Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can just use the Duotight 'T' connectors inside to split your single line into multiples. This is how they do it on the kegerator kits

Have you done that with 7-8 Tee Pieces? It turns out very long, especially if you want to have an inline reg before it splitting it off to soda water.

What's this fascination with putting carb caps on everything? The only thing they're compatible with is a soft drink thread and a ball lock disconnect, and they're full of fiddly bits that are a pain in the arse to dismantle and clean. At least a standard ball-lock bulkhead can be easily adapted to 5/8", can have various diptube lengths, can be dismantled easily...

What's this fascination with putting carb caps on everything? The only thing they're compatible with is a soft drink thread and a ball lock disconnect, and they're full of fiddly bits that are a pain in the arse to dismantle and clean. At least a standard ball-lock bulkhead can be easily adapted to 5/8", can have various diptube lengths, can be dismantled easily...

For everything gas, I love the convenience of having to be able to quick disconnect if I want to move the kegerator around.

@KegLand-com-au if it's not to late can you please give some consideration to gas line management in your new series x plus. Feeding 8 gas lines into the unit through the back isn't ideal. I like the idea of having a carp cap at the back to one gas line for ease of use, but will need a solution to split that single gas line into 6 - 8 inside the kegerator. A regular manifold might be too bulky??

We have been considering making a spot inside the door or wall to fit one of these gas boards internally in the fridge:
https://www.kegland.com.au/polypropylene-food-grade-plastic-gas-board-for-4-x-inline-regulators.html
The only issue with this is that it signficiantly reduces the keg holding capacity. So you would have to take 2 kegs out of the fridge to fit the gas board in. We felt that this was not a good outcome. We are open to ideas on this one guys. The only other place we can put the gas board where it doesnt reduce the keg capacity is on the roof but then it's hard to see the gauges.

@KegLand-com-au will your punched steel modular fonts be available at the same time as the series x plus? Looking forward to a cheaper 6 tap modular setup! Would be amazing.

For everything gas, I love the convenience of having to be able to quick disconnect if I want to move the kegerator around.
Yeah, I just feel like there's more "standard" and adaptable ways of accessing a ball lock post than carb caps. Comment not aimed directly at you by the way, general observation that a lot of KL stuff (and requests on here and Facebook etc) seems to be getting designed around carb caps rather than more standard components. Highlighted to me since I switched to commercial-type couplings/disconnects, of which there's still no adapter from the carb cap (soft drink bottle) male threads (Fermzilla lid etc.) to 5/8".

We have been considering making a spot inside the door or wall to fit one of these gas boards internally in the fridge:
https://www.kegland.com.au/polypropylene-food-grade-plastic-gas-board-for-4-x-inline-regulators.html
The only issue with this is that it signficiantly reduces the keg holding capacity. So you would have to take 2 kegs out of the fridge to fit the gas board in. We felt that this was not a good outcome. We are open to ideas on this one guys. The only other place we can put the gas board where it doesnt reduce the keg capacity is on the roof but then it's hard to see the gauges.

This is rather an elegant solution, I find.... in the new Series x Plus, one on each side would be tidy.

Attachments

• DSC_1814.JPG
    DSC_1814.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 216
@KegLand-com-au will your punched steel modular fonts be available at the same time as the series x plus? Looking forward to a cheaper 6 tap modular setup! Would be amazing.

There is a good chance that it will be finished at a similar time. It's the first time we have made this style of two stage metal punch so we are not entirely sure how many hurdles we are going to encounter but if everything goes well I think we should have it finished at a similar time.

Yeah, I just feel like there's more "standard" and adaptable ways of accessing a ball lock post than carb caps. Comment not aimed directly at you by the way, general observation that a lot of KL stuff (and requests on here and Facebook etc) seems to be getting designed around carb caps rather than more standard components. Highlighted to me since I switched to commercial-type couplings/disconnects, of which there's still no adapter from the carb cap (soft drink bottle) male threads (Fermzilla lid etc.) to 5/8".

Yes it's fair to say we are continuing to grow our range of tooling based on the carb cap/FermZilla threads. These threads are ISBT(International Society of Beverage Technologists) thread types such as the PCO1881. We will also start to use the PCO38 threads for 3-10L sized plastic kegs soon and have adaptors to go between PCO1881 and PCO38. This is because we have more products that are on the horizon that I think you guys are really going to enjoy. These thread types are well designed and suit the injection moulding process. The ISBT is the dominant thread specification body in the world that many bottle manufacturers use so it is a large "standard" within itself. Even though it's not a standard in the beer industry I think in years to come it will be the case as we see more plastics used in general.

I know historically when looking at all stainless components we use more 5/8" threads on shanks, keg couplers etc and 18/32" for the keg posts but these thread types were never designed to be injection moulded and are not as robust when made from plastic.

As plastics improve and plastic processing machinery improves I think we will continue to see the use of plastics grow within the beer industry.

We could make an adaptor that goes from PCO1881 to 5/8" but it's not something that has been requested much so far. I think once the demand is there we will probably do this at some stage.

Hey guys
If there is no adapter yet for these larger bulbs to connect to the core 360 regulator. What do these threads currently connect to?

Hey guys. The first batch of the Core 360 Regulators have already sold. We did get some customers give us some further advice on these and said they would like a slightly larger thumb adjustment screw to make it more ergonomic to screw the actuator pin up and down. We have also put in bump stops on the actuator pin now so even if you try to over tighten or screw the adjustment knob all the way out then you will not have any issues. So these small updated changes are now in the next ones to arrive.

These are quite simply the best mini regulators I have ever used and could not recommend this product highly enough and it's been a bit time consuming getting this design completed but we are finally there.

As you have noticed these large 74gram disposable bulbs can be purchased here and in order to use these bulbs you will need to purchase the separate adaptor that can be purchased here.

The Core 360 regulator will be back in stock on 27th October. The bulbs are in stock now but as you have pointed out we have no way of using the bulbs without the adaptors so you will have to wait for the adaptors. The adaptors will be available at the same time as the mini regulators on the 27th October.

Latest posts

Back