Lazy yak or Carlton draught?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartf

Reaction score
Went to my local pub last night for a midweek parma, choice of beers is limited but they had fat yak & lazy yak on tap so thought I'd give the lazy a go. Maybe they used the wrong tap but to my tastebuds this stuff is just rebadged carlton draught. Anyone able to tell me if the guy behind the bar cant read or is it just not a good beer?

I'd agree that it is a pretty average beer (I much prefer the original Fat Yak), but it never tasted anything like Carlton Draught to me. Possibly wrong tap but I don't think you missed out on much either way.

I don't mind lazy yak( stubbies never had it on tap) think it may have been the wrong tap [emoji106]

stuartf said:
Went to my local pub last night for a midweek parma, choice of beers is limited but they had fat yak & lazy yak on tap so thought I'd give the lazy a go. Maybe they used the wrong tap but to my tastebuds this stuff is just rebadged carlton draught. Anyone able to tell me if the guy behind the bar cant read or is it just not a good beer?
I found Lazy Yak to be a terrible beer, but nothing like Carlton Draught.

Lazy Yak is an easy going Australian Pale Ale. The flavour of citrus and light passionfruit comes from the Citra and Nelson Sauvin Hops added late to the kettle.nothing like Carlton Draught..Wrong Tap/KEG

DU99 said:
Lazy Yak is an easy going Australian Pale Ale. The flavour of citrus and light passionfruit comes from the Citra and Nelson Sauvin Hops added late to the kettle.nothing like Carlton Draught..Wrong Tap/KEG
Tastes like water carlton sneezed at. No hint of citra.

Maybe when super, super fresh there might be a smidgeon of the tangerine it sat next to in grade 4.

That was the marketing crap you quoted rather than a personal review wasn't it?

I had the lazy in a can when it first came out, tasted like Carlton draught to me too. Feels like they've killed the Yak name. Then again Yak by name yak by nature?

Popped into the local Licka land today and they had Lazy Yak 10 can packs on sale for $19.00,yep grabbed one,yep wish I hadn't.
Very bland indeed.
Up shot being the empties are in the 10 cent refund pile for more beer/ brewing ingredients.
A win kind of...

Yob said:
What was wrong with the water? Out of those options I might prefer drinking out of the toilet maybe?...
Mmmm warm VB :icon_drool2:

I think I had one last time I was at an airport...

offended and saddened on so many levels with sudden realization I'd hit Master Beer Snob Nerd Level 24

Nah mate I used to think that VB was shite way back when there were only marginally less shite beers to choose from or Coopers.

Yob said:
Life went.... cascade D/Pale >VB > Carlton D > LC > Coopers > Homebrew > the world

Im fucked now.. Level 24..
Sir, my fervent hope for the sake of your beer-drinking soul is that when you type >, you do not mean "greater than."

Latest posts

Back