Kmart To No Longer Sell Home Brew Supplies

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi there,
I have seen the same in my travels today in QLD, the coles/k-mart does not surprise me (having worked in retail in a preious life). IMO for what its worth their is only about $1 difference between Big W and my LHBS (and Woolworths is on par $ wise) so i generally by from LHBS cause im gonna need him in the future and he has free beer when i see him (even at 9am, which thinking about it is a little concerning :unsure: ). However my double standard comes in when the retail giants have a cracker of a sale and you pick up a can of goo for $8, then its toucan time.

J

yep noticed that KM here are stocking less..cheer...spog......
hi there,
I have seen the same in my travels today in QLD, the coles/k-mart does not surprise me (having worked in retail in a preious life). IMO for what its worth their is only about $1 difference between Big W and my LHBS (and Woolworths is on par $ wise) so i generally by from LHBS cause im gonna need him in the future and he has free beer when i see him (even at 9am, which thinking about it is a little concerning :unsure: ). However my double standard comes in when the retail giants have a cracker of a sale and you pick up a can of goo for $8, then its toucan time.

J

TRARALGON
Kmart - still a wide range
Coles - haven't been there for a while.
Woolies - tiny range now
MORWELL
Big W - good range.

Hi guys,

Anyone have any idea does the BigW at Swanston St in Melbourne have any homebrew supplies? I am heading over in dec and hopping to bring back home some kits and bits stuff. Thank you

Just got BigW new catalogue in the mail. They have a special on, not in QV Melbourne, Brisbane CBD or Canberra City.

Coopers normal brew $7.98 and inernational series $9.97

BigW QV phased out homebrew after a store redesign (that's what they told me).

BigW in Doncaster had their normal decent range. Been a few months though, could've changed. Kmart in burwood always seems to have homebrew stuff, but then, they are massive.

OK,

I took a visit to KMart Northland yesterday arvo to find they still have HB supplies, low in stock and unfortunatly no bottles (the only thing i damn need) i will be trying vic gardens tomorrow and if all else fails, bigw box hill or parahan.

Just checked Kmart Broadway (Sydney)

Packets of 100x coopers crown seals going for $1ea. Other than that, nothing left other than dextrose & BE1.

Kmart hurstville homebrew section is all clearance they had very few kits and some bags of Dextrose, and rockdale Big W.. do not have any home brew section, nor does BigW Campsie or any of the Coles or Woolies stores surrounding.. very dissapointing, Im gonna have to start going to the Peakhurst or Kogarah Homebrew shops.

I started my HB from Kmart and Big W, but have never been back for supplies, except for emergencies. (is there such thing as a brewing emergency? YOU BET!!)
From my second brew onwards I always head the the LHBS whether its 5 minutes or 30 minutes away. I find it extremely difficult to discuss the finer points of homebrew and ask for advice from a 17yr old shop assistant who doesn't know their product range let alone how much and what type of hop goes with which recipe.
Find a LHBS and go there. Often. Trust me they will start talking about brewin, maybe give you some of their recipes, I even got a taste test of what was in the blokes own fermenter at the store!
If the LHBS is too far, call 'em up and chat to them then get them to send it to you. I got a massive box of stuff sent for about $10 and a heap of advice on the phone. Worth it!
just my 2 cents (ex GST)

I started my HB from Kmart and Big W, but have never been back for supplies, except for emergencies. (is there such thing as a brewing emergency? YOU BET!!)
From my second brew onwards I always head the the LHBS whether its 5 minutes or 30 minutes away. I find it extremely difficult to discuss the finer points of homebrew and ask for advice from a 17yr old shop assistant who doesn't know their product range let alone how much and what type of hop goes with which recipe.
Find a LHBS and go there. Often. Trust me they will start talking about brewin, maybe give you some of their recipes, I even got a taste test of what was in the blokes own fermenter at the store!
If the LHBS is too far, call 'em up and chat to them then get them to send it to you. I got a massive box of stuff sent for about $10 and a heap of advice on the phone. Worth it!
just my 2 cents (ex GST)
amen!! lhb + beer = :)

Dropped into Kmart Mt Gravatt on the way home today and amongst other things i saw Coopers LDME for $3 for 500g, they must be in their hurry to clear it out now.

Latest posts

Back