kerr non alcoholic thread.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the other one looks like it will do that to now as well i will just have to wait and see. maybe the clearer, the better at first.

keep on teasing them plants kerr mate! we'll be drinking them in a couple of weeks time whilst looking forward to the next batch!

got the cloth came today ready now for the bottling Tuesday or Wednesday.do i mix it all up on the 7th day or do i on the 8th day the day after the last feed.
IMGP2038.JPGIMGP2040.JPGIMGP2041.JPG

The blog says to feed for seven days then bottle. I will give mine its last feed on Sunday morning and bottle on Sunday night.

Plants are looking good, give them another 3 days feeding mate and boil that piece of muslin that you laid out on the tiles and everything thing should be good also instead of having those chucks clothes folded up like that over your jars unfold them so it's only a single layer covering the opening of the jars.

If you started feeding on Tuesday then day 7 should be Monday:

Tuesday Day 1
Wednesday Day 2
Thursday Day 3
Friday Day 4
Saturday Day 5
Sunday Day 6
Monday Day 7

As Cheers! just said you will need to sterilise that piece of muslin that you had laid on the floor. Put it in a pot of boiling to get any nasties out of it.

just washed the cloth in laundry liquid should i boil it still as well.Monday feed in the morning the bottle at night or arvo. just after to be the same time as each other.

Yeah still boil the cloth buddy there is no such thing as being too careful about sanitation! I don't know what time Lagerfrenzy is gonna bottle he's so you will have to wait for him to reply to let you know.

kerrplease said:
Hey kerr. I ran off seven litres of water into a stockpot (28 cups worth) today so that much of the chlorine will be gone tomorrow. I cleaned 14 bottles that just need one final sanitise tomorrow and i will dunk my muslin into a pot of boiling water tomorrow afternoon just prior to being ready to bottle to get it sterile. The bottles will get a sanitise and be hung upside down closer to the time I will give the plant its last feed in the morning and it should be ready to mix up later in the evening. Hope that you are looking forward to your bottling day the day after.

i boiled the cloth and washed bottles, sterilized them sterilized the fermenter if i add the water to the stock pot now i can not mix the sugar until dissolved i want to mix it all on the bench then tip it all in the fermenter then bottle. the strainer fits the stock pot i can sit the plant draining through the cloth for 15 mins then try to squeezing the rest though by twisting the cloth.maybe i fill the fermenter with 7 lt of water with the lid off and tip that into the stock pot.or all 14 lt then tip half a time into the stock pot to de chlorine it.the stock pot just seems to be better than mixing it all in the fermenter.i might do it your way fill the stock pot up with the 14 lt then tip that into the fermenter with the plant stain on top of the fermenter instead then bottle .56 cups water and dissolve the sugar first in the fermenter then add the water and plant.maybe wanted to use the stock pot because i bought it for beer but it does not matter then so much.
IMGP2045.JPGIMGP2046.JPGIMGP2047.JPGIMGP2048.JPGIMGP2050.JPG

Hey kerr just finished mine. I kept the cold water in th fermenting vessel and mixed and dissolved the sugar in boiling water in a saucepan and then added everything to the fermenter vessel and mixed - went pretty smoothly.

This thread warms the cockles. Not only entertaining but inspiring to witness how AHB brewers have shepherded Kerr through his transformation from budding beer brewer to ginger plant maestro!

It has the added side benefit of making a delicious smelling ginger beer and if it tastes as nice as it smells then I will be bumping production to make a batch size that is perfect to fill a cornie keg for the summer afternoons when I can't get smashed on the hard stuff.

Latest posts

Back