Kit Beer Bos At The Nationals

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
at the end of the day.....points is points.....Dan scored BOS.....I congratulate him as any home brewer would.

Cheers
Steve

POMO I loved your race commentary - very clever.

Dan could not brew a beer to save himself and neither can his mate Stagger, sure they say they do well in comps, but how do you really know..and Weizguy..that Weizen of yours was just sour piss.
The only way to brew beer is not to brew it but to buy it...thats what pubs are for..go Tooheys New !

Just adding to generally crap tone of some of this thread.

Dan's beer had to qualify to get into the nationals by getting a 1 , 2 or 3 in ACT. He was up against some big competition in big beers and got through. I actually judged his beer in the ACT comp.
I also judged in BOS at NSW and the Weizen was trully excellent as well.

Dans beer was the highest scoring beer on the day...I think that we should be congradulating him not having some sour hoary old argument about kits and AG.

Kurtz
BJCP Certified

Not adding to the argument, just to clarify as I may have stuffed up my maths somewhere (and couldnt be arsed wading back to find where it was and check!). My hops cost me either $6 or $8 per 100g. I could probably get em cheaper, but I am quite happy with my current system, saves me ending up with several hundred grams of the same hop. And I get 3 brews and a bbq from a $22 gas bottle!
All the best,
Trent

And I get 3 brews and a bbq from a $22 gas bottle!
$22! ! ! Ye Gods, Swap&Go have a lot to answer for... I can get a 9kg cylinder filled for $9.50 down the road, and the only other thing it costs me is the five minutes it takes to fill.

Cheers,
TSD

Dang TSD, I'm coming over to your place to fill my bottle....and I get about 5-6 brews with my 9kg bottle..

Have I missed the op to don the asbestos undies again?????

I enter this thread with some trepidation as what I have to say may get me kicked out of the Real Brewers Club.
I qualify for the Real Brewers Club on a couple of points,
I brew only AG beer,
I own a NASA burner,
I use Promash,
I have a SS false bottom,
I chill
Dont brew in a bag
I don't use road side gravel as a filter for my mash tun and
I have a refractometer.

However I fall short in a few areas:
I dont have a March pump
I dont have a hopback
I dont keg
I dont work in IT

Any who my confession is that today I feel that I should demote my self down to an Assistant Brewer as I stuffed up my 7th AG brew. Ended up with 30 litres at OG 1.046 instead of 26 litres of OG 1.061. However I am still keen to enter this beer as an IPA as it was meant to be in the next Beer Comp.

The next comp is in Risdon Penitentiary. None of the Judges are BJCP however one of them has GBH, B in and E and DUI.

Being an AG brewer I cant see myself being beaten however I have heard that Killer Dan McGrady has a wicked brew made from potato peelings, anti freeze and black shoe polish.
Bet he wins as he has entered in the high gravity section.
Don't reckon he is a proper brewer tho

Chris

CONGRATULATIONS DAN

Oh sorry....did I go off Topic :blink:

I'm surprised some of you fellas can see the monitor with your heads so far up your own ar$e. :rolleyes:

Pardon my ignorance. Is Dan a member here? Is it Dan` the CO2 guy, dantheman with one post asking about brewing TED from a kit or does he go by another name?

Also, apologies for not congratulating the best in show winner, Dan. And his kit maker :D

Dan is (suprise) a member of Canberra Brewers and a bouncer at a local pub as well as a Trivia nigorganiser.
As he spends so much time bashing peoples skulls together he has a passing interest in Phrenology.
He also takes trips (man) overseas on a regular basis to drink beer and deliver papers (for local newsagents).
He is not only a brilliant man but a damn fine brewer, he and I have the pleasure of working with each other on public mash demos and radio shows. I understand that his RIS was his last extract based beer before seeing the light.

K

Dan is (suprise) a member of Canberra Brewers and a bouncer at a local pub as well as a Trivia nigorganiser.
As he spends so much time bashing peoples skulls together he has a passing interest in Phrenology.
He also takes trips (man) overseas on a regular basis to drink beer and deliver papers (for local newsagents).
He is not only a brilliant man but a damn fine brewer, he and I have the pleasure of working with each other on public mash demos and radio shows. I understand that his RIS was his last extract based beer before seeing the light.

K

I just wonder if he's reading all these congratulations? We saw in the first post of the thread that he's listened to Scotty's little voices. ;)

Can i continue with the silliness and make some reference to life being a parallel to Star Wars when we boil the K+K / AG arguement right down.

Darth Vader: "SCCHHKKKKDDDDD, LUKE, FEEEEEELLLLLL THE FORCE LUKE, IT IS YOUR DESTINY"

Luke Skywalker: "I will never give into the Dark Side Father. Do HB shop owners who sell grain and those hop things have big knockers like the checkout chick at Woolies are on saturday when i head down and get me kit and kilo ....."

Darth Vader: "SCCHHKKKKDDDDD, LUKE, FEEL THE WARM GRAINS, SMELL THE BOIL, FEEL THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE OF THE MASH LUKE, COME TO THE DARK SIDE LUKE .... COMMMMEEEE ... ITS EVERY KIT BREWERS DESTINY ..... FEEL THE FORCE .... SCCHHKKKKDDDDD ... THE FORCE ...."

Can i continue with the silliness and make some reference to life being a parallel to Star Wars when we boil the K+K / AG arguement right down.

Darth Vader: "SCCHHKKKKDDDDD, LUKE, FEEEEEELLLLLL THE FORCE LUKE, IT IS YOUR DESTINY"

Luke Skywalker: "I will never give into the Dark Side Father. Do HB shop owners who sell grain and those hop things have big knockers like the checkout chick at Woolies are on saturday when i head down and get me kit and kilo ....."

Darth Vader: "SCCHHKKKKDDDDD, LUKE, FEEL THE WARM GRAINS, SMELL THE BOIL, FEEL THE POWER OF THE DARK SIDE OF THE MASH LUKE, COME TO THE DARK SIDE LUKE .... COMMMMEEEE ... ITS EVERY KIT BREWERS DESTINY ..... FEEL THE FORCE .... SCCHHKKKKDDDDD ... THE FORCE ...."

Straight to the Pool Room.

(Ooops, wrong forum).

[/quote]

yoda.jpg

.....hhhhmmmmm......Kurtz...too much....hanging with....you have been,....yes.....???

....P.S....Dan & Stagger are fantastic brewers.....and the less hair you got the better you brew....

...my future is looking very bright...

..signed....."The Skid Lid Kid"....

Well done Dan. You made some beer that other people liked.

I make beer for myself and to the style I like.

I hope you enjoyed your beer, because I love mine.

I've read all the posts in this thread with much interest and first off I'll say I'm an ex-kit AG brewer. I am not a member of any club and have never entered a comp. I brew beer to drink. I can see both sides of the arguement here and I have to say that in my opinion the competitions are flawed. There should be seperate streams for K&K and AG. I have an analogy to add, how about a cake competition. Nana, has been making her fruitcake from scratch for the last 50yrs and enters it in her local fair while little jess up the road buys a betty crocker fruitcake mix from woolies, adds the egg and fruit and enters in the same comp. It doesn't happen because they don't allow it , have a look here at the rules of this comp. Link. Check out the rules at the bottom of the page.
The end result is the same yes, but I believe the way you go about it is the deciding factor.

cheers

Browndog

Well done Dan. But as previously mentioned, what would Stagger knwo about brewing? :huh: :beer: :beer:

:D
Dan is certainly more physically attractive (in a platonic sense, of course) since going to AG. Well done Dan! Oh, and well done on the BoS as well.

What about us Partial Mashers......are we sort of half handsome !!? :rolleyes: :ph34r:

:D
Dan is certainly more physically attractive (in a platonic sense, of course) since going to AG. Well done Dan! Oh, and well done on the BoS as well.

What about us Partial Mashers......are we sort of half handsome !!? :rolleyes: :ph34r:

Well, I've certainly enjoyed a little more attention from the ladies since I got a larger tun. ;)

Latest posts

Back