leftovers brews

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H0U5ECAT

Reaction score
So buy now, those who have immersed themselves into kits should have a little left over from random brews or just bought the wrong ingredients.

Here's what I have left...
A Pale ale can
200 grams dark crystal
200 grams chocolate malt
100 grams crystal malt
4 kilos ldm
kilos of dextrose

Hops....
Citra
Northern brewer
Nelson sauvin
Chinook
Galaxy
Saaz
Fuggles
East Kent Golding

I'm thinking a pale ale with galaxy with the crystal malt but been there, done that...
Any ideas?
Also feel free to post your own leftovers.

You could always just use the 4kg ldme, 1/2kg dex, crystal with nelson, citra and chinook (depending on how much you have) and make a pretty decent USA/nz ipa

Well I haven't made a extract batch for a month now but from memory 4kg + 1/2 dex + crystal should make it around 7% and FG around 1.01 to 1.012 so not too sweet. I would use citra for 1/3 IBU because it has a smooth bittering and then smash the last 10 minutes of the boil with nelson and chinook depending which one you prefer the flavour with. The combo of nelson and chinook would give a great tropical fruit + resin attack if you like resiny IPAs? Although I can't say I've tried them after tasting them by themselves through both my beers and commerical (Bacchus mainly) I think they could make a pretty decent flavour/aroma combo.

You could make a nice English ale with the DME, dextrose, chocolate & crystal malt. Hop with EKG and Fuggles.

I decided to just go simple since I have 6 fermenters already bubbling away plus more planned.
Just a simple pale ale with the crystal malt.
I'll probably dry hop with the remainder Galaxy, but I still cant get on that band wagon.

TehCrucible said:
You could make a nice English ale with the DME, dextrose, chocolate & crystal malt. Hop with EKG and Fuggles.
Already on the ferment, my friend.
Using an Aussie Bitter and then all the above.

Been look into the same thing today. In my inventory i have:

0.75 Kg Black malt
0.50 Kg Choc malt
0.50 Kg Light crystal
almost a kilo of dextrose (generally just used for bulk priming)
11 g Centennial
7 g Chinook
10 g Citra
50 g Fuggles
US05 yeast

I was thinking of grabbing 2 cans of Coopers Light malt and brewing up a Robust Porter to sit in the cupboard until winter. This is the recipe I've got so far:

3 kg Coopers light Malt
0.5 kg Light crystal
0.25 kg Choc malt
0.15 kg black malt

25g Fuggles @ 60 min
11g centennial @ 40 min
7g Chinook @ 40 min
10g Citra @ 20 min
25g Fuggles @ 5 min

Instead of using the US05, I was going to get some Nottingham instead.

Does the above look about right?

That's a lot of hops.
How about dry hopping the fuggles and Chinook instead?
Both have nice noses

Latest posts

Back