Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up my order from the new 24/7 pickup area! Looks good and very easy to use!

I was worried about the 2min time, but 2 minutes is longer than you think!

Keep up the good work guys :)

Hey Kegland,

Have you got any customers using the sight glass below with the robobrew 3? Any other parts needed?

https://www.kegland.com.au/polycarbonate-sight-glass-2-piece-set.html

I have the KK version on my Brewzilla.

I have it connected via a 1/2" BSP stainless T piece with the tap connected at one end and the other connected through the tap hole in the kettle with a screw piece and the nut that came with the BZ to attach the tap.

Some silicon washers help as well.

Last edited:
I have the KK version on my Brewzilla.

I have it connected via a 1/2" BSP stainless T piece with the tap connected at one end and the other connected through the tap hole in the kettle with a screw piece and the nut that came with the BZ to attache the tap.

Some silicon washers help as well.

Would you mind sending photos :)

The Maltzilla can be used with a drill, a cordless

Thanks for that. The Gazett covers appliances. As you would be aware the power supply that we sell here https://www.kegland.com.au/24v-dc-2...60hz-with-anderson-plug-high-amp-current.html is an unwired "component". So in order to use this part the user would have to wire up this component themselves. The power supply itself has already been CE approved and is ROHS compliant. As this is an electrical component the regulations on components is quite different to electrical appliances that do require separate electrical approvals. If you would like to purchase this power supply component you woul dneed to wire this up and put it into a housing as described in our instruction manual and it should be installed in a way that makes it compliant.

With regards to the MaltZilla mill itself this is a low voltage DC device just like our Cannular machine. These devices can use the 24v power supply components that we sell but they can also be powered by several other means such as a cordless drill battery for instance or car battery. Both products meet all required electrical safety standards.
Just came across this. What on earth has CE got to do with this? CE has no standing whatsoever in Australia. Sounds like someone trying to do a snow job here. ROHS just means there is no lead in it. Just another irrelevance. From what I can see this is not a product an end user should be putting together unless they have a sparky license and it has the potential to really hurt someone. Kegland this is very iresponsible.

From what I can see this is not a product an end user should be putting together unless they have a sparky license and it has the potential to really hurt someone. Kegland this is very iresponsible.

Technically, and legally, it's fine. You don't have the right to work on your home's fixed cabling, but you have every right to work on something that lives this side of a GPO. You're allowed to buy components, you're allowed to assemble them, and you're allowed to plug them in and turn it on. IF this power supply is sold as a component, and not as a part of a finished product, so far as I can tell it's legal.

Is it ethical or sensible? No, not really...

(Technically there's a requirement in there about portability - you're not allowed to construct or work on anything "fixed" to the home, which is mostly intended to avoid end-runs around the fixed cabling laws. I suppose this might come up if you were building a brewery in your shed or something)

Call Jaycar and let them know they need to shut down haha
I have questioned this same product, if it has a CE approval it will most definitely need an AU/NZ certification, Keg Land say it has approval though no evidence has been given, just have to take their word for it.

Just came across this. What on earth has CE got to do with this? CE has no standing whatsoever in Australia. Sounds like someone trying to do a snow job here. ROHS just means there is no lead in it. Just another irrelevance. From what I can see this is not a product an end user should be putting together unless they have a sparky license and it has the potential to really hurt someone. Kegland this is very iresponsible.
Just read your profile page. A new member here who has made 14 posts. Every single one of them pro KK and anti KL. Not a single post regarding actual brewing. I'm calling bullshit. Sadly, this forum is full of shadow posters for KK. I've had a gutful and so have heaps of others here. If only you guys spent some time working on improving your business, instead of anonomously sniping Kegland. Pathetic.

Yes I was wondering about this but then again if you sell like that then I am pretty sure the equipment would need to be tested and approved because that is something I think consumer affairs is pretty serious about. Like with scales used in commerce you have to get them tested regularly by registered organisations. No doubt Kegland guys would make sure about that I would imagine.

I think that was the case many years ago (back when I was butchering), now it is a self regulating arrangement, it's not until somebody reports a retailer to fair trading that they get investigated, and usually issued a slap on the wrist warning for the first instance

Just read your profile page. A new member here who has made 14 posts. Every single one of them pro KK and anti KL. Not a single post regarding actual brewing. I'm calling bullshit. Sadly, this forum is full of shadow posters for KK. I've had a gutful and so have heaps of others here. If only you guys spent some time working on improving your business, instead of anonomously sniping Kegland. Pathetic.
+1 personally I can't wait for them to go broke, which is what will happen if they continue this nonsense, lift your game or piss off

Technically, and legally, it's fine. You don't have the right to work on your home's fixed cabling, but you have every right to work on something that lives this side of a GPO. You're allowed to buy components, you're allowed to assemble them, and you're allowed to plug them in and turn it on. IF this power supply is sold as a component, and not as a part of a finished product, so far as I can tell it's legal.

Is it ethical or sensible? No, not really...

(Technically there's a requirement in there about portability - you're not allowed to construct or work on anything "fixed" to the home, which is mostly intended to avoid end-runs around the fixed cabling laws. I suppose this might come up if you were building a brewery in your shed or something)
The minute you connect it to a GPO a whole bunch of regulations come into play. Just check with Energy Safe and you will find it is anything but legal if you are not a sparky. Even at Bunnings when you buy a 3 pin plug they have a disclaimer saying that it can only be used by a licensed person. The regs are the regs and Kegland is not being responsible by encouraging this sort of thing. One day someone will get hurt or worse.

I have questioned this same product, if it has a CE approval it will most definitely need an AU/NZ certification, Keg Land say it has approval though no evidence has been given, just have to take their word for it.
CE got no standing in Oz so mentioning it is just a snow job.

And your brewing posts??? So if you are not in the KK sycophant association you should not post even when you see BS like CE peddled here??? Do you call out Fro Daddy, Null n void, goatchop and so many more of similar ilk for their so very obvious partisan posts??? I doubt that you have a gut full of those posters as well? Fair suck of the sav mate and address the issues rather than people.

Last edited:
Just to be clear, I'm not pro KL, I'm pro innovation, good deals and great customer support.
That just doesn't happen as much with KK...

And your brewing posts??? So if you are not in the KK sycophant association you should not post even when you see BS like CE peddled here??? Do you call out Fro Daddy, Null n void, goatchop and so many more of similar ilk for their so very obvious partisan posts??? I doubt that you have a gut full of those posters as well? Fair suck of the sav mate and address the issues rather than people.
It takes 30 seconds to look at someone's profile and see their posts. Unlike you, I've got heaps of brewing posts. Unlike you, I'm not partisan, nor are @Fro-Daddy @Nullnvoid or @goatchop41. Unlike you, each of us contributes posts regarding brewing both here and at the other forum. Unlike you, none of us have any financial tie ins with KL or KK. Unlike you, we all hope BOTH companies thrive for the good of the Australian home brewing community - your team at KK are just doing a particularly shit job of it now.

Stop wasting your time insulting home brewers and get out there and do some actual work on your company. Get some R&D happening. Or go suck something else.

It takes 30 seconds to look at someone's profile and see their posts. Unlike you, I've got heaps of brewing posts. Unlike you, I'm not partisan, nor are @Fro-Daddy @Nullnvoid or @goatchop41. Unlike you, each of us contributes posts regarding brewing both here and at the other forum. Unlike you, none of us have any financial tie ins with KL or KK. Unlike you, we all hope BOTH companies thrive for the good of the Australian home brewing community - your team at KK are just doing a particularly shit job of it now.

Stop wasting your time insulting home brewers and get out there and do some actual work on your company. Get some R&D happening. Or go suck something else.
Seems someone got a hit on sore spot. You forgot to address the CE issue and then just launched into personal attack which proves my point that you/they are trying a snow job. Did not realise people here get so heated up and vitriolic so easily. You really need to go and do what I am doing which is to sit back and enjoy a nice beer and not wasting valuable drinking time.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back