Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use Techni ice eskies as a mash tun since the GFC 2008 and just got bigger eskys and bigger pots over time. A mesh screen you could cut out yourself to suit the mash tun that slips into a protective silicone tube would be the way to go.
Just bought a 600x800 hop sock agian and throw that over my bazookas for next time.

Sodastream refill adapter dulux version is a bit ruff on the milling O-ring lasted about 2 seconds of first use torn apart. Milling is so sharp it tares the O-ring apart.
Adding new O-rings finally got it down pat using the real makoy SS bottle>>>>> Kicker just put some multi stand wire with a tail of about 20mm of insulation to feed to the centre of filler. Turn the 6KG bottle upside down and it's as good at full blast opening as your blocking the force forward valve.

We have changed the design of all the new Core 360 units so you do not chop up that o-ring in the new designed units. With that said on the older units this can be avoilded by just not unscrewing the thumb screw out too far. You only really need to unscrew the thumb screw to the point where the pin on the gas cylinder is no longer getting depressed.

Probably this has been answered already, but it's 299 pages long thread.

I ordered the 30l All rounder Fermzilla. Is it safe to use a 30W heating belt as a heat source? I've seen in the instructions that it is recommended, but I think the heating belt can get above 50c at the point of contact...

Yeah this thread might be getting to some kind of record now.

When the heating belt is put around the fermenter where the liquid is it's doesnt seem to be a problem. This is because the liquid in the fermenter absorbs and diffuses the heat at a fast enough rate for it not to be an issue. With that said if the heat belt is above the liquid line this can be a problem as the heat has nowhere to go but into the plastic wall and it cannot diffuse as fast into the air. As a result I prefer to just hang the belt up inside my fermentation area and this just heats the air inside the fermentation chamber quite evenly and avoids this issue. Obviously the best option is just to get a RAPT fermentation chamber but I realise these are not in everybodies budget.

Are there any plans to have the Rapt Pill be able to register and log into brewing software in the future.

Yes absolutely. We have not published the API yet but when we do we will start working with other developers so the data can get fed directly into Brewfather for instance. What brewing software do you use?

I see the website has had a bit of a tweak, but I would love for the new items tab to come back. Without that tab I don't even know what I need to buy!

If you wrap it around an empty PET vessel you will melt it, but as long as there is plenty of liquid in it you'll be fine, how you hold it in place on a sphere might be interesting. Just Gumtree a fridge and inkbird it, lot less hassle.
fwiw KL seems to be steering people away from the forum and onto their fb page.
Good thinking not only the Facebook, but still steering people over to Brew Father, as opposed to Brewers Friend who is a sponsor and belongs to the owner of AHB!
Then again they will get a cut off those who sign up to Brew Father with the pill, so can't deny them making some money. That is what life is all about.

I love a good troll like the next person, but can someone ban this dick from this thread!

I don't think he/she has uttered one worthwhile thing.

I love a good troll like the next person, but can someone ban this dick from this thread!

I don't think he/she has uttered one worthwhile thing.
Yes absolutely. We have not published the API yet but when we do we will start working with other developers so the data can get fed directly into Brewfather for instance. What brewing software do you use?
Not troll, true. They have been pushing Brewfather for a while now.

Yes the vinyl tube is ok but just remember all flexible vinyl tube contains plasticisers which is why we have removed vinyl tubing from pretty much all our products. So I would avoid having your product sit in vinyl tubing for extended period of time. If you are just transferring from one container to another the contact time is low and probably not a big issue. For almost all our products now we use EVABarrier, Silicone or PE.

The way i am envisioning it is that very little (if any) liquids will touch the vinyl tubing, it'll go straight from the 10mm barb on the sucker straight to the reducer i'm waiting on a couple of those stainless 8-6mm reducers to get delivered so i can try it out.

It would be good to go straight from the barb to a length of EVAbarrier but you don't stock tubing with such a large ID and probably not worth manufacturing in the long run given there isn't much use for line that big.

@KegLand-com-au A couple of questions are you clearing your backlog? it still says 6 days even though the last update was the 23rd.

Also what happens when if your order is caught up in the backlog and some of the items sell out before fulfilment?

Every man and their brewing dog likes to sing the praises of Brewfather.

Its widely known as "the" brewing software that seems to connect to just about everything.
So as a moderator, or ex moderator, it is alright to promote a brewing software sight other than a sight which contributes and is a part of AHB? That is as long as one is a sponsor?

So as a moderator, or ex moderator, it is alright to promote a brewing software sight other than a sight which contributes and is a part of AHB? That is as long as one is a sponsor?

Oh FFS mate let it go.

Are you going to jump up and down everytime someone mentions buying something at Coles or Woolworths? After all they aren't sponsors.

We've even got a whole thread dedicated to that evil non sponsor Aldi.

You come across as a zealot that just wants to attack every post from KL

As an ex moderator i no longer have to show the same discretion and tact as i did. You sometimes make a good point... but more often you just come across as a dick with an axe to grind.

Alright, alright, let's just all settle down and discuss KL and their products.

If you wish to start a war, do it on facelessbook or start a separate off topic thread.

As the only moderator left on here, I will delete any further off topic c r a p. And I have a thick skin and broad shoulders, so any personal comments about me or my moderating will fall on deaf ears (mixed metaphors inserted on purpose).

Hi Kee I have just taken delivery of a series X 4 font kegerator in the UK should there be a rubber gasket between the tower and the fridge please

@KegLand-com-au is there a need to protect the inline regulators with check valves (when used to feed CO2 to kegs)? The site says they are suitable for liquids, so I'm wondering if they could handle a splash of beer, unlike a primary gas regulator.

Latest posts

Back