Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the idea of removing the yeast and dispensing straight from the fermentasaurus. Will your new fridges need to be drilled through the door to affix a tap, or will there be a clever pre-ported option?

Hey kee - what's stopping keg king from getting their own 'fermentasaurus' brought in under a different name?

You should get more protection than just trade marks on that shit. Definitely look into patent protection. Watermark IP do a lot of stuff with china.

Thanks for that. We do have some patents on the new blow molded tanks we are making and we have been using Clayton UTZ recently. I will have a look into Watermark IP though as
Hi KL

I am considering getting your three tap kegerator. I have a couple of questions:

1. Does it now come with your EVA barrier lines, if so how much total length and what ID? I am sold on the 4mm ID line and would want to get that
2. Are any ball lock disconnects included or are these to be purchased separately?
3. When are you anticipating opening the shop, or a customer pickup option? I would like to avoid paying shipping.

Thanks.

At the moment we have only got our triple tap kegerators made with the EVABarrier tubing in the 4mm ID. The single tap and double tap are still packed with the old beer line unfortunately. So if you are getting one of these models I would recommend upgrading to a roll of this stuff:
https://www.kegland.com.au/evabarrier-4mm-x-8mm-double-wall-eva-12meter-roll-in-bag.html

The ball lock disconnects can be purchase separately:
https://www.kegland.com.au/premium-plastic-ball-lock-disconnect-black-liquid-barb.html
https://www.kegland.com.au/premium-plastic-ball-lock-disconnect-grey-gas-barb.html
I know there are some other competitors selling kegerators with "FREE" ball lock disconnects but you might find that they are using brass barbs/threads and also using disconnects where the shrinkage in the mould makes the internal diameter more likely to not seal correctly so i would be careful with getting some decent quality disconnects. A poor quality disconnect can easily result in lost gas and also you end up losing far more than what the disconnects are worth.

We will have a pickup option hopefully by end of July or Start of August once we move into the new warehouse.

You can make assumptions and guesses but be happy to know I bought a Robobrew and even a CO2 cyl from you. Does not stop me buying stuff from KK though and lots of what they have is pretty good. Some is crap like plastic taps. Do you just want people who say bad things about your opposition here? Not a great business tactic. If your stuff is good no need to bag others. People will buy it for its value.

It's not that we are making assumptions. You might be aware that Kee Doery in this video here as well as Dom Evans (both working in design at KegLand) made this video here:

Kee and Dom did extremly vigeous testing on various tap designs and they have a lot of experience with this partiuclar desgin with o-rings above and below the ball on the tap shaft. So there is no assumptions here. This design has been tested, failed and it simply is not reliable. I can understand you find us to be biased as we are clearly a competitor. We do not hide that fact. There are very few taps that get cycled on and off 1,000,000 times before confirming the design and releasing the tap to market. The Intertap taps have gone through this testing and they are simply the most reliable forward sealing tap that we have ever tested out of a significant number of designs that were also tested. I would agree that we should not bag others and we should avoid this at all costs. With that said as we have a unique experience in this precise area of taps and our comments with this design are a long way from speculation. Our point of view has been determined through experience and a lot of testing.

I really like the idea of removing the yeast and dispensing straight from the fermentasaurus. Will your new fridges need to be drilled through the door to affix a tap, or will there be a clever pre-ported option?

This was a difficult choice for us and we have decided not to pre-drill the holes for the door. It's not difficult to drill the door holes and also you can fit up to 4 corny kegs in this new design. So we didnt really want to drill holes as it could be a 1, 2, 3, or 4 tap.

We have also been looking at a new shank design that will allow much smaller holes to be drilled in the door as well. So in the future you might only need do trill a hole that is 10mm and this is significantly easier than drilling the larger 22mm holes for conventional 5/8" tap shanks.

View attachment 112832

Looks like MCH Keg King have lodged their own trademarks on the fermentasaurus....but not finalised....also applied for kegasaurus, intertap, ultratap and the robobrew

This is a trademark application and most aplications get to Pending Accepted. Pending accpeted means that the application is open to objections. We know for a fact that this trademark is being objected to.

Any hint of an ETA for your 100mm tap shanks? Getting sick of opening my fridge to pour a beer, but I'm not keen to pay $50 for a shank elsewhere...

We do have the 150mm shanks already which you can see here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/150mm-in...nk-304-stainless-steel-w-nut-tail-collar.html

The stainless 100mm stainless long shanks will be available 2nd of July.
https://www.kegland.com.au/100mm-stainless-long-shank-w-nut-tail-collar.html

With regards to the 100mm chrome plated I think we will be discontinue the chrome plated ones all together.

Thanks for that. We do have some patents on the new blow molded tanks we are making and we have been using Clayton UTZ recently.

If as you say you have patents on the tanks you are making how come you could not give me a diameter of the 50 litre Fermentasaurus?

It's not that we are making assumptions. You might be aware that Kee Doery in this video here as well as Dom Evans (both working in design at KegLand) made this video here:

Kee and Dom did extremly vigeous testing on various tap designs and they have a lot of experience with this partiuclar desgin with o-rings above and below the ball on the tap shaft. So there is no assumptions here. This design has been tested, failed and it simply is not reliable. I can understand you find us to be biased as we are clearly a competitor. We do not hide that fact. There are very few taps that get cycled on and off 1,000,000 times before confirming the design and releasing the tap to market. The Intertap taps have gone through this testing and they are simply the most reliable forward sealing tap that we have ever tested out of a significant number of designs that were also tested. I would agree that we should not bag others and we should avoid this at all costs. With that said as we have a unique experience in this precise area of taps and our comments with this design are a long way from speculation. Our point of view has been determined through experience and a lot of testing.

OK I meant you were making assumptions about me so I think you missed the point. Great video but it seems to say Keg King so was this done when you were working for Keg King? Does that mean Intertap was all done at Keg King so would that not mean that KK own the rights to it???? Always really liked the Intertaps and agree with you on this but the pour on the new one seems to be really good. Maybe someone should do a comparison and it should be done by another party not having anything to do with Kegland or Keg King.

OK I meant you were making assumptions about me so I think you missed the point. Great video but it seems to say Keg King so was this done when you were working for Keg King? Does that mean Intertap was all done at Keg King so would that not mean that KK own the rights to it???? Always really liked the Intertaps and agree with you on this but the pour on the new one seems to be really good. Maybe someone should do a comparison and it should be done by another party not having anything to do with Kegland or Keg King.
The rights and ownership of names specific products etc between the keg K/L businesses, would be a mess, Khee obviously owned (outright personally) the website, I daresay a fair chunk of IP regarding design etc was also his personal work. Note none of this is simple or small, Keg King's shelves weren't bare for months without out cause, kick out the guy who does all the R&D and procurement and you'll wind up with a shortage of stock. Not to mention the halt in production of some outstanding inovative products.
Much like breaking up with your wife, you can come to agreement or let lawyers and Courts keep most of it. ($$ wise that is)

Hi,
i have 1 intertap tap & 2 intertap Fc taps on my keezer i just built. the non Fc tap works beautifully & I'm very happy with it, but not so much with the Fc taps as they seem to pour not as well.
they have a much slower pour even on full open position & I'm struggling to get it just right.. the regular tap seems to be nicer than the Fc models, is this your feeling on them ?

Someone along the line gave permission for KK to use the names, not like they did it without consent. And as stated above its a bloody silly thing to be lining lawyers pockets over names, especially if the items are being superseded and getting different names.
Should run a competition on here and give a Fermentersaurus away to the winner who comes up with a better name. That wouldn't be hard.:)

Kegland.com.au said:
We will have a pickup option hopefully by end of July or Start of August once we move into the new warehouse.
Not expecting an exact address, but can you give us a rough area where the new warehouse will be? Which suburb even?

Also, will it be pickup only (at least at first)? Or will there be a wander-in and browse shop too at some point?

Not expecting an exact address, but can you give us a rough area where the new warehouse will be? Which suburb even?

Also, will it be pickup only (at least at first)? Or will there be a wander-in and browse shop too at some point?
Dandenong has been mentioned B4

We will be releasing informatoin on the Fermentasaurus 2 next month. So you don't have lont to wait.

The patent that has been lodged doesnt have much to do with the container dimensions. The patent that has been lodged has more to do with with the features of the tank.

Someone along the line gave permission for KK to use the names, not like they did it without consent. And as stated above its a bloody silly thing to be lining lawyers pockets over names, especially if the items are being superseded and getting different names.
Should run a competition on here and give a Fermentersaurus away to the winner who comes up with a better name. That wouldn't be hard.:)

Yes we would agree. It's a total waste of legal resources.

Hi,
i have 1 intertap tap & 2 intertap Fc taps on my keezer i just built. the non Fc tap works beautifully & I'm very happy with it, but not so much with the Fc taps as they seem to pour not as well.
they have a much slower pour even on full open position & I'm struggling to get it just right.. the regular tap seems to be nicer than the Fc models, is this your feeling on them ?

To be quite honest we prefer the SS taps which is why we pack them with our Kegerator kits like this:
https://www.kegland.com.au/keg-master-series-4-single-tap-intertap-ss.html
https://www.kegland.com.au/keg-master-series-4-double-intertap-ss.html
https://www.kegland.com.au/keg-master-series-4-triple-intertap-ss.html

We honestly believe that these SS taps are the best option which is why we push people to get the SS taps not the FC taps. It's rare to get a retailer/wholesaler to push customers onto a cheaper product but we really feel that this a better choice for our customers.

I know FC taps are convenient as they give you the ability to adjust flow speed at the tap however this comes at a price:
1. Flow control taps do not deliver quite as laminar flow as normal SS taps (this can result in slightly more foaming especially if they are not setup correctly). You still need some flow resistance to be taken up in the line and if you have more than 90kpa of flow resistance taken up in the flow control mechanism it will cause issues
2. Flow control taps have more moving parts and are more complicated to clean and service. Arguable for this same reason they are not quite as sanitary especially given this is often the warmest part of your draft system as well.
3. Flow control taps are more expensive to manufacture
4. The tap end of a system is the end with the lowest possible back pressure. As a result anything you do to disrupt the laminar flow of beer at this end of your draft system will cause more issues. In our opinion if you wanted to have a flow mechanism it should be placed further upstream where head pressures are higher and any possible turbulence caused by a flow restrictor device can be tolerated as the CO2 is much less likely to come out of solution. For this reason we have been working on a flow control ball lock disconnect which I think we will release towards the end of this year. This will allow you to control the flow rate at the ball lock disconnect end. It's a totally new concept and we are not sure how well this will work yet but we are already seeing some promise for this device.

You can get great results just by using some small ID beer line. If you go with the 4mm ID and use about 1-1.5 meters you will get great results with the standard SS taps. This is one of the reasons we are starting to pack the new Kegerators with 4mm ID line. The only issue with the 4mm ID is that it's difficut to stretch over the bartails. We show customers how to do this here:

With that said we are have been working hard to finish a larger range of our Duotight fittings:
https://www.kegland.com.au/catalogsearch/result/?q=duotight
These push in fittings are the most reliable ones we have ever tried due to the double o-ring seal which you can see here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/media/ca...tem_-_most_reliable_push_in_fittings-01_2.jpg
We will soon have new MFL, 5/8 threaded and various other types of these available. So this should eliminate the need for the barbed fittings which are are the only thing that makes the kegerators difficult to assemble with 4mm ID line.

Oxebar PTY LTD had the authority to trade under the Fermentasaurus brand name and they had the rights to use this brand name. The Fermentasaurus units were manufactured and sold by Oxebar PTY LTD which distributed the Fermentasaurus units to other companies such as MCH Australia PTY LTD. Now MCH Australia seem to think they should own this trademark for some reason and this is being objected to by Kee Doery - The trademark owner and the owner to the copywrite.

I really wish I bought 3 of your regular Intertaps instead of 2 flow controlled taps (kept one brumby), I get bad foaming.

If you can wait a few weeks we will release this information quite soon. What we can say is that it will not be a conventional retail store layout.

Latest posts

Back