Kerbside Collection / Council Pickup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

argon

firmitas, utilitas, venustas
Reaction score
Kerbside collection is happening this weekend round my neck of the woods this weekend. So thought i'd start a thread to let everyone know to keep an eye out in these areas for some free gear.

Also would be good to use this thread to add your local dates/areas and finds.

My keg fridge is a kerbsider and I've got a lookout for a barfridge for lagering and yeast storage.

Here are the links to the areas and dates in Brisbane;

Southside kerbside general waste collection

Northside kerbside general waste collection

that's a top idea Argon!

would love to see what people come up with.

These days wankers go around cutting the power cords off everything left out, working or not, for the copper wire.

These days wankers go around cutting the power cords off everything left out, working or not, for the copper wire.

Seriously? How much is 20m of copper wire (in 2m lengths) worth?

OT: Reminds me of the
"I have a large quantity of string which I inherited - 122,000 miles to be exact. Due to bad planning the string is in 3 inch lengths..."

Last edited by a moderator:
It's about $4 a kilo IIRC. For stripped clean copper.

Easily enough rectified. My problem's gonna be sneaking a 3rd old fridge into the house, if I'm lucky.

My problem's gonna be sneaking a 3rd old fridge into the house, if I'm lucky.

You sir, are a legend. My missus has been asking about that for months, and my new house will be ready about two weeks after that, with luck. All new furniture and that.

Argon, if you need an hand sneaking electrical goods into your house, I still have my fat ninja outfit... :ph34r:

Ok, not so much a ninja...

Ipswich hasn't had a hard rubbish collection in over 2 years.... not including that big one a few weeks ago... but that was a little different.

Went for a small drive last night. 3 fridges in front of one blokes home with the door removed. Too much of a PITA for me. Still keeping my eye out for a bar fridge though.

OT: Reminds me of the
"I have a large quantity of string which I inherited - 122,000 miles to be exact. Due to bad planning the string is in 3 inch lengths..."

Just what Ipswich needed recently, 122,000 miles of "super absorbent string"... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up this tonight.

IMG_0569.JPG

all in 1 freezer... sweet. Neighour across the road wheeled it out late this arvo. Just strolled across the road with a trolley and took it home, too easy

I've already promised it to a mate for his fermenting fridge. Kinda regret it now... looks better than both my fridges.

I've seen about 6 fridges so far in the neighourhood. If i had the capacity to pick them up, i'd be offering them for free pickup.

Have a look around Mt Gravatt and Broadwater Rd if anyone's after a free fridge. For eg; there's one about 3 doors up from the intersection of Logan and Broadwater.

Nice one Argon!

Here in the regional center that is Mt Gambier, we rarely have hard rubbish collection days. Such a shame.

Originally from the southern suburbs of Adelaide, but moved here in 2003. Everytime i get back to the big smoke, it seems like people are throwing stuff out...One of the things i miss about it actually.

Top find mate.

Nath

mate came round yesterday for a look at the freezer... doesn't want it for a few months (selling their house and buying a bigger place) so will be at my place for a while setup as a lagering fridge probably.

Did a bit of a cleanup too and now the production line looks a little neater. I think 2 fridges and 3 freezers may be a bit of overkill for a family of 3 :D

IMG_0570.JPG

Couldn't have happened at a better time, Thursday my wife says we need a new pressure washer, Friday driving home spot a pressure washer at side of road not rubbish collection so good chance it may be OK picked it up it is a Alto Active, made in Denmark, plugged it in pump is working checked it out, one washer on water inlet is missing, made a rubber washer smeared Vaseline on 'O' rings and other washers works like a dream. Over the moon.

Latest posts

Back