Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes that is exactly what I was going to say. As we have the new profiles it's really easy just to make a delayed start profile which will be the same as the delayed start.

For instance:
STEP 1 - 0C for 8 hrs
STEP 2 - 75C

If you like we can save this as a global profile that you can just download to the device and this will save you doing it yourself. Do you think that would be useful? how many hours delay would you like?

I should also say you can make STEP 1 even longer such as 20hrs. Then you can fast forward in this profile to the number of hours and therefore do not need to go to the portal. Are you aware that there is a fast forward feature in the profile control on the BrewZilla?
Yes that is exactly what I was going to say. As we have the new profiles it's really easy just to make a delayed start profile which will be the same as the delayed start.

For instance:
STEP 1 - 0C for 8 hrs
STEP 2 - 75C

If you like we can save this as a global profile that you can just download to the device and this will save you doing it yourself. Do you think that would be useful? how many hours delay would you like?

I should also say you can make STEP 1 even longer such as 20hrs. Then you can fast forward in this profile to the number of hours and therefore do not need to go to the portal. Are you aware that there is a fast forward feature in the profile control on the BrewZilla?
It would be easier just to have start profile now, or start profile in x hours, and not have to edit any profiles

I'd suggest a separate setting for a delayed start. Option to select it (or not) for any profile.

Not a question, but happy to see my old gauge fits my new regulator. Just enough space between it and the gas tap.

Attachments

• old-gauge-new-regulator.jpg
    old-gauge-new-regulator.jpg
    411.1 KB · Views: 0
@KegLand-com-au is there a reason the inline regs are shipped with a 0-60psi gauge by default? I would think most are using them to set different pressures for different beer styles, with the possibility of keeping one line (presumably the first from the cylinder) for soda water or burst carbonation. It seems 0-30 would be the most versatile to suit both options, or a 0-15 if not burst carbonating.

It's a bit frustrating to have to either try and get accuracy with such a large range, or have to buy another dial (particularly if you want one reg per tap and have many taps) which can add up ($) if purchasing multiples.

Would love to see an option to select the gauge when purchasing, or for them to ship with a 0-15 or 0-30 gauge instead.

I would fully support the option of having the inline regs shipped with a choice of gauge. It sounds like I used them in the same way in that I have a 4 x way manifold set up within my kegerator and never need to go above 15 PSI.

Would love to see an option to select the gauge when purchasing, or for them to ship with a 0-15 or 0-30 gauge instead.
Or be able to order without a gauge at all, then order the desired gauge as a different SKU. It means having to assemble the reg and gauge, but that is less work than replacing the gauge anyway.

Or be able to order without a gauge at all, then order the desired gauge as a different SKU. It means having to assemble the reg and gauge, but that is less work than replacing the gauge anyway.

Let me talk to the others and see what we can do about this. This is probably the best option.

I'd suggest a separate setting for a delayed start. Option to select it (or not) for any profile.

Ok this is something that we will consider. We are just about to do a big update with the whole profile management as we have several new BLE devices that are going to provide extra data streams so we need the profiles to take this into account. Please expect some changes to proviles on the app.rapt.io patforms soon.

Not a question, but happy to see my old gauge fits my new regulator. Just enough space between it and the gas tap.

That looks great. I do like those liquid filled gauges. Luckily most regulator manufacturers use 1/4 thread in the body. I think it's just micromatic that annoyingly use a left hand thread but most others are compatible.

@KegLand-com-au is there a reason the inline regs are shipped with a 0-60psi gauge by default? I would think most are using them to set different pressures for different beer styles, with the possibility of keeping one line (presumably the first from the cylinder) for soda water or burst carbonation. It seems 0-30 would be the most versatile to suit both options, or a 0-15 if not burst carbonating.

It's a bit frustrating to have to either try and get accuracy with such a large range, or have to buy another dial (particularly if you want one reg per tap and have many taps) which can add up ($) if purchasing multiples.

We do get quite a few customers that use the inline regulator to reduce water pressure for the various carbonation devices. They get used for reducing mains water pressure quite frequently. Carbonated water really requires the 0-60psi at least.

We are considering a few different options as we can appreciate that swapping the gauges over is a bit annoying.

In the near future we will be doing one last upgrade to the Tri-Conical and we will also have the collection container attach to the butterfly valve directly with tri-clover fitting too. Once this is available we will put together an upgrade bundle. The tooling is just getting finished now so I think we should be able to release this by the end of the year. So if you can wait just a bit longer I think this will be the best upgrade.
@KegLand-com-au - This sounds like an interesting change... Does that mean just a re-design of the collection container, so that it's no longer threaded at the top? Will it likely mean that there will be a full 3" going into the collection container, rather than the 2" step-down that occurs with the current adapter?

Kegland. Is there any plan to upgrade the G20 Glycol chiller to interface with the RAPT platform? The RAPT chamber is far far too large for me to be able to justify / fit anywhere and I belive there is a hole in the market for a good value and well sized smart glycol system for all those connicals that are just too large to fit in smaller bar fridges.

The corny keg bladders are working 95% of the time but we are changing some of the design of the lid and bladder which has delayed the process. We have noticed that if customers use too much pressure to fill (more than 25psi) it can rupture the bladder. So we felt that this was not a very robust process. I think we will have this resolved with these next round of changes.
Any more news on these Bladders?

@KegLand-com-au - This sounds like an interesting change... Does that mean just a re-design of the collection container, so that it's no longer threaded at the top? Will it likely mean that there will be a full 3" going into the collection container, rather than the 2" step-down that occurs with the current adapter?

Yes that is correct. At the moment we are using a 3" to 2" butterfly valve. In the future we will use the 3" to 3" butterfly valve so it's a full 3" opening all the way into the collection container. From out testing this seems to work really well.

We still believe the thread at the top is the best solution so we are keeping the threaded lid.

Kegland. Is there any plan to upgrade the G20 Glycol chiller to interface with the RAPT platform? The RAPT chamber is far far too large for me to be able to justify / fit anywhere and I belive there is a hole in the market for a good value and well sized smart glycol system for all those connicals that are just too large to fit in smaller bar fridges.
Hi BAA,

You could always bypass the STC 1000 on the back of the G20 with a stand alone RAPT Controller - would be pretty easy to do if you are handy with electrical work - I know it's not an unbox and plug in and away to go solution.

I have a RAPT controller sitting on mine ATM just monitoring the temperature of the Glycol Chiller - I am using it as a HUD and have the two pills connected either side by Bluetooth and using the RAPT controller to send the telemetry.

I drilled a hole into the side of the G20 below the lid and used an airlock grommet to run the temp probe lead through and installed a 1/2" thermowell into the glycol tank - I know the probes on the RAPT controller are waterproof - I'm just not taking any chances - I have killed probes in the past.

I was originally going to mount it in place of the STC but then it occurred to me you wouldn't be able to see the temperature unless you spun the whole thing around - and there's nowhere really convenient to mount it to the front. As far as the glycol goes it's not like I need to adjust the temperature of it - I just run it at -4 and the two other controllers on the front control the temperatures of the fermenters. I can see the temps of the beers using the pills, so I guess the only thing I can’t do is adjust the temperatures remotely with the way it is at the moment.

Attachments

• IMG-1783.jpg
    IMG-1783.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG-1786.jpg
    IMG-1786.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Its an interesting problem, I'm about to order the F150 unitank, the heating is sorted and I need to get the G20 to connect to the Brewtools heating element.
At this point I am hoping to use the G20's bypass circuit which is suppose to be for this purpose. A good bloke at Kegland pointed me to the instructions.

Getting the telemetry to the Rapt Cloud interface would be nice, or even better having the Rapt controller connecting/managing the heating and cooling options for the fermenter would be great.

Down the track I will probably add a thermowell into the unitank and use the Rapt controller temp probe as pure telemetry.

For now though I'm happy for them to continue work on the Rapt interface.

Back