Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's really annoying. We actually have stome stock in Australia now but we are going on holiday now and do not want customers to purchase this new unit and then be unsupported. We also have a new firmware release that will be finished mid Jan so we are considering wating for this firmware and then releasing the product after this firmware is uploaded.
When will we be able to find out more about the gen 4? It would be great to see it listed online prior to sale.

Thanks Doug67 & Bourkie. Kegland - is there enough headspace in the X series kegerator for a hopbong to be usable on top of the smaller sized kegmenter? (I use an X series as a fermentation chamber).

It's really annoying. We actually have stome stock in Australia now but we are going on holiday now and do not want customers to purchase this new unit and then be unsupported. We also have a new firmware release that will be finished mid Jan so we are considering wating for this firmware and then releasing the product after this firmware is uploaded.
I would highly recommend waiting.

The David Heath video mentions a stainless version of the Fermzilla. Exciting stuff. Can you tell us anything about this yet? I assume it will be built around an existing keg size rather than mimicking the shape of the PET version?

That's like saying, it ain't beer if you put wheat in it.
except it's not
Almost no other available sugars contain the right compounds to get the correct maillard reaction happening at the right time to give the proper flavour profile
I've even tried with freshly squeezed cane juice and while it was pretty decent, it's no where near being the same thing

except it's not
Almost no other available sugars contain the right compounds to get the correct maillard reaction happening at the right time to give the proper flavour profile
I've even tried with freshly squeezed cane juice and while it was pretty decent, it's no where near being the same thing
How many times have you made it?
More to the point, how have you temp controlled it?
I was astounded at how quickly the maillard reactions took place when the lye water was added.

The David Heath video mentions a stainless version of the Fermzilla. Exciting stuff. Can you tell us anything about this yet? I assume it will be built around an existing keg size rather than mimicking the shape of the PET version?
Would that be the existing kegmenter?
or the BrewBuilt unitank I guess.

How many times have you made it?
More to the point, how have you temp controlled it?
I was astounded at how quickly the maillard reactions took place when the lye water was added.
I tried a range of recipes using refined sugar about half a dozen times, twice with cane juice
I used a temp controlled lab hot plate to heat

What is the minimum inlet pressure the Fill-O-Meter will operate properly?
I'm thinking of gravity feed from 50L vessel just above meter

Sorry it's taken some time to get back to you on this one. We had to do more testing on the Fill-O-Meter and we had to do long term testing so we could qualify this product can handle hotter temperatures which has taken some time.

We have revised our advice on this procuct and we can say the Fill-O-Meter can handle up to 80C (at 60psi). It's possible that it might be handle 100C but we have not concluded this testing yet.

It might also be worth noting that if you live local to us we now also offer free RO Water that is already heated as well. So you can get free cold RO water or alternatively use the free HOT RO water tap located at our public brewing area at 410 Princes Hwy, Noble Park North.

KegLand Free RO Hot Water

KegLand Free Public Brewing Area

We have done this so you can mash in instantly with this hot water that is dispenced at 75C. We have only had a small handfull of customers take advantage of this service so far but we really would like more of you guys to take advantage of this area.

We have done this so you can mash in instantly with this hot water that is dispenced at 75C. We have only had a small handfull of customers take advantage of this service so far but we really would like more of you guys to take advantage of this area.

To be fair, there is a little pandemic that might be getting in the way!

Sorry it's taken some time to get back to you on this one. We had to do more testing on the Fill-O-Meter and we had to do long term testing so we could qualify this product can handle hotter temperatures which has taken some time.

We have revised our advice on this procuct and we can say the Fill-O-Meter can handle up to 80C (at 60psi). It's possible that it might be handle 100C but we have not concluded this testing yet.

It might also be worth noting that if you live local to us we now also offer free RO Water that is already heated as well. So you can get free cold RO water or alternatively use the free HOT RO water tap located at our public brewing area at 410 Princes Hwy, Noble Park North.

KegLand Free RO Hot Water

KegLand Free Public Brewing Area

But you didn't address the question...

When can we expect the Hopbong to be available for the Kegmenter?

This is being injection moulded now. We are making the 1.5inch and the 2inch TC hop bong. At the same time we are also making new lids for the FermZilla with a 2"TC opening so these can easily be attached to the FermZilla lids.

I think these should be in stock in about 6 weeks. The New FermZilla lids are still a little further away.

@KegLand-com-au - Happy New Year! I know you guys are no doubt under the pump, but any chance we can get an update on the BrewZilla v4?

The BrewZilla Gen 4 physical unit is finished. We are just doing some further software updates on the device itself to make it easier to use. We also have a new CIP kit for this brewery which is also almost finished and we were wondering if we should now wait for this to release both at the same time as the CIP kit is also almost finished too.

The BrewZilla Gen 4 physical unit is finished. We are just doing some further software updates on the device itself to make it easier to use. We also have a new CIP kit for this brewery which is also almost finished and we were wondering if we should now wait for this to release both at the same time as the CIP kit is also almost finished too.
I vote for it to be released ASAP

Thanks Doug67 & Bourkie. Kegland - is there enough headspace in the X series kegerator for a hopbong to be usable on top of the smaller sized kegmenter? (I use an X series as a fermentation chamber).

In the Series X Kegerator fridges these are designed so they can be used as underbench kegerators. As a result we have designed all of these with 710mm clearance inside the fridge. With this tight clerance specification it's going to be difficult to use the hop bong as the butterfly valve and hop bong simly add too much height.

The whole hop bong assembly is about 300-400mm high (including butterfly valve and PRV purge valve). So technically if you had a fermenter that was 300-400mm high it would be possible but this is a very short fermenter. If you really want a fermentation chamber that can do this I would recommend you go with the RAPT fermentation chamber.

I know a lot of customers are using the Series X Kegerator as a fermentation chamber. This is a lower cost fridge to manufacture than the RAPT chamber. Would any of you guys like us to make a Series X Model with heating and cooling and also connect to Wifi? This would basically add about $70 to the cost of the Series X Kegerator.

Back