Little Creatures Shepard's Delight Clone

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ditchnbeer

Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering if anyone tried this Red IPA and created a recipe that gets near it, as I want to replicate this awesome single batch beer.

Blurb on label lists Southern Cross, Stella, EKG and Chinook hops.

I use Beersmth.

Thanks.

Hi Ditchin,
I agree. I asked this question a while ago looking for a recipe, but sadly no replies.
It's a GREAT drop though.
Hopefully you'll get a response and I'll grab it too.
Cheers,
Chuckie
:chug:

Its a nice IPA, on the low side of ibu's. Easy drinking. If you like red ipa try 8 wired tall poppy, heretic evil twin, liberty yakima scarlet or hopdog beerworks redhopulous and mountain goat fancy pants.

Grain bill uses:

Pale malt
Cara red
Cara Aroma
Melanoiden
Cara Munich
Naked golden oats

No idea percentages

A hop that you didn't mention is super alpha.

This came from a fact sheet that the qld rep had on his phone. Could be right or could be wrong. He was wrong about the new IPA being English style.

Loved this beer and found a bottle when I was in Tassie for a weekend away. Attached the brewers scribble, but it doesnt mention much about the grist. Even if you didnt have all the hop varieties I think it would still make a great beer. Could always try emailing the brewery although they probably dont want to let that info good but they could give you a ballpark recipe.

LC Red IPA.JPG

Many thanks for all the input. If I can get near it I will post.

Latest posts

Back