Kit And Extract Beer Spreadsheet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,

I am getting an error that does not allow me to save my recipes
it tells me that the macro"...module1 saver recipe" is not found.
I am using Office 2008 for Mac. Anyone has a similar error?

Cheers

M$ now have Office 2011 for the Mac they had removed macro's from 2008 as it was in 2004 however due to complaints it is back it is all working under that for me on my Mac

good thing is it is cheeper than the last version as well. B)

Well done Ian this is very cool

Hi Ian, great spreadsheet. My only problem is the Inventory button comes up with a "Compile Error: Variable not defined", and the Make Recipe comes up with "Run time error 13: Type mismatch". :( I've got excel 2003 on PC and no fiddling seems to fix it.

Hi drfad

I think I have found a problem relating to the error 13 for Make Recipe macro. I normally use bulk prime with dextrose and have no problems, however if I turn bulk prime off and leave dextrose in cell N19 I get error 13 as you did.

If you change the dextrose in cell N19 to sugar the error disappears.

Can you check on your copy to see if this fixes the problem.

cheers

Ian

this may well be a very stupid question.. but Im gunna ask anyway.. Ian.. why can I not find Wheat Malt in the grains list? er.. Im using v2.3a.. sorry i fthis has been covered..

:icon_cheers:

Hi drfad

I think I have found a problem relating to the error 13 for Make Recipe macro. I normally use bulk prime with dextrose and have no problems, however if I turn bulk prime off and leave dextrose in cell N19 I get error 13 as you did.

If you change the dextrose in cell N19 to sugar the error disappears.

Can you check on your copy to see if this fixes the problem.

cheers

Ian

Excellent! It now works...sort of. It tells me I don;t have any of the ingredients.

I'm going to ask a really stupid question now and I thank you for your deity like patience... Is the Inventory button contingent on me putting stuff into the inventory tab, or does the button lead to a form or something to enter my on hand stock?

Excellent! It now works...sort of. It tells me I don;t have any of the ingredients.

I'm going to ask a really stupid question now and I thank you for your deity like patience... Is the Inventory button contingent on me putting stuff into the inventory tab, or does the button lead to a form or something to enter my on hand stock?

The Inventory button puts things into the Inventory worksheet and when you Make Recipe it checks the Inventory and if all there removes them.

iamozziyob wheat malt is not in the grains list as it is not a specialty malt. i.e. it requires mashing not steeping. They is a Caramel Wheat malt and a Chocolate Wheat malt in the list both can be steeped.

cheers

Ian

iamozziyob wheat malt is not in the grains list as it is not a specialty malt. i.e. it requires mashing not steeping. They is a Caramel Wheat malt and a Chocolate Wheat malt in the list both can be steeped.
Ian

thought it to be something like that, thanks man

Awesome spreadsheet Ian! Have been using it alot to plan my brews.

Unfortunately I encountered a problem when I went to open it tonight. Basically it is not launching. Was working perfectly a week ago. I downloaded your latest version but still no go.....

I am on a Mac using OSX 10.5.8 and running MS excel 2004. Excel updated last night so I think it may have a caused the problem. If you hear anything on the grapevine re: this problem let me know.

In the meantime I will have to download it onto my PC.

Stew

Awesome spreadsheet Ian! Have been using it alot to plan my brews.

Unfortunately I encountered a problem when I went to open it tonight. Basically it is not launching. Was working perfectly a week ago. I downloaded your latest version but still no go.....

I am on a Mac using OSX 10.5.8 and running MS excel 2004. Excel updated last night so I think it may have a caused the problem. If you hear anything on the grapevine re: this problem let me know.

In the meantime I will have to download it onto my PC.

Stew

what is the error you are getting when opening the file, the last update they did for '04 was a security one back in October I think

also will Excel open ?

Excel opens OK. This is what happens:

1. Open the beer spreadsheet. This message comes up (as usual):

5221791898_4890b0b48b.jpg

2. I click 'Enable Macros' (as usual) and then this window comes up:

5221791968_a5251f5e0d.jpg

3. This window then appears to process repeatedly for about 10 seconds

5221792040_b1c306c25a.jpg

4. The main excel menu bar appears but no spreadsheet appears or is open?

Dunno?

Thanks for the help

The Inventory button puts things into the Inventory worksheet and when you Make Recipe it checks the Inventory and if all there removes them.

cheers

Ian

For some reason I keep getting the same error when I click the inventory button.

Hi all,

I am just trying out the spread sheet and was wondering about the BEER STYLE tab, I have put together a brew with a can of Coopers IPA and a can of Coopers Lager (don't ask, I just wanted to try it!!) and used the IPA yeast.

Anyway, I'm wondering what to do for the style, when I change it, it chaanges eveything, (OG, FG %Alc etc) What do you all sugest I put the style as? it came out at 1.052 OG and I put in 25g of Cascade Hops.

tia

HC

anybody know what the approx ratio is for the coopers BE1 and BE2 might be.. ie % od dextrose/maltodextrin/LDME?

Ive been plugging into the spreadheet what I "think" it might be but Im probably off... <_< .. beers been tasting OK though so no great drama.. have been going with feels right and tastes right but it would be handy to know actual figures...

Ive picked up a few BE1's on sale and intend on using them :D

:icon_offtopic:

Im going for a side by side comparison for the next brews... 2 x 20lt cubes which I will probably squeese 23lt's out of with a blow off tube.. eeach.. should be fun... it's going to be a great summer!!

thoughts appreciated.

Perle_Option.JPG

Cascade_Option.JPG

anybody know what the approx ratio is for the coopers BE1 and BE2 might be.. ie % od dextrose/maltodextrin/LDME?

BE1 contains 60% Dextrose and 40% Matodextrin
BE2 contains 250g Light Dry Malt, 500g Dextrose and 250g Maltodextrin.

cheers

Awesome work Ian, i'm having fun plugging in recipe ideas.

One usability note though, not on the spreadsheet itself but the forum thread. You should edit your first entry to include all the versions of the sheet as it comes out. It's fairly standard forum practice for this kind of thing. At the moment tracking down the latest version is a round about process of going back to the first page, then finding the page reference, then going to the right page, then scrolling down to find your post. It would be better if all the versions were neatly located on the first post.

Forum has a time limit on edits so while he'd probably like to, he can't with the forum in its current format.

Hi Ian,

first off, this spreadsheet is amazing and has been a big help in planning out some future brews. I seem to have a similar issue with mismatch errors being generated when using the 'make recipe' button. Running in debug mode everything runs well until the spreadsheet has to start removing items from the inventory and then spits out the mismatch error. Not sure if will make a difference, but I'm running Excel 2007.
Cheers

mismatch_error.GIF

Forum has a time limit on edits so while he'd probably like to, he can't with the forum in its current format.

Can't he message an admin with the text to add to the first post?

Hi ian, i've come across some problems with the spreadsheet. I'm not sure if its just me but i have 4 difference recipes. I've found that when you change the weight of the kit used it'll change it for all recipes not just the one currently open.

Any fixes?

Thanks

Can't he message an admin with the text to add to the first post?

As the latest version generally has fixes as well as new bits, so asked Admin to point the first post at the latest version. Not familiar with forum protocol but certainly don't want to be trying to answer questions on earlier versions.

cheers

Ian

Hi ian, i've come across some problems with the spreadsheet. I'm not sure if its just me but i have 4 difference recipes. I've found that when you change the weight of the kit used it'll change it for all recipes not just the one currently open.

Any fixes?

Thanks

The spreadsheet picks up the Kit weight from the Main worksheet cells E101:E147 if you change the weight there it will be used every time that kit is used whether it is in a saved recipe or a newly created one.

Back