Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surely you are not serious. Are you suggesting I people just log onto the Kegland website every day just in case they happen to be in stock?
They announced the day before on the Facebook page that the pill was coming out, and again the next morning they gave the time. If you missed those notifications, then unlucky to you.

Seems like people here have never experienced things selling out really quick. I tried to get some Foo Fighters tickets a few years back and they sold out before me getting on the website Within 10 minutes of the release time. And when the travel vouchers were released in Tasmania the first time, the website broke down due to the load and many people missed out, but I got lucky. Sometimes shit happens, but bitching and moaning won't help you.

They announced the day before on the Facebook page that the pill was coming out, and again the next morning they gave the time. If you missed those notifications, then unlucky to you.

Seems like people here have never experienced things selling out really quick. I tried to get some Foo Fighters tickets a few years back and they sold out before me getting on the website Within 10 minutes of the release time. And when the travel vouchers were released in Tasmania the first time, the website broke down due to the load and many people missed out, but I got lucky. Sometimes shit happens, but bitching and moaning won't help you.

There’s a big difference.

KL is a company wholly kept afloat by the home brew community. Not everyone uses Facebook nor has the time to constantly check it for updates. They have the option to enter your email address to be notified when it is available, however many people never got an email about it. Looking after your customers is the best way to thrive in business, and there should be a facility for these loyal customers to pre- order an item that is out of stock. At the very least put a realistic availability date. The expected availability date was still at 25th December and then changed to unavailable.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a couple of keg land products, and I was wondering is there instruction on how to rotate the gauge on inline co2 regulator? Maybe a dumb question, but when I removed the cover, the gauge seemed fragile?

It is the usual MO for KL going back to the FermZilla in then out a few seconds later. Has anyone got one and does it work? Remember they said they were having some issues getting it to work, and if it does work how about a video.

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a couple of keg land products, and I was wondering is there instruction on how to rotate the gauge on inline co2 regulator? Maybe a dumb question, but when I removed the cover, the gauge seemed fragile?

Don't worry they aren't that fragile, just life the face up, its being held in by an O-ring so there is some resistance but they will come out pretty easily.

There’s a big difference.

KL is a company wholly kept afloat by the home brew community. Not everyone uses Facebook nor has the time to constantly check it for updates. They have the option to enter your email address to be notified when it is available, however many people never got an email about it. Looking after your customers is the best way to thrive in business, and there should be a facility for these loyal customers to pre- order an item that is out of stock. At the very least put a realistic availability date. The expected availability date was still at 25th December and then changed to unavailable.
You’re still bitching mate, they’d love to have more to sell to you(and shut you up) but manufacturing and shipping is shit at the moment, deal with it. It’s not life or death mate.

Chinese factories have been restricted to only two days power so possibly affecting KL products

@KegLand-com-au are you guys going to be restocking your disposable O2 bottles at all, or is it essentially a discontinued product?
I'm wanting to do an order this week and if you're never getting them again, I'll just grab your normal O2 reg and get a big bottle

Some went on sale today. I lost all my existing shopping cart when I added the pill, then added what was missing went to pay and it's out of stock :'(

View attachment 121546

Yes sorry about that. The Pill Hydrometer has sold out really fast. The shipment of these sold out in minutes. We are manufacturing these in the thousands at a time but they are seeing high demand not only in Australia but many other countries too.

There needs to be a wait list or some other solution, I am am getting pretty fed up with waiting and then missing out. Can’t expect people to charcoal their website daily?

These new products are often in short supply in the beginning but we are agressively scaling up the manufacturing of the Pill Hydrometer. We will still be short of stock for the next couple shipments but by end of Jan we will should be ontop of things. Sorry you missed out this time.

Also concerning that the price on their website has just increase to $69.95! They better hold the price for a s who have been waiting

Yes if you managed to get stock on Friday you would have purchased at the previous price. Due to increases in raw materials and the cost of the semiconductors we have had to put the price up a bit.

That sucks but i fully understand shipping being all kinds of shit at the moment, plus the timing of me running out doesn't help.

Also, is there a instruction manual for the super sucker pump?

The sucker pump doesn't have an insutrction sheet at the moment but if you need some assistance just contact us and we can help you out.

It a relatively simple device so we have not written an instruction manual yet for this one.

The sucker pump doesn't have an insutrction sheet at the moment but if you need some assistance just contact us and we can help you out.

It a relatively simple device so we have not written an instruction manual yet for this one.
Just a suggestion for this guys, I've been looking at using a similar pump for dispensing still water from a keg during summer.
the only issue is 10mm to 6mm barbed adaptors (to step down to beer line) are all but non existent
This might be a good product to have on hand if others are wanting to do the same thing as me

Yes if you managed to get stock on Friday you would have purchased at the previous price. Due to increases in raw materials and the cost of the semiconductors we have had to put the price up a bit.

If you guys had a pre-order/waitlist facility on your website, which people have been crying our for for ages, you would have known exactly what the demand was and you would have then had enough stock to fill everyones needs.

Creating a buzz with your customers about an impending new product at a certain price point,, and then supplying only a small qty, with later qtys only available at a jacked up price, is generally considered poor business practice, especially in industries which are primarily supported by the end consumer.

I only keep reading of those who missed out. Not one post of anyone who got one. Even David Heath says he is disappointed in not getting one. So how about putting up a video of it in action?

Did you get an email saying they were in stock and checked the website and it said no? i put the pill on my email list about an hour ago and got an email from them saying it was back in stock.

At the moment the RAPT Pill and RAPT Chamber can certainly both be used at the same time but they currently do not interact with each other. With that said the next firmware release for the RAPT Chamber will allow for greater functionality between the two of them. We are in heated debate in the office at the moment about how this should work. It would be good to get your input on this topic in particular guys.

For instance we can have a fermentation profile for a particular brew in the RAPT fermentation chamber that uses hydrometer readings to determine what the set temperature in the chamber should be. For instance once a specific gravity is reached, the fermentation chamber will move the temp up to the diacetal rest. Or for instance if the gravity change per day gets to a specific slow rate it then automatically starts to crash chill. Are you guys interested in these types of features and if so please let us know now so we can take them into consideration.

Back