Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a huge fan of the new website
  1. Search is difficult to use and brings up items that are not relevant
  2. You have the same items across multiple categories
  3. Cart shows as empty until additional item is added
  4. Agree with others comments around challenges of being able to order everything at once rather then having to split it up. Maybe as others have suggested allow out of stock items to be ordered and then have everything ship at once?
  5. Cleaning and packaging list cut off in Microsoft edge (pic attached)
  6. On tablet it takes you directly to the category you select to see the drop down list
  7. Shopping cart won't let you remove items easily when you are on a tablet
  8. Really easy to accidently add items multiple times when using a tablet as the quick view popup covers the add to chart option
I second that, you can actually have the complete line copied from an item like "Stainless Ball Lock Disconnect MFL (Black/Liquid)" in quotes and it will be on page 5, Ive almost forgotten what I was looking for by then, its actually 100% easier to look for items via the google search engine, just put the same line in, dont even need kegland and it sends you direct to the page. I have used that allot in the last week, eventually that stuff will expire in google and another seller will clue onto that and header/front run the items and direct you to there site but worth doing in the mean time.

the new search engine is trash, just use a simple string match ffs

drop-down menus don't fit in the window area

ordering by price doesn't seem to work properly

Hey there KegLand/Community, this may be premature, but I would be really excited to know when we can expect the next generation of Brewzillas (Gen 4) and what people are hoping/expecting to see in the next iteration?

Expecting:
1) Sometime after the RAPT fridge
2) Features similar to the RAPT fridge - wireless connectivity, smarter control.

Hoping:
  • Better pump inlet protection - the false bottom has a pretty loose fit, getting the tolerances on that tightened up would be one approach
  • Proportional power control rather than low/high/off - full-blown phase angle control would be cool but overkill, just doing PWM switching whole AC cycles would be fine
  • Integrated sightglass (or some other solution for liquid level readings more sophisticated than "lift the malt pipe and shine a torch into the kettle")
  • Insulated recirculation plumbing
  • Perhaps some design affordances for system integration with a HLT? Some interesting stuff is possible (underletting, auto-sparging) and I don't expect built-in support for such niche features, but maybe there's scope to add some bulkheads to the basic design for people to play with.

I second that, you can actually have the complete line copied from an item like "Stainless Ball Lock Disconnect MFL (Black/Liquid)" in quotes and it will be on page 5, Ive almost forgotten what I was looking for by then, its actually 100% easier to look for items via the google search engine, just put the same line in, dont even need kegland and it sends you direct to the page. I have used that allot in the last week, eventually that stuff will expire in google and another seller will clue onto that and header/front run the items and direct you to there site but worth doing in the mean time.

Also when looking in the Fermzilla area, it has malt, yeast, recipe packs, fresh work kits etc I would expect when looking in this area to only see fermzilla products/ why bother having an ingrediants area if you also have it in other categories I mean yes people who buy a fermenter probably want that stuff but it just clutters up the pages when finding equipment
Kegland.PNG

is there a way to just leech off google search?

bit annoying to have to go to google and search 'kegland regulator', because a search on kegland for a regulator returns 14 pages of results :(

(14 by the way is a number I pulled out of my ass, expecting it to be way overboard. Turns out there is exactly 14 pages)

Also when looking in the Fermzilla area, it has malt, yeast, recipe packs, fresh work kits etc I would expect when looking in this area to only see fermzilla products/ why bother having an ingrediants area if you also have it in other categories I mean yes people who buy a fermenter probably want that stuff but it just clutters up the pages when finding equipmentView attachment 118184
And in the FermZilla area the 55L and 27L conical are absent. If you SEARCH fermZilla then you find them!!!???

I've said it before and I'll say it again, it's amateur half hour, KL quote: 11/05/20, seven days ago,

We are using a local Australian company for the development called Digital Agency, eCommerce Web Design Melbourne, Sydney | Mitash
We have several members of his team working on the webiste now so we will have quite a few improvements by the end of the week. Weeks up and we're still waiting.

Ahaaa, THAT explains it, once they have the webiste sorted they'll turn their attentions to your website.
Just have a look at their website, and the so called recommendations for the mighty ASH! OMG! I'm so impressed. Jeez just look at their happy clients, a social influencer? Get her on your vid's, and other randoms, looks more like a life insurance salesman than a web dev, happy to be corrected by our web savvy members, if I'm being a goose please tell me, but also explain why their site has gone from not very good to crap overnight.

Expecting:
2) Features similar to the RAPT fridge - wireless connectivity, smarter control.

I would love for my Robobrew to have app connectivity, being able to automatically set programs and have live data etc...

I was thinking of upgrading my V3 to the 3.1.1 but honestly i do not think it's worth it at this time but if they have a screen/ board upgrade with bluetooth app connectivity i would upgrade in a heartbeat and not bother upgrading to a Grainfather.

I completely agree - the new site is lackluster and is a huge downgrade in functionality and design.

Is it? I mean, it's garbage, but it's garbage in most of the same ways as the old one. The search sucked, it still sucks. The categorisation was haphazard and hard to intuit, and it's still that, too. But the only feature of the old site I miss is the large New Products feed on the homepage. The only notable feature the new site has gained is filters that are sorta helpful in some categories. For the most part it feels more similar to the old site than it does different...

Is it? I mean, it's garbage, but it's garbage in most of the same ways as the old one. The search sucked, it still sucks. The categorisation was haphazard and hard to intuit, and it's still that, too. But the only feature of the old site I miss is the large New Products feed on the homepage. The only notable feature the new site has gained is filters that are sorta helpful in some categories. For the most part it feels more similar to the old site than it does different...

It's largely the same, but definitely worse.

Search is cooked.
I miss the "New Product" feed on the homepage.
Default product order is nonsensical.
The product grids are cluttered, but the rest of the site has way too much padding/deadspace.
The product item in the carts are too big.

As I have designed and implemented many websites, I agree with you all that this new KL website is really crap. Search was never any good, now worse. The site does remember your last setting, e.g. if changing default "Show 12" to Show all, as soon as you look in another catergory it reverts back to "Show 12". Try and buy a FermZilla Conical, 27L and/or 55L. Go "Brew Gear -> FermZilla" They are not there. Click the search icon and enter "FermZilla" and they are there. WTF??. Probably costing them sales.

As I have designed and implemented many websites, I agree with you all that this new KL website is really crap. Search was never any good, now worse. The site does remember your last setting, e.g. if changing default "Show 12" to Show all, as soon as you look in another catergory it reverts back to "Show 12". Try and buy a FermZilla Conical, 27L and/or 55L. Go "Brew Gear -> FermZilla" They are not there. Click the search icon and enter "FermZilla" and they are there. WTF??. Probably costing them sales.
Replace in previous quote "The site does remember your last setting" with "The site does NOT remember your last setting"

Probably costing them sales.
I don't think there's any "probably" involved Vic, I'd borrow money to bet that it's costing them sales, what I just don't get is how they can screw this up sooo badly, I mean just look at the dev's web site???
Full disclosure here, I have about as much idea about e-commerce and it's associated infrastructure as one of my quail, but even I looked at ASH and thought wt!
The whole e-mail debacle wasn't a red flag, it was RUN AWAY!
Vic, Sixfig, you guys obviously know how this stuff works, so WTF! Can you please explain to someone shaking his head in disbelief (me) just what the hell is going on here?

The whole e-mail debacle wasn't a red flag, it was RUN AWAY!

What was the "email debacle"?

One thing i have noticed with their website is that about 2 years of orders has disappeared, not a huge deal but seems odd.

If i were KL and did pay that mob for the website i would be asking questions as in did they sub-contract it out to the lowest bidder youtube trained web developer.

Surely there has to be a way to order out of stock items? Otherwise, by the time one item comes back in stock, something else will be sold out...How can we order a draught/keg package?

Surely there has to be a way to order out of stock items? Otherwise, by the time one item comes back in stock, something else will be sold out...How can we order a draught/keg package?
The technical term for the situation you find yourself in is SNAFU! which is a precursor for FUBAR a potentially more devastating condition.

Latest posts

Back