Cheap Hops Full Details

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
warrenlw63 said:
You're a sick man Johnno. :lol:

Warren -
[post="109275"][/post]​

Warren,
I have no homebrew due to back problems.

Over 300 bottles to fill.

I AM sick. :lol:

johnno

mycle said:
AndrewQLD said:
Mycle, you won't get 3 kilo of these hops in a bag, the Plugs are quite large.

Cheers
Andrew
[post="109225"][/post]​

Bugger. Can you get 2 in? What are the dimensions of these things anyway?

thanks
mycle.
[post="109240"][/post]​

Im happy to deliver most of the Syd hops. if any further up the coast can organise a pick up or del point on the Nth shore of Syd I can get them there...

Is this bulk buy still on, or has it died like the others ?

I'm interested in this buy as well, only after
1x pride plus
1x Hallertau

Email sent to Graham

This will be my first bulk buy.

Just wondering what is the best way of handleing and storing the plugs over the coming 12 months. :huh:

Cheers

Hupnupnee

Hi hupnupnee,
I will just be storing mine in the freezer in palstic bags.

Thats good enough for me.

johnno

als_world said:
Is this bulk buy still on, or has it died like the others ?
[post="109457"][/post]​
not dead at all, from what im hearing its well over 200kg already

Wollongong guy told me he had 60 kilos, then I added an order for 9.5kg more!

I wonder if the wholesalers will get pissed off that the farms are cutting them out of the supply chain?

PostModern said:
Wollongong guy told me he had 60 kilos, then I added an order for 9.5kg more!

I wonder if the wholesalers will get pissed off that the farms are cutting them out of the supply chain?
[post="109492"][/post]​

Wait till the HBS owners get a hold of them !!

Linz said:
Im happy to deliver most of the Syd hops. if any further up the coast can organise a pick up or del point on the Nth shore of Syd I can get them there...
[post="109328"][/post]​

Linz,

I might take you up on that for those out your way. I've checked on the Aust Post site and I think I can still post the orders for the price I mentioned - postpack + postage for 3 kg would be around $8-9 depending on how well I can stuff them into a box (half plugs might fit better).

Thanks,
Mycle.

Linz and Mcycle,

This arrangement sounds great to me. I am in Manly - where would your North Shore pickup point be Linz?

not too sure yet....no one has stuck their hand up yet as a P/U point.

Might have to double it up with the Xmas case ??

I ordered 12kg.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are some HBS orders in on this as well!

On Grahams lastest radio show he mentions shops getting in on this,he talks about one that is going to give it away free in 13g bags to k&k brews to get them to play around and try some hops hoping to get more hook and get them coming back to BUY more.
That is just awesome and is such a positive approch compared to the stop the ******* and make them buy our garbage attatude from these others .Have a listen to his show he makes some great points

sintax69 said:
On Grahams lastest radio show he mentions shops getting in on this,he talks about one that is going to give it away free in 13g bags to k&k brews to get them to play around and try some hops hoping to get more hook and get them coming back to BUY more.
That is just awesome and is such a positive approch compared to the stop the ******* and make them buy our garbage attatude from these others .Have a listen to his show he makes some great points
[post="109506"][/post]​

This is a perfect opportunity for HBS's to do things like that. I thought it'd be a good time for them to stock up in POR, too.

I sent the following order to [email protected] and [email protected] both adresses came back undeliverable.

Hallertau x 1kg
Tettnang x 1kg
Nugget x 1kg
Pride plus x 1kg

Can i order from here?

Cheers

Richard

Newbie order, never bought more than teabags before now but affordable enough to experiment and learn with.

Hope i can get some

I sent a personal email to the Sydney/Wollongong chap trying to order a kilo each of the Hallertau and Tettnang and have not received a reply.
Can anyone else here help me????

sintax69 said:
[post="109506"][/post]​

These hops are available to any homebrew store at virtually the same price as this bulk buy, equally fresh, from the same farm, all year round, through the wholesalers. So even though this is great to see it's hardly anything to do with the bulk buy.

I'm amazed this bulk buy has generated so much interest, as no-one has actually posted, despite the question being asked, on how good these european style hops on offer actually are? The wholesaler's inform me that the interest from brewery's & hbs has been less than enthusiastic, preferring to pay the premium for European origin - I'm guessing there's good reason?

Anyway, fingers crossed they are good, because I've ordered some :)

cheers Ross...

Back