LNP win in Tasmania

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try and do my part, but im only one man.

Shot a few ducks yesterday though, Yummo.

shaunous said:
I try and do my part, but im only one man.

Shot a few ducks yesterday though, Yummo.
Is that the speckled gray ones with the brown heads? you can eat those?

Love the roo. Eat it all the time.

Good to hear Airgead.

Most people I talk about it to look at me in disgust like im eating the testicles of an endanged Panda Bear. Once they try it, BEFORE u let them know what it is, they go on about how awesome it tastes. They come back for more :D

bought a kilo of roo mince the other day for the wife to use in her bolognese. Unfortunately it didn't come in that nice mince pressed texture but all squished together in a bag. Yet to cook it up on the weekend.

Had heaps of roo steaks, good as long as not overcooked obviously, as they're too lean.

shaunous said:
Good to hear Airgead.
No problem with roo and frankly no problem with hunting either (as long as its for food and no so you can have something's head on your wall). Provided its done in a sensible and controlled manner and hunters are educated as to what is huntable and what is an endangered species and stuff like that.

If you want to catch your own dinner, more power to you.

shaunous said:
Good to hear Airgead.

Most people I talk about it to look at me in disgust like im eating the testicles of an endanged Panda Bear. Once they try it, BEFORE u let them know what it is, they go on about how awesome it tastes. They come back for more :D
What are you talking about? People rave about the Stuffed Panda Scrote I serve up every Christmas. The thing people like the most is that it's done with the original stuffing.

goomboogo said:
What are you talking about? People rave about the Stuffed Panda Scrote I serve up every Christmas. The thing people like the most is that it's done with the original stuffing.
Even better when served using Ivory handled knives freshly sourced from Uganda on place mats made from Canadian baby fur seals

shaunous said:
Baaahahaha, true that.

OT - Do any of you eat Roo regulary, of have you ever at all?
Every day. I never understood the 'gamey' thing. I think it's great. Roo is a healthier and more sustainable protein source than beef in this landscape.

schrodinger said:
Every day. I never understood the 'gamey' thing. I think it's great. Roo is a healthier and more sustainable protein source than beef in this landscape.
It is the best meat source in this counrty, unfortunatly all the nutjob mobs like PETA & Animal Liberation have a bent against roo and would rather scare the general public than engage in anything constructive or reasonable.

Not to mention, way less methane from roos... The world's melting you know.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

shaunous said:
Kangaroo's will NEVER be extinct, holy crap they are getting bad by the thousands around here.
Not sure how they can justify the inflated prices for roo.

Yeah, it's tasty and good for ya, but don't they get it for next to nix?
Only costs a bullet and some diesel fuel (for the shooter's truck), and a little local labour. The rest of the process: butcher and transport, packaging and display, is the same for all meat.
I kow the shooters don't get much money for the meat that goes into dog food...

Not all of the meat is good meat. You need a licence to shoot for human consumption, plus all the other red tape that goes with it.

Just heard the best description of modern political discourse -

A billionaire, a bogan and a refugee are sitting round a table sharing 12 biscuits. The billionaire takes 11 of them, turns to the bogan and says "watch out for that refugee... he wants your biscuit".

We had some Danish relatives stay with my parents last year and I cooked them up some roo without them knowing for their first aussie BBQ.

The girl was a real fussy eater but loved it.

Should've seen their faces when they found out what it was though...

Airgead said:
Just heard the best description of modern political discourse -

A billionaire, a bogan and a refugee are sitting round a table sharing 12 biscuits. The billionaire takes 11 of them, turns to the bogan and says "watch out for that refugee... he wants your biscuit".
Fukin Gold!

Yeh I hear what ya saying Stu & Les, There is a fair bit of red tape for the Pro Roo shooter, looked into it myself, but Graftons just not the best area for it, in comparison to the guys out west a little where the properties are bigger and the Roo's are more plentifull. But in saying that, the guys having a proper crack at it, do make some decent coin in a nights work, then work day jobs through the day.

It really should be cheaper, alot cheaper, its easy as hell to butcher compared to other animals also.

Back