kerr non alcoholic thread.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 45423

Reaction score
I found out that alcohol was not for me i have made 80 bottles of lager stout Mexican corona just to find out that in fact i was not to drink alcohol at all with my meds.i was only going on what the tablet instructions said was "these tablets may cores drowsiness and increase the effects of alcohol if effected do not drive vehicles or machinery". that was easy enough just watch how much i drink a day like only one or two should be still alright and just do not drive if i felt the alcohol was to much at that subaltern time.

so i have to try some thing else like non alcohol drinks .

View attachment 90989
View attachment 90990

first time again for non alcohol drinks and i hope it's not my last time for that to this time.

• Original Gravity0 (calc)
  • Final Gravity0 (calc)
  • Bitterness0 IBU
  • Efficiency75%
  • Alcohol0%
  • Colour0 EBC

i'am now a non alcoholic drinker i hope that the apple cider is 0 % with the yeast still. i to would like to find more recipes on 0% alcohol ones the ginger beer is 2.2% alcohol see right side recipe sizes.

if its the recipe you posted above then its more than likely they never added the figures.
and looking at the fermentables its more than likely around the 5% mark.

Pretty much anything made with a sugar source will produce alcohol if it is deliberately or accidentally inoculated with yeast; it's just what they do.

If you want non-alcoholic, but still want to be involved in developing decent drinks, I can recommend getting a sodastream and experimenting with making your own syrups to add to the carbonated water. there are plenty of ideas around on the interweb.

I'd try the ginger beer idea above. I think If you brewed a very low alcohol beer of less than 1-2% you might be ok maybe. It's still beer after all and you can get the enjoyment of brewing it without the undesirable effects of a full strength beer. There are some low alc recipes around. But of course check with the Doc first. All the best, hope you find something you can brew :)

brewers choice does the best non alcoholic ginger beer, and I am not just saying that because I work there. (ps full disclosure I work at brewers choice four hours a fortnight)
It is the tits.
You should go to the Wacol store and talk to Keelan about it.

If you have a keg/gas setup then I've made some decent softdrinks by just putting cordial into a Cornelius Keg, adding water, and force carbonating...

Ones that work really well are:

* Bickford's Peach Tea Cordial (That one looks like beer, even pours a head like beer) - also a great keg sweetener for cider too...
* Bottle Green's Elderflower Cordial
* Buderim's Ginger Crusher
* Bickford's Sarsparilla Cordial (with a bottle of this added - http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=2899) is the schizz as well...
* Or just add some Potassium Carbonate and make your own Soda Water...

I've made a few 'ghetto champagnes' by filling a keg with desk cask goon and carbonating it. I haven't tried it with non-alcoholic wine but it might be worth a go as well...

You could try boiling off the alcohol from finished beer. Kills any hop profile within ten minutes unless you have access to a vacuum chamber to lower the boiling point, but if your fond of Corona that wont be an issue anyway.

jones-soda-2011-holiday-pack-xl.jpg

Sent Today, 11:24 AM

AHCPCM202A
Collect, prepare and preserve plant
specimens
AHCPCM201A
Recognise plants
AHCOHS201A
Participate in OHS processes
AHCWRK205A
Participate in workplace communications
AHCSOL201A
Determine basic properties of soil and/or
growing media
AHCPGD201A
Plant trees and shrubs
AHCPGD202A
Prepare and maintain plant displays
AHCPMG201A
Treat weeds
AHCPMG202A
Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
AHCWRK204A
Work effectively in the industry
AHCWRK209A
Participate in environmentally sustainable
work practices
Choose 4 elective units from the following:
AHCNSY203A
Undertake propagation activities
AHCNSY201A
Pot up plants
AHCNSY202A
Tend nursery plants
AHCPGD203A
Prune shrubs and small trees
AHCNSY204A
Maintain indoor plants
AHCWRK208A
Provide information on products and
services
AHC20410
Certificate II in Horticulture
Courses

my course i sat. passed motor manics j
two stroke and four stroke mower's which i had to empty the catch of lawn clippings (grass e.g. weeds, grains ,for all grain beer) all the same thing etc............
since i did not pass all the modules i was looking something like a full time lawn mower that was working with grasses that i am allergic to.
another full time work might be in a shop with the part completed reference for motor manics would of been home brew shop with the grain nollage i had been studying for the past 18 months see above.compeltion of 4 modules is a pass for buer of statistic not just four modules it meant so much more than what the four modules had to offer i was looking at some sort of golf course at a resort near where i lived at the time.
with the limited passes was a waiter for tables etc which i did not enjoy as i did the horticulture.
i could just learn how to make beer in the mean time then write up a resume after all and see how i went at applying for a job as a full time home brew shop assistance.
i might have second thoughts as to how i was going to do this with the allergic reaction to beer but it was not going to stop me trying to learn a bit about it still.

IMGP1973.JPGIMGP1974.JPGIMGP1975.JPGIMGP1976.JPGIMGP1977.JPGIMGP1979.JPGIMGP1979.JPGIMGP1980.JPGIMGP1981.JPGIMGP1983.JPGIMGP1983.JPGIMGP1985.JPGIMGP1986.JPGIMGP1987.JPG

Attachments

• IMGP1978.JPG
    IMGP1978.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 78
  • IMGP1982.JPG
    IMGP1982.JPG
    136.3 KB · Views: 75
  • IMGP1984.JPG
    IMGP1984.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 77

Latest posts

Back