LNP win in Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score
There goes the Tarkine.

tarkine.jpeg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOQKzvXKW5Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7l8rlnMpCI&list=RDzOQKzvXKW5Q

Really not liking having so many Liberal gov's across the country. But the labor party is so shit at the moment. Even though Campbell is an arse, I can't see labor getting back into Qld next term either. maybe we need a Palmerlution.

Being a farmer and a realist, and living in the country, LNP is a no brainer.

Massive amounts of land were stolen from land holders and given to National Parks, so if they give a VERY small portion back to the timber industry well its good news. You could listen to someone with commonsense, or you could listen to a Greeny.

Bribie G said:
There goes the Tarkine.

attachicon.gif
tarkine.jpeg
Read the actual plans for it Bribie, you'll still have your tree's :)

shaunous said:
Thats until they take office then announce, "Oh it's worse than we thought, the previous government was hiding info we now have to review.............."

shaunous said:

Massive amounts of land were stolen from land holders and given to National Parks, so if they give a VERY small portion back to the timber industry well its good news. You could listen to someone with commonsense, or you could listen to a Greeny.

*sigh*

I'll just call general bullshit on all the above and leave it there.

Tree's, is that like the signs on the road as you approach a fruit stall, potatoe's, mango's, cabbage's ?

shaunous said:

With Labor sucking up to the greens to get and stay in power, what would you expect?

Honestly I don't think a whole lot will change in Tassie as a result. Yes some areas of native forest might be logged, but the ones which were previously heritage listed won't because the is no market for ex-heritage listed timber.

The Feds giving money toe the Cadbury chocolate "factory" was a ******* joke (it's not a factory any more, it's a repackaging centre).

shaunous said:
This all depends on how we define a "no brainer" ;)

I wish I'd quoted the whole thing now.

It had some misplaced apostrophes, and included the word greenies in inverted commas.

browndog said:
With Labor sucking up to the greens to get and stay in power, what would you expect?
No different to the Libs needing the Nats to stay in power...

Bit hard a coalition party calling that another party needs a coalition to form power.....

The fact that The National Party are just a sad Joke of who they used to be and what they represented....

I remember choking on my dinner when prior to the last federal election Abbott declared that he wouldn't be making any deals with a fringe party.

Would that be the same Tony Abbott who stated that things like education and health would remain the same..

Oh wait...he didnt say that in the policies he never realesed

Back