kerr non alcoholic thread.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1476514433.823716.jpg

I'm a Kerrliever!

This thread has been so great to follow. Kerr please has come such a long way and the help from everyone on here is brilliant.

But to actually follow up and brew with him at the same time lager frenzy is just the best!

Good on everyone I'm enjoying the journey.

Skulled a bottle of KGB (kerr ginga beer) this arvo after a day of labour in the hot sun and it was just the tits! Thank you for coming mr kerr - this is going to be a life saving beverage this summer.

Well done mate! looks like a tasty drop, definitely think I'll have to have a go at this with the warm weather coming

Kerr sent me a few of his ginger beers. Wouldn't take any postage coin.

Tonight my son was avoiding doing his assignment. Draw a few pictures to tell the story of a book he likes.

Refused, hid away, wanted to play first, sooked to mum. I was happy to help him if he wanted to do it but I wasn't going to if he didn't. The consequence was that he would get bad marks, that the teacher would wonder why it was not done. This compounded his upset.

Then I twigged and asked him if he thought he was bad at drawing... and he did.

I told him about this cool bloke called Kerr, and that Kerr had not brewed ginger beer before, but had a go.

I explained to my boy that because Kerr wanted to have a go, he planned it, made it, and that here was a bottle of Kerr's first ginger beer.

My son held the bottle, felt happier and we talked about just having a go and getting better.

To kick off his assignment campaign I shared a cap full of Kerr's ginger beer. And it was bloody delicious mate.

Thank you heaps for sending me a couple of your finest. It is many times better than the ones I've ever made or bought.

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1476699721.099105.jpg

Time for me to brew one now!

you can do it! anything you put your mind to.because we all started the same anyway with just drawing as well.

hey kerr I bottled my second batch up on the weekend but this time I kept most of the plant and froze it in a sandwich bag. When I am about eight days away from needing more I will thaw in 2 cups of water and feed it and be at day 1 again.

image.jpeg

zorsoc_cosdog said:
Kerr sent me a few of his ginger beers. Wouldn't take any postage coin.
Tonight my son was avoiding doing his assignment. Draw a few pictures to tell the story of a book he likes.
Refused, hid away, wanted to play first, sooked to mum. I was happy to help him if he wanted to do it but I wasn't going to if he didn't. The consequence was that he would get bad marks, that the teacher would wonder why it was not done. This compounded his upset.
Then I twigged and asked him if he thought he was bad at drawing... and he did.
I told him about this cool bloke called Kerr, and that Kerr had not brewed ginger beer before, but had a go.
I explained to my boy that because Kerr wanted to have a go, he planned it, made it, and that here was a bottle of Kerr's first ginger beer.
My son held the bottle, felt happier and we talked about just having a go and getting better.
To kick off his assignment campaign I shared a cap full of Kerr's ginger beer. And it was bloody delicious mate.
Thank you heaps for sending me a couple of your finest. It is many times better than the ones I've ever made or bought.
attachicon.gif
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1476699721.099105.jpg
Time for me to brew one now!
That's excellent.

From top to bottom.

16 bottles still .normally i have a drink with dinner e.g. ginger beer . the bottles i bottled with are two drinks in one bottle. i found that i drunk the other one the next day. so i have so many of them i might give some to mum. she is all ways around on birthday. she does not dink alcohol to i think it's the tablet as well.but i really wanted to find some thing that i could do some time's that is ginger beer plant from now on.beer was not so good but i might find after giving some away that their is a lot that drink ginger beer i could find my self making lot's for people i do not even know. just have to clean everything the muslin cloth help's because it's brand new and boiled to clean it. ginger beer under .5% has a lot to do with older people not just younger ones e.g. soft drink.i will not feel like i just gave them some thing harmful if they were on tablet or not on tablet's i could be free from any wrong doing anyway on Christmas if people were to drunk to drive maybe i could still be in the clear with under .5% alcohol ginger beer.

Hey kerr - good idea about having some on for Christmas mate - people could drink as much as they like and still be fine to drive. I like the idea of giving a bottle away to friends and neighbours for Christmas - nothing better than something you have made yourself. When other people taste how nice the ginger beer is I am sure that you will get requests for more.

Hey Cosdog - have you started up your ginger plant yet and if so we need a report.

LAGERFRENZY said:
Hey Cosdog - have you started up your ginger plant yet and if so we need a report.
Not yet guys, but certainly will be doing it with the kids. I read through the recipe, the yeast come from the sultana skins right?

Latest posts

Back