Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Definitely 500ml full aperture
Will the machine be a proprietary closing style, or a generic one to work with other cans?

I'm with the other guys re 500ml can, but what is this whole thing? Canning for pro brewers or are we talking on a homebrew scale!?

Also, @KegLand-com-au - will the larger immersion chillers that come with the 65L Robobrew be available for individual purchase? I think that might fit my 40L Crown urn a bit better than the 35L version (will check measurements when I get home)..

I'm with the other guys re 500ml can, but what is this whole thing? Canning for pro brewers or are we talking on a homebrew scale!?

Also, @KegLand-com-au - will the larger immersion chillers that come with the 65L Robobrew be available for individual purchase? I think that might fit my 40L Crown urn a bit better than the 35L version (will check measurements when I get home)..

Its for home brewing. My guess is its a small canning machine similar to the Canimal machines that can seal one can at a time and is manually loaded. Instead of putting a bottle in a capper and sealing the bottle you put a filled can in the canning machine, place a lid on top and the machine rolls the edges of the can and the lid together to seal.

Would be pretty cool as a way to package a few to give to mates etc but I cant imagine doing that 40+ times every batch when i can just fill a single keg.

Also, storing the blank cans would take up quite a bit of space.

Will it be possible to order smaller amounts of cans?

Also, storing the blank cans would take up quite a bit of space.

Yeah, that's a big issue. I keep a stock of PET bottles for sharing and portable beer, but I only need 1 box of 15 on hand to meet all my needs. Being able to re-use them is the big thing here... Cans being single use, will certainly need more stock to use, but I can't keep 200 empty cans lying around anywhere.

All that said, I think this would be a cool bit of kit for clubs to get hold of. Sharing this, and the cost and storage of them blank cans, among many members would be good use, IMO.

Any idea when 3l Erlenmeyer flasks are going to be back in stock

We are going to see how customers find the disposable oxygen cylinders first and if these satisfy most of our customers requirements then we might not do pumps kits of customers still dont fine the oxygen kits suit their needs.

Pure oxygen is really fantastic but it does add a bit more cost. We have some 157liter disposable oxygen cylinders that will come into stock shortly and these will sell for about $20-30 per cylinder.

Desperate to order a large list of several small things - I've now turned around on going pure O2, will disposable tanks and a mini-regulator to suit be ready in the next two weeks?

For this particular job we have the 3/8 Push in x 1/2" thread Duotight Push in Fitting. We have not uploaded this to our website yet but this is a really nice way to connect your hoses but unfortunately just not in stock for another few weeks.

Those stainless compression fittings are really good for the stainless immersion chillers but they are not suitable for the copper ones so please do not purchase these.
@KegLand-com-au any update on the availability of these?

Thanks for the update on the robobrew 65 - looks like a solid piece of kit - hopefully not long until you take orders. I'd be happy to preorder if you could facilitate that!

Also I'd vote for 500mL full aperture cans.

Thanks for that. Our website doesn't facilitate pre-orders at this stage. Thanks you guys for the feedback on the cans. Seems like the 500ml is the way to go.

Desperate to order a large list of several small things - I've now turned around on going pure O2, will disposable tanks and a mini-regulator to suit be ready in the next two weeks?

We don't have the date on the disposable oxygen yet but we should have the arrival date soon.

Definitely 500ml full aperture
Will the machine be a proprietary closing style, or a generic one to work with other cans?

The canning machines will work with various other can types but for each different can manufacturer they require different shaped dies. So you just need to use a different die shape depending on the lid manufacturer. The rollers are very often compatible.

The die for the top of the can is normally quite easy to make on a lathe so if you are handy you can probably knock one up yourself.

Yes these immersion chillers will be available for purchase. They will come in on the following container to the 65L Robobrew units.

With regards to canning machines they will be priced so they will be affordable for home brewers but i am sure some bars will use them for filling can growlers (crowlers). I am sure we will also get some small breweries use them for canning small batches as well.

I know most home brewers use glass bottles and this is the cheapest way to package beer however the real attraction to cans is:
1. They are better sealed. Crown seals on glass bottles allows small amount of oxygen ingress under the seal.
2. They are easily recyclable.
3. If you don't want to wash the vessel you put your beer in and want a disposable option for taking to parties etc.
4. Obviously they are a perfect light barrier

So for many customers who want to save money glass is the cheapest option and it will still remain the most popular option for this reason. With that said for locking in the best possible quality and freshness of beer you can't beat cans.

Latest posts

Back