Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On your 4L mini keg page you say "Add on 115mm in length if using a tapping head with a black liquid disconnect with a Duotight or 140mm if using a flow control disconnect. ".

Any chance you could confirm the height addition in using one your your duotight right-angle disconnects?

We have changed the design of all the new Core 360 units so you do not chop up that o-ring in the new designed units. With that said on the older units this can be avoilded by just not unscrewing the thumb screw out too far. You only really need to unscrew the thumb screw to the point where the pin on the gas cylinder is no longer getting depressed.
Sorry I didn't explain to well I was talking about the SS refill adapter milling cutting the O-ring and threads a bit sloppy too.
https://www.kegland.com.au/sodastream-cylinder-filling-adapter-filling-station-with-bleed-valve.html.
I've got the mini reg and love it wish I did SS bottle in the fridge years ago.. A plastic drop in holster with double sided tape would be an ideal complement for these bottles.

On your 4L mini keg page you say "Add on 115mm in length if using a tapping head with a black liquid disconnect with a Duotight or 140mm if using a flow control disconnect. ".

Any chance you could confirm the height addition in using one your your duotight right-angle disconnects?
I've got 83mm on my calipers
https://ibb.co/Nrv0GrM

Not sure how much of a market there is for it but have you guys considered selling Candi Syrup?

Any brewer wanting to brew one of the stronger Belgian styles would be in the market. I'd also hazard a guess that at least a quarter or even a third of home brewers would be willing to give it a go if it was easy enough to get all the ingredients from one place. Or in other words, in my opinion there should be enough of a market to make it worthwhile. 😉

With all due respect to KL and realising this is their thread, it might be a good opportunity to give your local brew shop a go for candi syrup? The 2 main Sydney ones I shop at appear to have it in stock. This stuff would travel well so wouldn't really matter where it comes from.

What are "the 2 main Sydney ones"? None near me have it. My local stocks KL stuff, so if KL started selling it he might stock it too.

Yes these are already on the water so this arrival date for the duotight ball lock disconnects should be pretty reliable. We are also going to release a 1/4 push in type and also have a 1/4 OD (6.35mm) x 3mm ID Evabarrier Beer Line too. Previously we did not make Evabarrier under 4mm ID but this new 3mm ID type gives really high flow resistance so if you want really neat and short beer lines it's a good option. The duotight 1/4 push in disconnects should be available in about December. We will also get the 3/8" (9.5mm) duotight ball lock disconnects too and these are a really good option for longer draw systems or when you want to make transfer lines to transfer from fermenter to keg. The extra large diameter makes the flow rate much higher.

With the price breaks we do already have a x6 price break on the duotight ball lock disconnects so if you get the x10 the x6 price break will automatically be applied.

Errrm... I've just seen mention of duotight flow-control disconnects. Any idea when?

Oh and take my money!
1639736284126.png

Hey @KegLand-com-au I bought the digital pressure gauge for the inline regulator and it looks like a nice unit, however how am I meant to install it? It comes with bolts that have a nut on them holding the unit together. Am I meant to take the nuts off and thread the bolts into the regulator body? Or remove the bolts and use the screws from the old analog gauge? Surely it doesn’t just push in as the pressure in the line would push it out

Hey @KegLand-com-au I bought the digital pressure gauge for the inline regulator and it looks like a nice unit, however how am I meant to install it? It comes with bolts that have a nut on them holding the unit together. Am I meant to take the nuts off and thread the bolts into the regulator body? Or remove the bolts and use the screws from the old analog gauge? Surely it doesn’t just push in as the pressure in the line would push it out
They're meant for the tee piece not the inline regulator. They're to replace the standard pressure gauge used in the spunding valve set up.20211220_113707.jpg

A small summary of the newest items on the home page is good, but can you please have a separate page(s) that lists everything from newest to oldest..

It can be a pain in the proverbial if I don't check the website for a week or two, and you guys release a batch of slightly different new products. All the different kegerator variants for example.

This has now been updated and you can see "Latest Product" on the home page now.

And another email saying it's back in stock.

Page says available from 16 December, like it did yesterday.

One of the issues we seem to have is that our mail server does not immedicately sent our emails. It sends the emails in batches and due to the large number of people that are sometimes waiting to get notified it can take several hours to get all the emails sent out to customers. As a result it's possible that by the time all the emails are sent the product has sold out of stock. We are noticing containers of Series X kegerators selling out in 1-2hrs at the moment.

If you can wait a bit we will do a video on this one now and upload. This will make it a lot easier once you see the video.

What's with the tap brushes being lucky dip? I get that the body of the add says it is, but the title does not and for a basic product like that I order it from the search pages where there is no indication I am going to get a cheap red plastic colour when I have a full black font system. I figured having a brush might be a good redundancy for taps that get less use, should not have wasted my money. They look cheap and nasty when you keggerator is in a living area.

That is a fair point. I will bring this up with management and see if we can just get all black tap brushes in future.

Yes if you use the new duotight right angle ball lock disconnects these are quite compact and looks like Brisie has just answered this one for me. Yes they are 83mm tall.

I should also say that if you are looking for a compact little tap we also have the bronco taps with this 1/4 duotight barb so you can connect directly to this 1/4 duotight ball lock disconnect.

Errrm... I've just seen mention of d
Errrm... I've just seen mention of duotight flow-control disconnects. Any idea when?

Oh and take my money! View attachment 121611

l disconnects. Any idea when?

Oh and take my money! View attachment 121611

How did you hear about this one. I was not aware that was public on the website yet? Yes the duotight ball lock disconnects with flow control are awesome. they make it very easy to balance your beer lines. They will be available approximately 30th Jan. They are easy to take apart and clean, they give you very good flow control without causing turbulence and foaming.

The new flow control device in this unit also reduces flow speed not just by passing the flow through a small gap but also by using the velocity of the liquid to slow itself down. So the faster the liquid is moving the more it absorbs pressure too. I know our older stainless steel design was very popular but this plastic design works better and the internal parts really would not have been possible to make from stainless steel easily. This will be a really exciting product release when it comes available soon.

With all due respect to KL and realising this is their thread, it might be a good opportunity to give your local brew shop a go for candi syrup? The 2 main Sydney ones I shop at appear to have it in stock. This stuff would travel well so wouldn't really matter where it comes from.

It's something that we have not stocked in the past as it's quite easy to make. With that said we have a few Belgian beer recipes that we would like to offer on our website and it's pretty annoying to get the recipe kit from us and only have half the parts for the recipe. Let me talk to the other guys in procurement and see what we can do about this.

Hop & Grain is a great store so I would also have no hesitation recommending these guys as they give good service and do a great job.

Back