Dan Murphys Group Buy - Free Freight

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew Matt

Reaction score
Hi all,

See that DM's have a freight free offer for the next 3 days. I didn't realise until the July meet, that beer can be included in the free freight deal. Wondering if anyone is interested in splitting some beers that are not available for sale locally. Some are beers I have heard are good, and a few a just guesses.

Here is my list. I guess just add your details in if interested (in the same fashion as bulk buys - though this is not a bulk buy). Qty's are for bottles... or add your own beer to the list. Free freight ends close of business Friday.

3 Ravens 55 American Pale Ale (6 pack) $20.49
2 x Brew Matt (3.42 each)

3 Ravens English Extra Special Bitter (6pack) 20.49
2 x Brew Matt (3.42 each)

4 Pines Keller Door Amber Mosaic 500mL (single) 6.49 (very little benefit in purchasing larger qty)
1 x Brew Matt (6.49)

4 Pines Keller Door Calypso Single Hop Pale Ale 500mL (single) 7.99 (very little benefit in purchasing larger qty)
1 x Brew Matt (7.99)

Abbots Invalid Stout Stubbies (6pack) $17.49
3 x Brew Matt (8.74)

Coopers Dr Tims Traditional Ale Cans (Case 24) $42.49 (as recommended by Shaunous)
6 x Brew Matt (10.62)

Red Hill Brewery Christmas Ale (6 pack) $22.99
2 x Brew Matt (7.66)

Red Hill Brewery Hop Harvest Ale (4 pack) $19.99
2 x Brew Matt (10.00)

Doss Blockos Pale Lager (6 pack) 21.99

Mash Challenger English IPA (4 pack) 16.49

Mash Pale Ale

Red Hill Brewery Wheat Beer

Southern Bay Brewing Southern Ocean Ale

The Rat Bitter Ale

I tried ordering beer last time and the order wouldn't apply the free freight
I rang up Dan's support line and was told I was a tool for not reading the disclaimer...

sp0rk said:
I tried ordering beer last time and the order wouldn't apply the free freight
I rang up Dan's support line and was told I was a tool for not reading the disclaimer...
Yeah Sp0rk,

I just tried it, and it would not give me free freight.

To be honest I have never attempted to try before, because the offer has always stated that beer is excluded.

But when I heard of others having success, I thought perhaps it would work for me as well.

So I guess the group buy is dead in the water.

Dunno, seem to work for me when I ordered the Dr Tim's cans, I'm down to my last 6 pack, so I need a top up.

:(

dans delivery.jpg

shaunous said:
Dunno, seem to work for me when I ordered the Dr Tim's cans, I'm down to my last 6 pack, so I need a top up.

:(
If it works again for you Shaunous, let us know. Maybe they have you in the system as a VIP customer.

Just so u don't think I'm full of shit.

----------------------------------------
Item Subtotal

1 x McWilliam's Premium Tawny 2L (each)
$11.99

2 x Coopers Dr Tims Traditional Ale Cans (cases)
$91.98

Item Subtotal $103.97

Delivery $36.00
Delivery discount - $36.00

Total (ex GST) $94.52
GST $9.45
---------------------------------------------------------

Now I thought maybe because I ordered a balloon of port it was a loop hole, I've just created the exact same order and it has discounted, but only $12 of the freight, and not the full $36 like previous.

Yeah, It's possible they've patched the loophole
TBH you're better off doing a bulk buy from Beer Cartel and taking advantage of the $10 per carton flat rate fee
That or try getting onto the British bloke at Jetty Cellars in Coffs and see if they're still part of the same company as Beer Cartel and if they can just order up whatever you want

Latest posts

Back