LNP win in Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We are just reversing all of Labors actions, because we can

- Tony Abbott, Australian Liberal Party.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1395023748.047308.jpg

I also went for a casual walk yesterday.

I could not make up a sign that expressed my frustration fully. So I made this one.

Thought that was a good one.

"I'm so angry I have a sign" was a personal favorite.

As was "I would rather have Joffrey than Abbot" (For all the GOT fans out there)

I noticed that the Murdoch press didnt pay much attention..

Hello,Rupert..yeah its Tony....look,there is some sort of march on........

shaunous said:
Massive amounts of land were stolen from land holders and given to National Parks, so if they give a VERY small portion back to the timber industry well its good news.
How dare they? You'd barely had time to exploit the land after stealing it from the natives! The horror!

shaunous said:
You could listen to someone with commonsense, or you could listen to a Greeny.
Or better yet, you could listen to evidence and stow the schoolyard name-calling. 'Common sense' is usually political shorthand for 'what I already believe,' which in turn is usually shorthand for 'what makes me feel better.'

The truth couldn't give less of a flying frak what makes us feel better, or what jibes with our intuition.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Lots....if you live in Tasmania....
Not according to the Tasmanians, if you look at the election results . . . .

Don't worry, as the wildlife, forests, and oceans die as they suffer increasing stress, and crops fail everywhere, a great new solution and adventure awaits. For if life now follows the science fiction writers of old as it often has in the past, governments and big business worldwide will soon be rejoicing and investing in giant Soylent Green processing plants, even in Tasmania. This will create a tremendous boost in jobs and provide a stable food supply for future generations of young people which in turn will make the politicians extremely happy and very popular. And not just jobs and food, for the huge problem of having to to tax the young workers of the future 50% of their pay just to provide for us old farts will be instantly solved! Great Stuff.

Being serious for a moment though no one should worry about Global Warming now as the time to do that past about 20 years ago. Enjoy life now the best you can. eat, drink and be merry. Reflect hopefully on the future that in one or two million years the Planet Earth will have healed and purged itself of the cancer of mankind and is now ready to give life to new species of creatures that will appreciate its beauty more than we did. I just hope there's no stinking remnants left of the human race to breed up and spoil it all again. Sad way too think really but there you go.

And now here's the worst piece of bullshit denial ever written in human history:

"It's never too late!"

Cheers :beer:

real_beer said:
Don't worry, as the wildlife, forests, and oceans die as they suffer increasing stress, and crops fail everywhere, a great new solution and adventure awaits. For if life now follows the science fiction writers of old as it often has in the past, governments and big business worldwide will soon be rejoicing and investing in giant Soylent Green processing plants, even in Tasmania. This will create a tremendous boost in jobs and provide a stable food supply for future generations of young people which in turn will make the politicians extremely happy and very popular. And not just jobs and food, for the huge problem of having to to tax the young workers of the future 50% of their pay just to provide for us old farts will be instantly solved! Great Stuff.

Being serious for a moment though no one should worry about Global Warming now as the time to do that past about 20 years ago. Enjoy life now the best you can. eat, drink and be merry. Reflect hopefully on the future that in one or two million years the Planet Earth will have healed and purged itself of the cancer of mankind and is now ready to give life to new species of creatures that will appreciate its beauty more than we did. I just hope there's no stinking remnants left of the human race to breed up and spoil it all again. Sad way too think really but there you go.

And now here's the worst piece of bullshit denial ever written in human history:

"It's never too late!"

Cheers :beer:
You don't take into account that we will more than likely destroy the planet in a nuclear war long before the human race succumbs to climate change.

From this article.
Tasmania ranks at the bottom among Australian states on virtually every dimension of economic, social, and cultural performance: highest unemployment, lowest incomes, languishing investment, lowest home prices, least educated, lowest literacy, most chronic disease, poorest longevity, most likely to smoke, greatest obesity, highest teenage pregnancy, highest petty crime, worst domestic violence. It seems not to matter which measure is chosen, Tasmania will likely finish last.
Why Tasmania is such a long-term underperformer, ( 16 years of an underperforming government?) and what might done to improve, (Change of government is a good start.)

I suppose none of the issues that affect many Tasmanians are as important as the issues facing some trees though.

browndog said:
You don't take into account that we will more than likely destroy the planet in a nuclear war long before the human race succumbs to climate change.
So is climate change just bullshit..?

browndog said:
Not according to the Tasmanians, if you look at the election results . . . .
Feels more like Labor was voted out, rather than the Libs being voted in. Shit happens in a two party system. It's been a long time since I lived here previously, but I don't really remember Tasmania prospering under any government, so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about politically. Sure is a nice place to live though :)

As a new-ish Tasmanian resident (2 years) I found the election interesting, mainly because I was used to 2 sided shouting matches back on the mainland not the 3 cornered comp where everything the the mob in the other 2 corners says is fucked.

Some rough stats from the bureau (and not quite comparing apples to apples due to the info available and state vs. fed employment )........a shade over 10% of the working population in Tas are employed as public servants.........Back in my old home of QLD the number is a shade under 7. Can't be arsed looking up other states atm. So when the former govt. decides to thin out the public service a bit the state is up in arms. Probably their own fault the way they went about it, all the headlines were about "frontline" jobs and if I can go back to my wife's tenure in the public service in QLD its the layers upon layers of management (one of which she was) she thought needed pruning.

So now Willie's coming in and is going get us back in the black, with only 500 jobs going from public service numbering a bit over 20 000. Can't wait to hear the response from the mob when the Latrobe hospital is shut down (cause seriously......Devonport is too far away).

I think he's probably got it wrong with tearing up the forest peace deal, seems like some in the industry would like it kept (TasChris, you about? Your input could be of use here........don't act like the OP's little statement waving goodbye to a forest on your back door that he's never been anywhere near didn't get your attention) and others would at least like some input from green groups to get something happening again so they can sell their product.

Good luck Wills. You're going to need it. We're poor, illiterate, unemployed and demand you get the state "back on track" but demand you don't take anything away from us in the meantime.

So we should worry about a mass nuclear war over mans influence on how the climate is changing

Latest posts

Back