kerr non alcoholic thread.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
perfect ginger beer the days i spent still until tomorrow then.the bottling!

and then the kerrfect thing mate is that just after bottling you scrape some of the gunk left behind into a sanitised jar with two cups of water, feed it 2 tsp Ginger and 4 tsp of raw sugar and a couple of hours it is fermenting again and ready to be bottled the next week. I could have split it into two jars but I did not see the need to be that greedy!

ginga2.jpg

chucked mine in the bin 21 bottles is enough for me i would say about a month on 21 would do. i will just start again with the recipe i wrote down. i could of froze it but it probably be off by then anyway.sort of had doubts about how the bubbles form with no carbon drops but i will have to wait and see if they harden up in a week.i might buy drinks for the next month after that like cola again but it would be in about 2 months then(1 month ginger beer 1 month cola)so i do not get sick of it to well.i say in 1 month and half i start again.i buy some times ice breakers to so it might be long time not shore could be the best drink out and all i want is it.

IMGP2051.JPGIMGP2052.JPGIMGP2054.JPGIMGP2056.JPGIMGP2055.JPG

You need to get them out of the fridge or they will never carbonate mate. They need to sit at room temp for seven to ten days (until they feel firm to squeeze before they have to go in the fridge.

The four cups of sugar that went into the boiling water does the same job as carbonation drops which are basically fancy sugar cubes.

crew the caps on tightly and store for 7-10 days in a cool, dark place. When the bottles are resistant to a squeeze, they are ready to be consumed. Store in the fridge. Keeping the Ginger Beer in the fridge slows the fermentation process right down, keeping the brew non-alcoholic. their in the cupboard now until hard to squeeze.

41.44 ginger beers 375 ml = 10.34 4 packs of ginger beer costing 55.836 dollars.

sorry I failed zero to infinity maths so I'm not quite with you on this one buddy.

remember that you are dealing with a kerraft brewer here mate so tack on a fair whack for an artisan's time

looking good mate - they should start getting firmer to squeeze every day - that is the sugar that we put in the brew fermenting which causes carbonation. At day 7 I am going to put one in the fridge (standing up so that the yeast stays on the bottom) and give it a taste a few hours later to see if the rest of them need to go in the fridge.

Latest posts

Back