Kit And Extract Beer Spreadsheet

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'day Ian or anyone, just wondered what's the difference between the IBU on J14 and the calculated IBU on J21?

thanks,

Thanks Ian for the awesome beer recipe tool. I have a question for you - how can I add more hops lines? I tried just dragging down the cells from the hops tables but that doesn't really work - the IBU don't get added into the IBU total and when you save it, it saves the extra values for all the recipes instead of just the recipe they belong to.

Thanks Ian for the awesome beer recipe tool. I have a question for you - how can I add more hops lines? I tried just dragging down the cells from the hops tables but that doesn't really work - the IBU don't get added into the IBU total and when you save it, it saves the extra values for all the recipes instead of just the recipe they belong to.

In version 3 you have 8 hop entries. If you need more all I can suggest is if you are adding more than one hops at the same time, say 60 minutes, then add a new hop to the list on the MAIN worksheet cell S100 down that is a combination of the names and %AA values.

cheers

Ian

To get the additional IBU to calculate you will need to change the formula in cell K14 to add in the additional cells that you are adding. The original formula should read something like =INT((SUM(G26:G31,F6:F7))*10)/10 to get the additional rows into the calculation, just change G31 to the last row that you have added.

Hope this helps

To get the additional IBU to calculate you will need to change the formula in cell K14 to add in the additional cells that you are adding. The original formula should read something like =INT((SUM(G26:G31,F6:F7))*10)/10 to get the additional rows into the calculation, just change G31 to the last row that you have added.

Hope this helps

Hi

Yes that adds them OK for calculating IBU's but not saved in recipes or added to Brewday worksheet.

Hi

Yes that adds them OK for calculating IBU's but not saved in recipes or added to Brewday worksheet.

Good point Ian, I hadn't actually thought that far ahead. If I had I would have remembered there's a lot of work in the macros to carry across the additional rows to the recipes & brewday sheets.

Oh well, time for another home brew :icon_cheers:

Yes it is a great spreadsheet. Although I did notice the Coopers Euro Lager is not listed :eek:

Cracking spread sheet, although have a little difficulty with my Mac, but it does work. Great for calculating IBU etc.

Thanks Ian.

Hi Ian, I'm new to using your spreadsheet and it's amazing. I have noticed though, that the hop %AA on the main tab does not correspond to the Hops %AA on the hops tab. E.g. Cascade is 5.8% on the Hops tab but when I select it on the Main tab it pulls up 7.8% AA. Is there a way of fixing this? Thanks...

Hi Ian, I'm new to using your spreadsheet and it's amazing. I have noticed though, that the hop %AA on the main tab does not correspond to the Hops %AA on the hops tab. E.g. Cascade is 5.8% on the Hops tab but when I select it on the Main tab it pulls up 7.8% AA. Is there a way of fixing this? Thanks...

Hi Michael

The %AA value on the Main worksheet is the only one that matters as that is the value used in the calculations. The Hops worksheet is basically for information, but you can change any of the values to match your hops.

Honey is nearly all fermentable so subbing dextrose or sucrose should be good.

Maltodextrin is according to the net non fermentable and increases 'thickness' or mouthfeel of the beer it also increases both OG and FG of a brew.

Thanks Ian for this spreadsheet. Been using it for a few months now and find it indispensable when planning brews.
Great work.

Hi Ian, I use honey too, can I just enter a value for dextrose or maltodextrin to make the calculations work?

Thanks for the spreadsheet.

Green

Assuming you are using version 3.0 (in post 352) Honey should be in the Adjuct dropdown list. From memory its about 80% sucrose plus liquid.

cheers

Ian

hey ian, thanks for the spreadsheet - it rocks

one addition i am trying to make is a 'brix' section that will list OG, FG, uncorrected FG and 1 degree before FG (so i can dump into a keg and get at this point and get free c02)

however i am a total mathtard, and can't get anything to work

cheers

kymba

Back