Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
kl01243_-_stainless_tee_type_counter_pressure_bottle_filler7.png
the gas-in is the same side as the purging valve as shown in the picture

Thanks, in hindsight that makes sense.

I now have some experimenting to do.

connect gas on the purge gas side and liquid on the otherside

1 chill your bottle down
2 open gas line and purge the oxygen out of bottle using the black knob
3 fill the bottle with co2
4 turn the blue tap to the liquid side and fill bottle
5 if liquid slows to halt open the purge valve slowly
6 once the bottle is full cap and ya good to go

Great. Thanks for that Ozdevil. I appreciate your assistance. Please send us your order number by PM next time you make an order and I will make sure to throw in some free merchandise for you.

Great. Thanks for that Ozdevil. I appreciate your assistance. Please send us your order number by PM next time you make an order and I will make sure to throw in some free merchandise for you.

Thanks Kegland, they are a great to use and once used to them its a breeze to bottle

@KegLand-com-au, you should consider getting in some Omega Yeast, specifically the Lutra Kveik. It's becoming a really popular super clean Kveik and reinventing lagers as we know it.

Next gen brewzilla for a bit of bling and another sales point adding a digital refractometer. User can watch conversion taking place if no activity after 5 minutes or whatever it takes they can mash out. This could save 1/2 hour of power costs and time running the unit plus if they want a specific SG then buy the "Pill" for FG would garentee a perfect clone every time.

Next gen brewzilla for a bit of bling and another sales point adding a digital refractometer. User can watch conversion taking place if no activity after 5 minutes or whatever it takes they can mash out. This could save 1/2 hour of power costs and time running the unit plus if they want a specific SG then buy the "Pill" for FG would garentee a perfect clone every time.
A pill won't affect the final gravity though? It just tells you what it is. Its not like you can set your desired FG and the pill will make it happen.

And conversion isn't the end of the story, most modern malts convert in the first 10 minutes or less, but then other factors determine the fermentability of the wort.

I agree though they should do a digital refractometer. Even a stand alone one for sub $100 would be the tits

A pill won't affect the final gravity though? It just tells you what it is. Its not like you can set your desired FG and the pill will make it happen.

Not sure if the RAPT fridge works with a phone app on the network or you could set it work in conjunction when the FG is reached the fridge turns into chill mode so fermentation stops.
A simple alarm and or power set to cut off on BZ for SG

Not sure if the RAPT fridge works with a phone app on the network or you could set it work in conjunction when the FG is reached the fridge turns into chill mode so fermentation stops.
A simple alarm and or power set to cut off on BZ for SG
Fermentation won't stop just because it goes cold, and secondly you need to rest the beer for a fair while after fermentation stops to allow the yeast to clean up afterwards or you will end up with a diacetyl, young under attenuated beer.

Proper brewing technique, yeast selection and brewing software is a much better method followed by letting it ride.

Trying to stop fermentation early is, in my opinion a terrible idea. Thats just me though others may disagree.

Not to mention that you don't taste a number. Having a beer finish with an FG 4 points lower is better than a beer finishing with its FG on target but having weird sweetness it wasn't meant to have.

There's way more to a clone than just the OG/FG.

Getting closer to the 10th ... any gutfeel on the Series X Plus @KegLand-com-au ?

Keen to replace my Keezer with one.

We only have very limited stock arriving in this next shipment that will arrive in about 1 week. (the date on the website is going to be updated soon).

There has been some discussion about not selling the Series X Plus until we have the second shipment arrive in Jan. At the moment we have so many people on the automatic email notification the vast majority of customers waiting will get an email notification that they are available and our guess is that very shortly after they will be sold out. So we are wondering if we should just wait until the second container arrives then put both containers of stock online at once. As they are bulky we do not fit that many in the shipping containers.

Alternatively what we could do is a competition and give some away as prizes first.

@KegLand-com-au, you should consider getting in some Omega Yeast, specifically the Lutra Kveik. It's becoming a really popular super clean Kveik and reinventing lagers as we know it.

The main advantage of the Omega yeast is that it's a large enough population of yeast that you can pitch without doing a starter and also they seem to have very good microbial count (but we have not verified this). With that said any time we import a liquid yeast from overseas we really think it's a good idea to do a yeast starter as we are never 100% sure of how the yeast has been handled in transit. If we were based in America and were only shipping locally I would not be so concerned but it's a long flight from America to Australia and transit times/custom delays are unknown. So if you need to do a starter anyway I am not sure of Omega has any real advantage over White Labs. I am also a big van of the pure pitch packaging which limits the risk of contamination a lot.

The other thing is that the Lallemand range of yeast continues to get larger, the microbial count is very low and as it's so stable in the pack you know exactly what you are pitching. As a result I sometimes wonder if liquid yeast even has a purpose in the future. If the variety of dry yeasts continues to improve I honestly would just save your money and get dry yeast. Lallemand are putting extensive resources into R&D and it seems to be paying off. Lallemand have an awesome Kveik strain which gives clean results at even very high temperatures. If you have at least some temp control I would highly recommend Diamond for Lagers.

We only have very limited stock arriving in this next shipment that will arrive in about 1 week. (the date on the website is going to be updated soon).

There has been some discussion about not selling the Series X Plus until we have the second shipment arrive in Jan. At the moment we have so many people on the automatic email notification the vast majority of customers waiting will get an email notification that they are available and our guess is that very shortly after they will be sold out. So we are wondering if we should just wait until the second container arrives then put both containers of stock online at once. As they are bulky we do not fit that many in the shipping containers.

Alternatively what we could do is a competition and give some away as prizes first.
As much as I would love to win one i think that paying customers should get first go

This is a really interesting idea. It would add a few hundred dollars to the BrewZilla at least but some customers might still appreciate this type of thing. We will do some investigation on the feasibility of this.

Do I just get one for free seeing that it was my idea in the first place??

Do I just get one for free seeing that it was my idea in the first place??
Yes!! I agree, you should. I was reading Kegland's post and then trying to think who first had that idea. I could remember vividly someone suggesting it.

Latest posts

Back