kerr non alcoholic thread.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
think i put to much pulp in one that was why the bigger one happened.should i scoop some out or just leave it. IMGP2013.JPG 9:47 am the juice was pitty much the same because the first lemon of the big lemon i did not get much from it and the big lemon i did the same to compensate the size different but the pulp was out by one or third teaspoons or three extra bits. that sucks when that happened.can not fix it or i am forced to do it all again.

Really depends on what frequency your strings are vibrating at and whether you're using larger or smaller infinities. If I were you, I'd just transfer a bit out of one jar into the other to even them up if it's worrying you.

Edit- And ffs make sure you don't allow any extra dimensions to unfold or were all fucked.

yar because the fuller ones probable the one with lemon.thanks i thought i could top the fuller one up so its not so lemony but then the smaller one is still with out lemon but it would of been really different then but the fuller one i would be able to see when the fermentation occurs to the other one with none at all if so.your way fixes everything.i looked from the top and their is hardly much pulp and the differents of the two to get even was only 10 teaspoons anyway one lemon or the half of the larger on more.hardly enough for 4 lemons juice different though.the one on the left disturbed still from the tea spooning out to the other one. half bubbles around the out side.smelt like ginger beer to me though.i could hardly tilt the jay incase it recked the bottom so the teaspoons were half size for most.pretty much perfect now ! just have to see if it ferments properly.
IMGP2015.JPGIMGP2016.JPGIMGP2017.JPGIMGP2018.JPGGinger-Beer-Plant_AFOYH_010815-1024x1024 (640x640).jpg

Day 2 and no signs of a fermentation (or is that a kerrmentation) in my ginga yet. Blurb did say three to seven days for it to start.

image.jpeg

mine green your's golden.my right ones clear from tea spooning the other one is milky but it's still milky 7:30 pm from 9:47 am might not be so bad still.but the pictures the same in others both milky.
IMGP2020.JPG

A little photographic trick on my part buddy - I put it in a spot that had the sun behind it to enhance the colour for the pic. Its really a lot paler than that in the kitchen cupboard.

i think once i drink them i will be doing it again i wrote down the recipe for next time if i gets delete or edited
IMGP2001.JPG

I suspect that they might be part of the wild yeast component that starts the fermentation?

I had a fleeting sense that you might wing it a little with this brew Herr Kerr:)

day 2 night what's the qualifications for a brewer's shop anyway like bar course or something.ones clear still with no bubbles the other is milky from the transition to the other one to get level.or is it day three at night.
IMGP2021.JPG no froth or bubbles could be a long week.

Are your lids on tight? They need to be loose to let a little bit of oxygen in. Counterintuitive to normal brewing I know but in this instance we are wanting wild yeasts to enter the plant to start fermentation. I replaced my screw-on lid with a bit of old tea towel and secured it with a rubber band. Getting a small line of bubbles on the surface.

image.jpeg

is the muslin cloth for that or is it for straining the content's of the jar in to the Ferment er.my muslin cloth taking 7 days to arrive still i did buy it just has not arrived yet. i have some elastic bands and a tea towel i might try with.same here i think then.IMGP2022.JPG

Yeh muslin or cheesecloth for straining. Old tea towel for lid. Seems to be working.

i do not know exactly how because it's my first time but my one seems to be clearer than your's but i don't know how to do it any different from what the blog said pretty much did i all perfect still i will just have to wait and see.man if it work's but it will be great !

Patience is a virtue mate. The main thing is that it doesn't look bad or smell bad either.

does the bottles need carbon again or it just form bubbles by it's self

Back