kerr non alcoholic thread.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ginger beer only for me mate. I bet it's going to look as good as Lagerfrenzy's.

Are you just about ready to open one up and have a try?

Sunday morning put one in and see if bubbly enough.do you have a address to send to.the post office is 100 m away from where i live i can just walk down and ask.

Considering the pressure that these will continue to build and the fact that fermentation in the bottle is ongoing until refrigerated i am wondering at the safety of having bottles of this in the postal system in warm temps. Maybe just me but I would not want to be responsible for seeing some poor Postie being blown off his Honda via a Bottlebomb up his clacker...

fine i was going to ask anyway for my self if i can not drink them maybe they know of some way i can send them to family or cousins.or i will just get them to drop in and pick them up them self's they normally around on birthday anyway.

PET bottle should travel fine for the day or so in transit. As long as the bottle isn't as hard as Chinese algebra we should be fine.

I miss RW.

kerrplease said:
i'am still on for another go with the ginger beer plant i might find i drink them quicker than i thought i will only do the one plant so i would be ready with the empty bottles again sooner than i thought.
Yeh I am starting to think that I will freeze half of each plant and then start it off once a fortnight because I don't think that it would be healthy to drink more than a bottle a day. Freeze and just thaw and brew the next day when you need another batch the next week. I will probably get one batch ahead coming up to Christmas for visitors.

I may have to give this ginger beer a go myself.
Looks great.
And top job all including kerr!

Yep that's the recipe and fresh ginger goes fine with it - I did a bit of both with my one.

sweeps ginger beer comes close to the ginger beer. epervecent bubbles that seem to be exsploding out of the glass

Good to hear mate as I was really pleased with mine as well. It won't get alcoholic if you chill the bottles in about three or four days. Glad that we brewed a winner first time - not many brewers can say that!

7th day tomorrow! i still might put them in on the 7th day. one was very bubble on the 5th day. i'am not waiting for ten day then.

Latest posts

Back