Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au any updates on the 8L PET kegs/bottles and the bags in keg?

The bag in Kegs should be available in about 3-4 weeks. These have been relatively easy to produce.

The 8L kegs are still causing some issues so we need to iron out a few issues with the manufacturing of these. I am hoping we can have the 8L kegs finished in the next few months so hopefully available about March next year.

Do I just get one for free seeing that it was my idea in the first place??

We certainly should recognise the person who had the idea first. Do you remember what date the post was? We will work out some type of special reward for you but we need to go back to the first post to make sure we are crediting the correct person then make sure someone else did not mention it in a previous post or different thread. We have so many posts now it's hard to keep track of them but if you could assist in this way we will certainly give credit to whoever had the original idea.

We certainly should recognise the person who had the idea first. Do you remember what date the post was? We will work out some type of special reward for you but we need to go back to the first post to make sure we are crediting the correct person then make sure someone else did not mention it in a previous post or different thread. We have so many posts now it's hard to keep track of them but if you could assist in this way we will certainly give credit to whoever had the original idea.

Huez started the conversation about it here:
https://aussiehomebrewer.com/threads/kegland-questions-and-answers.98306/post-1550651

We only have very limited stock arriving in this next shipment that will arrive in about 1 week. (the date on the website is going to be updated soon).

There has been some discussion about not selling the Series X Plus until we have the second shipment arrive in Jan. At the moment we have so many people on the automatic email notification the vast majority of customers waiting will get an email notification that they are available and our guess is that very shortly after they will be sold out. So we are wondering if we should just wait until the second container arrives then put both containers of stock online at once. As they are bulky we do not fit that many in the shipping containers.

Alternatively what we could do is a competition and give some away as prizes first.
The competition sounds like a great idea and will satisfy a few of us diehards

Great. Thanks for finding that one. You are correct. It seems that Huez is the first person to make mention of what has now become the Series X Plus Kegerator Model. On 7th April Huez said " are there any plans to make a 6 keg kegerator or similar? ".

This comment then instigated a discussion on the topic. Huez what we are going to do is give you a $200 gift voucher. Can you please PM us your details (email, phone number, address) and we will sort this out for you. Thanks for your contribution to the forum.

The competition sounds like a great idea and will satisfy a few of us diehards

Ok I think we will run a competition and give one of these away. Skillz did mention that paying customers should come first which in most instances I would agree with. Our only issue is that we have many more people on the waiting list to get notified about the product than we have stock arriving so even if we put the stock out to the public we will still end up with a lot of disappointed paying customers. At least a competition gives everyone an equal chance.

Amazing! Looks like @Nullnvoid has done the hard work for me! Can't say for sure if it was ever mentioned before me but pretty sure I was the originator!

Great. Thanks for finding that one. You are correct. It seems that Huez is the first person to make mention of what has now become the Series X Plus Kegerator Model. On 7th April Huez said " are there any plans to make a 6 keg kegerator or similar? ".

This comment then instigated a discussion on the topic. Huez what we are going to do is give you a $200 gift voucher. Can you please PM us your details (email, phone number, address) and we will sort this out for you. Thanks for your contribution to the forum.

Amazing! Thanks heaps guys, much appreciated! I'll pm you now.

I reckon with the amount you will be making on these Series x plus you should give him one ;)
200 bucks is a pretty good deal for asking a quick question! But hey I'm still open to a feebie!

Cheers for the help before!

The other thing is that the Lallemand range of yeast continues to get larger, the microbial count is very low and as it's so stable in the pack you know exactly what you are pitching. As a result I sometimes wonder if liquid yeast even has a purpose in the future. If the variety of dry yeasts continues to improve I honestly would just save your money and get dry yeast. Lallemand are putting extensive resources into R&D and it seems to be paying off. Lallemand have an awesome Kveik strain which gives clean results at even very high temperatures. If you have at least some temp control I would highly recommend Diamond for Lagers.
there's so much they don't do though...

the imperial barbarian/dry hop/citrus/joystick are so damn good, they just shit all over the lalle ale yeasts

there's so much they don't do though...

the imperial barbarian/dry hop/citrus/joystick are so damn good, they just shit all over the lalle ale yeasts

Ok that is a fair point. I have just had a look at the website and they certainly have more varieties available now than what they used to. I will get some samples to try out so I can better compare.

Ok that is a fair point. I have just had a look at the website and they certainly have more varieties available now than what they used to. I will get some samples to try out so I can better compare.
Another vote for Imperial - L17 Harvest is a cracking lager yeast but hard to get.

I live in the bush, distance from suppliers and high temperatures don't allow for me to even think about liquid yeasts. Lallemand yeasts work well for me. I had some success with mangrove Jack too. I am looking forward to more choice with dry yeasts.

When using the Flow Control Ball Lock Disconnect what size tubing (4mm or 5mm) and length is optimal?

Does CO2 come out of the beer in the lines when sitting for a while, because of low pressure?
Then when you go to pour, this separation causes spurting and foaming at the tap?
If this is the case, then shorter smaller (4mm) lines would be best?

When using the Flow Control Ball Lock Disconnect what size tubing (4mm or 5mm) and length is optimal?

Does CO2 come out of the beer in the lines when sitting for a while, because of low pressure?
Then when you go to pour, this separation causes spurting and foaming at the tap?
If this is the case, then shorter smaller (4mm) lines would be best?
There isn’t really an optimal size/length as the resistance can be set at the disconnect. That being said you can get away with minimal length and have seen taps mounted directly to the disconnect with reasonable pours, although will take some sensitive adjustment on the disconnect dial.
I just run the shortest length from the keg to the tap in my kegerator with 5mm line. Works well.
In terms of de-gassing in the line, this shouldn’t be a problem provided you can keep the line temperature the same or similar to the keg. The pressure in the line is the same as the keg after all.

There isn’t really an optimal size/length as the resistance can be set at the disconnect. That being said you can get away with minimal length and have seen taps mounted directly to the disconnect with reasonable pours, although will take some sensitive adjustment on the disconnect dial.
I do this currently on 9.5L corny's, on account of not having grabbed the font tower yet. They can be pretty leaky when pouring if not paying due care but I've got them pretty well dialled in and good pours pretty well every time. Looking forward to getting the font set up and not requiring a mass of lines in the back of the kegerator.

Back