Kit And Extract Beer Spreadsheet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I noticed that the hop AA% does this to not with just that variety but all. Although I am using linux and open office and a error comes up every time I change weights also the EBC wont work shows all brews black lol gives me IBU and OG so thats about what I need

I noticed that the hop AA% does this to not with just that variety but all. Although I am using linux and open office and a error comes up every time I change weights also the EBC wont work shows all brews black lol gives me IBU and OG so thats about what I need

Problem is probably Open Office, I know most of the macros don't run correctly in Open Office. When you alter a kit, malt or grain or their weights a macro automatically runs to update the colour.

Irun crossover and office 2000 and all works sweet....

Hi, the spreadsheet doesn't seem to pick up the weights from those cells. I have to manually put the weight of the can in ( cell c6).
This will then change all the weights of other cans in other recipes i've made.

Also one other thing, is there any way to alter the brewhouse efficiency factor? The OG predictions are off but a few points. It predicted 1.049 but i was up around the 1.055 once i finished!

Thanks

The spreadsheet picks up the Kit weight from the Main worksheet cells E101:E147 if you change the weight there it will be used every time that kit is used whether it is in a saved recipe or a newly created one.

I have office 2007 on my latop and on dual boot on this but cant be arsed getting the laptop or rebooting so I use open office. As I say I only use it to check a recipe and I dont save my recipes I right them all into a book so if comp crashes I can still get to them :p plus having recipes spread over 3 hard drives and 2 computers gets a bit confusing.

How do I account for 1kg of Brewcraft Kit Converter 66. Is there somewhere that I can find out what the make up of BKC 66 is?

Excel opens OK. This is what happens:

1. Open the beer spreadsheet. This message comes up (as usual):

5221791898_4890b0b48b.jpg

2. I click 'Enable Macros' (as usual) and then this window comes up:

5221791968_a5251f5e0d.jpg

3. This window then appears to process repeatedly for about 10 seconds

5221792040_b1c306c25a.jpg

4. The main excel menu bar appears but no spreadsheet appears or is open?

Dunno?

Thanks for the help

sorry it has taken a while to reply

try going to the window menu in excel and see if it is there and open and the window for the spread sheet is just not being seen then try arrange to see if it shows up

Whenever I open this spreadsheet on either my work or home PCs (different version of excel) it crashes regardless of whether I enable or disable macros. Is this a know problem with a work-around?

Hi Ian

Just thought I'd say thanks for a great little brew resource, I will be using it for my next brew.

You have done something that I thought was impossible, make excel interesting.

Cheers

Hi Ian

Just thought I'd say thanks for a great little brew resource, I will be using it for my next brew.

You have done something that I thought was impossible, make excel interesting.

Cheers

Thanks for the comments, Excel has always been interesting.

Been away a few weeks hopefully have version 3 available shortly, includes adjuncts which I don't use so makes testing a little difficult.

cheers

Ian

hopefully have version 3 available shortly

:p heads off to mark callender for "shortly" and crack open another fabulous brew that was greatly assisted by your 'old' version... which seems to end up on any computer I visit on a regular basis :p

bless all that you brew Iann ya blood's worth botteling.. or kegging, which ever you'd prefer

:party:

Hi All

Decided to upload Version 3 of the spreadsheet as it is difficult for me to test as I don't use adjuncts nor use do I use 8 hops in a brew.

View attachment My_Kit___Extract_Beer_Designer_V3.0a.xls

Version 3 replaces the old Dextrose and Maltodextrin with those two slots being used for adjuncts and increases the number of hops slots to 8.

These changes have flow on effects.

If you want to copy your recipes across from the previous version and you have more than 10 recipes, then you will need to insert 4 rows between each set of 10 recipes. Start the the highest number first and work back. You will also need (if more than 18 recipes) to cut and paste the data in Columns A & B so there are no gaps.

If copying Brews across. You need to add the old Dextrose and Maltodextrin weights together in one column and then delete the other column before copying them across. In the version 3 there is just one column for adjuncts.

The Inventory sheet has changed and you will need to re-enter your inventory.

This will be the last version of the spreadsheet except to fix problems as I am moving on to BIAB, for which I may develop a spreadsheet.

cheers

Ian

Thanks Ian.

Love the spreadsheet and use it all the time.

Cheers

Mark

cheers

Ian

Thanks for the updated version.

I had issues copying the recipes from the old version to the new one until I worked out that you had set up a quick-key on the recipes sheet to interpret Ctrl-C as something other than "copy" which caused crashes and DLL errors and invalid object reference errors.

Copying error work-around
If anyone else has problems just highlight the recipes you want to copy from the old version and "right-click copy" rather than using ctrl-c.

Another problem I found since I'm using office 2003 you've got a library reference to Office 12 which makes the document fail constantly after the first time opening.

"DLL Failed to Open" and "Document not saved" errors
Open the document and don't enable macros when prompted. Press Alt-F11 which will open the Visual Basic editor. Click on "tools > References" you will see a list of references with ticks next to them. Untick the one that has "Missing" at the start. Click ok, and save the document and close it. Open it again, and enable macros and it will work.

Thanks for the updated version.

I had issues copying the recipes from the old version to the new one until I worked out that you had set up a quick-key on the recipes sheet to interpret Ctrl-C as something other than "copy" which caused crashes and DLL errors and invalid object reference errors.

Copying error work-around
If anyone else has problems just highlight the recipes you want to copy from the old version and "right-click copy" rather than using ctrl-c.

Another problem I found since I'm using office 2003 you've got a library reference to Office 12 which makes the document fail constantly after the first time opening.

"DLL Failed to Open" and "Document not saved" errors
Open the document and don't enable macros when prompted. Press Alt-F11 which will open the Visual Basic editor. Click on "tools > References" you will see a list of references with ticks next to them. Untick the one that has "Missing" at the start. Click ok, and save the document and close it. Open it again, and enable macros and it will work.

Thanks for that Impy

I don't remember setting anything up like that but then I don't use keyboard shortcuts.

The Spreadsheet was done using Excel 2007 but was saved as a 2003 spreadsheet to cater for older versions of Excel which could explain the reference to Office 12.

cheers

Ian

G'day Ian, some help if possible please.

I am legally blind and use a screen reader (my computer talks to me).

I just wondered if you could knock a quick guide of how to use the spreadsheet, I have looked it and think half figured it out, but there are so many fields I'm a bit lost.

much appreciated for any help.

thanks,

G'day Ian, some help if possible please.

I am legally blind and use a screen reader (my computer talks to me).

I just wondered if you could knock a quick guide of how to use the spreadsheet, I have looked it and think half figured it out, but there are so many fields I'm a bit lost.

much appreciated for any help.

thanks,

Hi Pistol

PM sent

Back