Cheap Hops Full Details

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone else interstage receive theirs? Or are we the only ones?

No worries TDA - I'll take a snap of it tonight. Any particular poses? Next to a stubbie/longneck etc etc or on the weighing scales? That reminds me MHD I weighed it last night and its actually 1.21kgs! Bargain!
Cheers
Steve

No sign in WA yet...
My 2kg's of Cluster are going to be potpourri for the new brewery for the next couple of years as they age for my lambics....

Asher for now

As promised, one lump of nugget hop flowers:

:lol: :lol:

That's o'l lotta hops and one hell of an IPA :lol: :blink:

Tiz a big lump!
Im glad im going halvies with MHD.....id end up farting hops! :lol:
Cheers
Steve

Steve said:
[post="125997"][/post]​

Now you know how I feel - My hop flowers arrive in a 5kg brick, I have to break them up into 90gm packs, it's a nightmare... They look like they're sealed with Glad wrap - make sure you get something properly airtight, or in no time, your purchases will be only fit for stuffing pillows B)

QLD guys, you are welcome to come round & vacuum seal your hops in oxygen barrier foils...

cheers Ross

5kg Brick Jeezus! How long does it take to split 5 kgs into 90gms packs? Cheers Ross - we're splitting it very soon, then its going into zip lock baggies and tupperware (one more thing i'll have to steal from 'er in doors)
Cheers
Steve

Some of the hops have arrived in WA, but apparantly not exactly what we all ordered so it may be a lucky dip when the big one lands.

Steve said:

My turn:

hops.JPG

1kg each of Cluster, POR and Nugget.

Time to experiment! :D

PZ.

I have mine as well..lot of hops!

I bought 1kg of POR and Cluster to do a 'couple' of Aussie ales. For $18 I went for the 1kg but I'll never use it all in time.Anyone want 500gm of either?

Batz

Why not, I'll have half!

500g of each Batz please, PM me if still available.

I missed out on the buy by a few hours, I'd be keen to purchase anything anyone doesn't want, except POR.

The hops will be packaged & made available to everyone through the CraftBrewer site.

Cheers Ross

Got my stash yesterday, thanks Michael! Put on a batch using the Tettnang last night, one thing though, what's this year's AA %'s or should we just use last years?

DJR said:
Got my stash yesterday, thanks Michael! Put on a batch using the Tettnang last night, one thing though, what's this year's AA %'s or should we just use last years?
[post="127543"][/post]​

I thought the Tettnang were not included anymore in the buy.
Just the POR and Cluster.

How did you sneak those in DJR?

cheers
johnno

Yeah Johnno, that's what I thought. In fact, I decided not to go in the bulk buy because of the fact hallertau and tettnang were withdrawn. Bugger!

T.D. said:
Yeah Johnno, that's what I thought. In fact, I decided not to go in the bulk buy because of the fact hallertau and tettnang were withdrawn. Bugger!
[post="127559"][/post]​

Ditto. What's the story here? Were they part of the bulk buy after all? :angry:

No they weren't part of the bulk buy, but they were short some of the cluster and nugget so slipped in a few kilos of tettnang to make up the difference. Only a few lucky brewers were able to benefit.

Cheers
Andrew

Back