Kevin Rudd Becomes Primeminister Of Australia

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this in the email

Cat_Vote.jpg

What's the problem?
The result was entirely predictable!
We voted...............we got politicians............. :mellow: :mellow: ^_^

Frasertag, how does it feel to be in the minority :D

Frasertag, how does it feel to be in the minority :D

Scary Very Scary
To see that this country wants another round of labor punishment.
Just wait and see krudd will start spending on all his promises, this in itself will cause interest rates to rise.
As far as the reserve bank is concerned krudd should break some of his election promises to stop the chance of huge rises.

Time will tell, but i am counting on that you would wish you were in the minority aswell...

What do politics and brettanomyces have in common?

Just wait and see krudd will start spending on all his promises, this in itself will cause interest rates to rise.
As far as the reserve bank is concerned krudd should break some of his election promises to stop the chance of huge rises.

Ahhh. It's all clear to me now. Thanks for that Frasertag, politicians should break their election promises, that's why John had core and non-core promises.

It all makes perfect sense.

I say bring on the revolution.

My vote is for Comrade Gough*, the Peoples Champion and the Peoples Brewer!

Keith

*the AHB Gough of course!

So let me ask you this: do you think Little Johnny's proposed tax cuts would have put no pressure on inflation and the interest rate?

If Little Johnny was so responsible for interest rates then why could he not stop them from rising in the build up to an election?

Didn't Costello say that interest rate rises were proof of good economic management?

Don't buy the propaganda I say. From either side.

Interest rates may be rising, but they are still a heck of alot lower then that of the early nineties, I know that in that time my family had to pay 22% interest on loans due to the huge rises. How are small businesses meant to to accommodate this in the future if labor goes on another spending spree????

While the country may not be perfect it is in a hell of alot better position than it was 12 years ago (just look at the $AUD), and anyway if Labor stuffs up (which they may not, given they have any brains), but if they do it will be a big fat "I told you so" in 3 years and they will be out.

Congratulations whole heartedly to the winners, but for Christ sake be careful.

Thats all from me.

Pok

This election showed that most Australians didn't buy Howard's lies that liberal=good, labor=bad. Governments manage economies, they don't control rampant mining booms, and periods of strong economic stability (in large part due to Keating/Hawke de-regulation and reforms).
'Be afraid, be avery afraid' was finally seen to be just another trick to frighten people to vote for Howard (just like the other scares such as interest rates, hordes of refugees breaking into our country and terrorists on our doorstep). Are we are safer country now? I doubt it, I think Johnnie's love of George Bush and his policies has painted a big red bullseye on this nation.
Rudd is not about to wreak economic havoc (he promised less in his spending spree, remember?), he is a conservative christian after all.
Bleh.. :beer:
BTW How long untill we get a republic?

Re the bush/US love affair....

What a joke we would have looked like if Peter Costello was PM and he upped Tony Abbott to Treasurer??

Country run by Abbott and Costello!!

Rudd is not about to wreak economic havoc (he promised less in his spending spree, remember?), he is a conservative christian after all.

The was the election where the two contenders were small, gray haired, conservative men with glasses. Not much to choose from.

I am so sick of what I term "Aspirational; Liberal Voters" (very thick on the ground here in WA) that fail to see anyhting relevant in government and politics other than the balance of their bank accounts,

Didn't someone say that we as a nation should be more concerned about the state our society than the state of our economy?

Or is that just some leftist ideal these days? Money is everything.

The was the election where the two contenders were small, gray haired, conservative men with glasses. Not much to choose from.

The whole thing seemed to be an argument about two flavours of vanilla.

Rudd has made some interesting promises going into the election (withdrawing troops, kyoto, saying sorry to aborigines). It will be interesting to see if he does, and what happens as a result.

I didn't vote for him, but I do hope we see a bit of a reshuffle of priorities on both sides of politics. I'm not holding my breath tho.

Don't place your faith in the next generation of politicians either. I've had occasion to meet quite a lot of them (in youth political circles) and they are a combination of sheltered kids that come from politically active families (who toe the party line, but have their "own point of view") and more radical types who really have no clue, and absolutely no ability to think outside the box.

Back