Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi,
i have 1 intertap tap & 2 intertap Fc taps on my keezer i just built. the non Fc tap works beautifully & I'm very happy with it, but not so much with the Fc taps as they seem to pour not as well.
they have a much slower pour even on full open position & I'm struggling to get it just right.. the regular tap seems to be nicer than the Fc models, is this your feeling on them ?

To be quite honest we prefer the SS taps which is why we pack them with our Kegerator kits like this:
https://www.kegland.com.au/keg-master-series-4-single-tap-intertap-ss.html
https://www.kegland.com.au/keg-master-series-4-double-intertap-ss.html
https://www.kegland.com.au/keg-master-series-4-triple-intertap-ss.html

We honestly believe that these SS taps are the best option which is why we push people to get the SS taps not the FC taps. It's rare to get a retailer/wholesaler to push customers onto a cheaper product but we really feel that this a better choice for our customers.

I know FC taps are convenient as they give you the ability to adjust flow speed at the tap however this comes at a price:
1. Flow control taps do not deliver quite as laminar flow as normal SS taps (this can result in slightly more foaming especially if they are not setup correctly). You still need some flow resistance to be taken up in the line and if you have more than 90kpa of flow resistance taken up in the flow control mechanism it will cause issues
2. Flow control taps have more moving parts and are more complicated to clean and service. Arguable for this same reason they are not quite as sanitary especially given this is often the warmest part of your draft system as well.
3. Flow control taps are more expensive to manufacture
4. The tap end of a system is the end with the lowest possible back pressure. As a result anything you do to disrupt the laminar flow of beer at this end of your draft system will cause more issues. In our opinion if you wanted to have a flow mechanism it should be placed further upstream where head pressures are higher and any possible turbulence caused by a flow restrictor device can be tolerated as the CO2 is much less likely to come out of solution. For this reason we have been working on a flow control ball lock disconnect which I think we will release towards the end of this year. This will allow you to control the flow rate at the ball lock disconnect end. It's a totally new concept and we are not sure how well this will work yet but we are already seeing some promise for this device.

You can get great results just by using some small ID beer line. If you go with the 4mm ID and use about 1-1.5 meters you will get great results with the standard SS taps.

Is there a single starter kit item that combines the below things for someone who has no kegging stuff to get going? I have the standard stuff for priming and filling bottles (fermenter, siphons, etc). I guess I could just make my own from the bellow, but I'm worried about getting things that are incompatible.

Looks like this has just popped up on their website, which seems to have kegs, gas bottle, clamps, lines, regulator etc in it as well:
https://www.kegland.com.au/keg-master-series-4-kegerator-with-triple-intertap-ss-premium-bundle.html

Hi,
i have 1 intertap tap & 2 intertap Fc taps on my keezer i just built. the non Fc tap works beautifully & I'm very happy with it, but not so much with the Fc taps as they seem to pour not as well.
they have a much slower pour even on full open position & I'm struggling to get it just right.. the regular tap seems to be nicer than the Fc models, is this your feeling on them ?
Your better off with non flow control taps. If you have your heart set on fc then you are better off having all of your taps fc. Flow control taps require higher serving pressure to have the same flow as non fc so you will need to shorten the line on the fc. It's easier to balance a system which has the same taps and lines.

I have a fc intertap I would love to get rid of, barely used, if you are interested in a straight swap. The SS intertap is a great tap.

Hello,

I noticed that your Stellasan Sanitiser is out of stock, do you have a rough estimate on when it will be back in stock?

Kind Regards,

It's included - it's not on the list at the top of the page because it comes with the kegerator.
The gas regulator is listed in the parts, however I see nowhere where a gas manifold is listed for the dual/triple packs. Does anyone know if they are included?

I'll be buying the triple combo later in the year once I can justify the expense to the missus. So I need to get all my eggs in one basket.

The gas regulator is listed in the parts, however I see nowhere where a gas manifold is listed for the dual/triple packs. Does anyone know if they are included?

I'll be buying the triple combo later in the year once I can justify the expense to the missus. So I need to get all my eggs in one basket.

The kegerator comes with stainless tee Pieces to split the gas line....

hi i rang today to try and i know i have to wait i wanted to order 4 of the
Mini Keg - 10L
Product code : KL06385
$62.10 Available From 06 July 2018
and was told your not sure if you will get then at all.
and i look to night to see they are now $69 what the
why have it there for $62.10 and next day change it .
Mini Keg - 10L (175mm x 488mm)
Available From 06 July 2018
$69.00
Confused ????????????????????????????????

hi i rang today to try and i know i have to wait i wanted to order 4 of the
Mini Keg - 10L
Product code : KL06385
$62.10 Available From 06 July 2018
and was told your not sure if you will get then at all.
and i look to night to see they are now $69 what the
why have it there for $62.10 and next day change it .
Mini Keg - 10L (175mm x 488mm)
Available From 06 July 2018
$69.00
Confused ????????????????????????????????
Yeah I got confused because I called about Stellar San yesterday and was told its already sold out even before it arrives next month. Must be a huge demand out there. Wonder what else one can use?

Yeah I got confused because I called about Stellar San yesterday and was told its already sold out even before it arrives next month. Must be a huge demand out there. Wonder what else one can use?
Phosphoric acid, Iodophor, hydrogen peroxide :)

Your better off with non flow control taps. If you have your heart set on fc then you are better off having all of your taps fc. Flow control taps require higher serving pressure to have the same flow as non fc so you will need to shorten the line on the fc. It's easier to balance a system which has the same taps and lines.

I have a fc intertap I would love to get rid of, barely used, if you are interested in a straight swap. The SS intertap is a great tap.
Hello,

I noticed that your Stellasan Sanitiser is out of stock, do you have a rough estimate on when it will be back in stock?

Kind Regards,

The stellarsan is back in stock on the 18th July.

You can sign up for notifications here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/phosphoric-acid-blend-sanitiser-500ml-starsan.html

It really very popular this product.

I should also say that we are making our own Powdered Brewery Wash also at the moment so this should be finished in the next couple of months too.

The stellarsan is back in stock on the 18th July.

You can sign up for notifications here:

Would it be possible to add a preorder function to the website. I made 3 orders in the space of a week because things tend to sell out and everything comes in stock on different dates.

I would love to be able to order say different 10 items and get them all delivered when everything is in stock. 3 lots of postage gets annoying fast.

Second package with Kegland, second postage issue.
Last time was phosphoric acid leaking throughout the package, this time was a pack that had too much weight. Broke the flimsy plastic.

Can you take look at the volume/weight vs pack? This plastic seems really crap.
20180622_214725.jpeg
20180622_214650.jpeg

Hi KL, a couple more questions:

1. Are you planning to release duotight check valves, or any design improvements, or are the black/red ones going to be your only option for the foreseeable future. I’m fine with them but plan to buy eight so if you were about to release a new improved version I’d possibly wait for that.

2. What courier company do you use for the kegerator deliveries to Melbourne inner west (Ascot Vale), and do you know if leaving without a signature is an option? I want to avoid the delivery ending up in a courier depot in Tullamarine that is only open when I need to be at work and can’t get there.

Second package with Kegland, second postage issue.
Last time was phosphoric acid leaking throughout the package, this time was a pack that had too much weight. Broke the flimsy plastic.

Can you take look at the volume/weight vs pack? This plastic seems really crap. View attachment 112871View attachment 112872

Thanks for that. We really appreciate you sending the photos to us. Were the goods inside ok?

I will have a chat to the other guys in the warehouse about using different bags. We thought the bags that we had recently got in were ok but clearly they are just not strong enough.

Hi KL, a couple more questions:

1. Are you planning to release duotight check valves, or any design improvements, or are the black/red ones going to be your only option for the foreseeable future. I’m fine with them but plan to buy eight so if you were about to release a new improved version I’d possibly wait for that.

2. What courier company do you use for the kegerator deliveries to Melbourne inner west (Ascot Vale), and do you know if leaving without a signature is an option? I want to avoid the delivery ending up in a courier depot in Tullamarine that is only open when I need to be at work and can’t get there.

The next round of duotight fittings will be:

8mm x FFL thread (for the MFL disconnects)
8mm x 5/8 thread female (to fit onto the keg couplers and tap shanks)
8mm x 1/2 thread male
8mm x 1/4 thread male

Then for the commercial installers we are working on a larger range of 3/8 fittings.

The check valves will be a while away. We probably will not make check valves until later on in the year.

The black ones that we currently have are ok but you really must be 100% sure you use good quality beer line where the tolerances of the OD are tightly controlled. The EVABarrier beer line that we have is very good in this respect so it will be good for these push in fittings. We already have the triple tap kegerators packed with this new line. We will also be packing the single and double tap kegreators with this new beer line in the near future.

Latest posts

Back