kerr non alcoholic thread.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It starts carbonating itself naturally after bottling. That's why you need to refrigerate it all after 7 days in the bottle to stop the fermentation/carbonation process.

that's pretty amazing how something as small as the plant can do all the 12 bottles or so. if it was cordial it just would not be enough it would be to week to drink.

day 4 the left one cleared from tea spooning.the ginger on the bottom lifted up maybe some bubbles in it but no ware else.no froth.
IMGP2024.JPG maybe start feeding Thursday i think it to slow https://youtu.be/XefkEP6xTV0

Getting some more small surface bubbles at the top of mine today which I have taken to be the start of fermentation. So just gave it its first feed (2 teaspoons ginger and four teaspoons of raw sugar). Seemed to fizz just a little when I put the sugar in. I think I will feed itmevery day from now on because I don't want it to die.

mate i started brewing the same morning as you did. the only difference is that I fed my one this afternoon and it is starting to fizzy tonight. if you feed yours tonight then we should be back in synch tomorrow. all they need is a feed. ferment is also probably slow for both of us as the weather is still cool - they like to be at or around 25 degrees to take off properly.

Definitely a thin layer of krausen (or is that kraisen) on the top this morning. Kerr you need to feed your plants man.

Definitely a thin layer of krausen (or is that kraisen) on the top this morning. Kerr you need to feed your plants man.

image.jpeg

it said i can up to a week so i might Thursday because when i get payed is Friday in a week the shopping comes then.with the lemons and sugar.
day 4 https://youtu.be/TPN2Xcw9niE froth has formed on top today one or two bubbles.i think it's fine still just today the froth formed.i need the bubbles

got the lemons for next week put them in the fridge hope they do not go off before then.or i would of had to wait for pay day next week.so i can start feeding it at any time still before then maybe tomorrow or some time.
IMGP2029.JPG i might feed it tonight then like you said.

Latest posts

Back