Cheap Hops Full Details

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren said:
Doc,
Just curious if you edited the post because the poster posted it without permission from the author (I don't think so because I recall it said pass it on) or you were contacted about the content of the email by possibly a disgruntled homebrew shop owner or simply because you felt it was your god given right to remove stuff willy nilly?

cheers
Darren
[post="112975"][/post]​

G'day Darren, i posted an email that i recieved from my hop station, i didnt have permission to post his email and on second thoughts i decided to remove it.
Its as simple as that, theres no X file here... If anyone wants to know what i posted they can contact their local hop station :)

Cheers,
Hopsta

and to add a bit more darren no post is removed without a fair bit of thought.ive argued the point and have learnt from it.

cheers
big d

Received an email from my hop collection point in Canberra.

The deal is still on, though the price per kilo has risen from $13 to$18....and the sad news is there is no hallertau or tettnang. Get in touch with your collection points.
Cheers
Steve

Steve said:

The deal is still on, though the price per kilo has risen from $13 to$18....and the sad news is there is no hallertau or tettnang. Get in touch with your collection points.
Cheers
Steve
[post="116104"][/post]​

I don't think I ordered either of those, so that's good-ish <_<

Anyone know when they'll be sent now? Everthing else has changed, so no doubt the dates have too :ph34r:

PZ.

Fingerlickin_B said:
Steve said:

Cheers
Steve
[post="116104"][/post]​

Anyone know when they'll be sent now? Everthing else has changed, so no doubt the dates have too :ph34r:

PZ.
[post="122510"][/post]​

That post you quoted is a month old. Have you placed your new order and paid already?

PostModern said:
Fingerlickin_B said:
Steve said:

Cheers
Steve
[post="116104"][/post]​

PZ.
[post="122510"][/post]​

That post you quoted is a month old. Have you placed your new order and paid already?
[post="122518"][/post]​

I placed my order on the very first day (or close to it) that the local station started accepting orders and paid up within the first week.

He has recently told me to expect to pay a few more $ per kilo more, so I expect that means my order still stands :blink:

PZ.

As long as you're in contact. The Wollongong guy basically required all orders to be placed anew when the varieties and prices changed and for the full payment to be in about 2 weeks ago. So long as you and your local station are in sync.

Graham posted a note on OCB last week saying all was good for 1/5 or so delivery.

Now I'm freaked out!

Will call him tomorrow to confirm.

I've been putting off buying hops for ages due to this :lol: :ph34r: :unsure: :rolleyes:

PZ.

Well i now have a big christmas pudding shaped 1kg lump of nugget flowers sitting in my freezer! Thanks to Col from BYOAH in Canberra for being the canberra collection point and organiser. Onya Col!
Cheers
Steve

Hope you've got some decent freezer space PZ...The kilo of Tett took up much of what's left in my hop freezer!!

TL

Just have to throw away all the frozen food then.

I can live with that :lol:

PZ.

Yep...we all have our priorities! :p

Mine is 23L of German Ale in the fermenter before Sunday! B)

So what are some good uses for Nugget then? (given I have 1/2 a kilo of it!)

I dunno MHD - I was going to ask you :lol:

MHD said:
So what are some good uses for Nugget then? (given I have 1/2 a kilo of it!)
[post="125895"][/post]​

Stoutbillys.com has some APA, Lager and Stout recipes using Nugget hops.
Some brewers regularly switch Chinook for Nugget hops (presumably for bittering).
Gambrinus' Mug website has an extract Sierra Nevada Pale Ale recipe, adapted to use Nugget hops: Here's the recipe...
Here's a basic barleywine recipe that uses Nugget and Cluster hops: Click here...
If you want a reasonable clone of the Sierra Nevada Bigfoot Barleywine that uses Nugget, Cascade and Centennial hops: click here..
And here's the BYO recipe for Troeg's Hopback Amber Ale that uses Nugget hops: click here...

That should be enough to keep you busy over the weekend! :D
Cheers,
TL

Addendum:
I've been thinking about an IPA with Nugget - yeah, throw the style book out the window at this moment!!

TL's IPA (son of my original Pith Helmet IPA!)
90% Pale Malt (extract or grain)
5% Light, not pale, Crystal
5% Munich
1 tspn Gypsum in the mash
Nugget for bittering (40 to 60 IBU's)
Goldings for flavour
Goldings for aroma (don't skimp on aroma!)
Irish Moss (optional)
1028 London Ale yeast
(Grain bill should achieve SG of 1.060 or better - FG around 1.012)

I've done this recipe with Northern Brewer in lieu of Nugget and it worked nicely - might be worth a thrash with Nugget?

Cheers,
TL

Edit: sp.

Just picked mine up.

LOTS of hops :super:

Yep, I will have to clean out some food from the freezer now...for real! :blink:

PZ.

Latest posts

Back