats y'all....

Foxy74 said:
Haha, yep personal beliefs matter very little when it comes to anthropogenic climate change, the evidence is there in abundance. I realise that 'old mate next door' said it isn't happening because he read it on the internet, but If over 200 professional organisations, which include the likes of NASA and CSIRO agree, then I'm on board.
There you go thinking 'evidence' is all it takes to change minds and discard redundant behaviors. It isn't. Evidence - churches, mosques and synagogues still by and large remain in their traditional forms as opposed to being converted to more practical and welcoming establishments such as microbreweries, pubs or perhaps bakeries.

Anyway, if we cant evolve quicker than Goulds finches to exist in a warmer, flooded, highly acidified planet and eat cockroaches and algae, tuff ******* titties for humans I say.

Here's pretty much where I think we need to be.

hellboy3.jpg

But Tony Abbott said climate change was bollox and sacked any who thought otherwise....

Now I'm confused......

Abbot is a visionary, we just need to pay closer attention and do like he does.

From his carbon neutral modes of transport.

art-abbott-620x349.jpg

His alternative, sustainable eating habits.

st_abbott-420x0.jpg

To his robust, leggy net-balling, gay marriage supporting, non practicing catholic, indifferent to abortion offspring.
Nope, no fossil fuel burning sports for or picketing clinics for them.

bridget-abbott-frances-abbott.jpg

Winston Churchill once quipped that the strongest argument against democracy was a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Never a truer word spoken.

Oh the turmoil in poor Tony's head....must be horrific when you add his married lesbian sister...

Liam_snorkel said:
Honestly I don't think a whole lot will change in Tassie as a result. Yes some areas of native forest might be logged, but the ones which were previously heritage listed won't because the is no market for ex-heritage listed timber.
No market? then why delist it? Maybe it could then be chipped and plantations put in no worries about markets for that!

Back