Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't matter, it overboils with or without the lid.

As @AlexB suggested. i bought 2 bottles of Fermcap (had to justify the $13 shipping fee for a $4 product) and will give it a go next brew.
That is exactly what I did, you wont regret it.

I hope so, so what do you do with it, add a few drops when its about to boil or during the mash in stage?
Read that article that Grmblz linked, then everything else on that site... I add 3 drops in the boil once my RoboBrew hits around 90-95C I dont think it matters if you add it earlier though. Sometimes I get a thin layer of thick brown foam on the top and sometimes not. I have never had a boilover since using it though

If KL have broken the law, take it up with them directly and/or report it to the appropriate authorities.

This is meant to be a Q&A thread. Everything after your first post (and KL's response) is just diatribe.
I love how most of the posts jumping in to say "get off Keg Land's back!" are people who've been around for under a year and have less than 10 posts...

Last edited:
Wonderful if you make that clear to customers on this thread so its good that people know. As I said even Bunnings advises this. However still does not address the CE thing being stuck on there as that is a complete misdirection. The last thing you want to do is for people to think its got CE so it must be ok when that is not relevant in the slightest. When people buy this stuff then they should factor in getting a sparky to do the wiring up job rather than be tempted to do it themselves which is why I think its not a responsible thing. Surely you would not argue otherwise.

CE is not a certification that ESV or other regulators in Australia look for. As an electrical component does not require certification as it's not yet been made into an appliance. With the absence of an applicable and/or mandatory approval in Australia we have at the very least used CE as we believe that the CE mark (which does require electrical components like this to be certified in Europe) at a minimum shows that the component meets a high bar with respect to safety. Furthermore we have already orders getting shipped to Europe and we do have European customers who require CE approvals and they also read this forum and I am confident they would be happy to know that the power supplies do have CE. In fact the first shipments will arrive to www.olbrygging.no very soon and we have some retailers pre-selling these in Europe already as you can see here: https://bryggmann.no/produkt/flasking/cannular-can-seamer-forhandsbestilling

So ultimately you have several options:
1. You are in Australia > therefore no mandatory electrical certification is required for an electrical component that is un-wired and sold without cords attached and has not yet been mounted in housing. We recommend you to mount in housing and if you read the instructions then you would be aware that re have said this needs to be done by a qualified electrician.
2. You are in Europe > Therefore you can purchase this power supply and use it as it's already got the CE approvals
3. You don't fit into the categories then you have the option to run the machine with one of these cables:
https://www.kegland.com.au/2m-power...la-40amp-anderson-plug-x-alligator-clips.html
4. If you do not want the hassle of finding a power supply you can purchase a power supply elsewhere as the Canning machine runs on a wide range of voltages from 12v up to 24v.
5. You are in America > If this is the case we have some 110-120v power supplies that are being sold with these that are a little different and there has already been some discussions with https://www.morebeer.com/ that we will produce another model with the power supply integrated inside the body of the unit as another option.

So as far as we are concerned we have really gone to some considerable effort to give our customers both locally and overseas as many options as possible and irrespective of where these are being sold they are compliant with mandatory approvals in the respective countries where they are being sold.

Last edited:
I love how most of the posts jumping in to say "get off Keg Land's back!" are people who've been around for under a year and have less than 10 posts...

You don’t have to be a founding member to call out sh*t posting trolls..

Maybe some one could start a “whine about Kegland” thread and people can go their hardest in that.

Hi @KegLand-com-au, when will the fc disconnects be back in stock?

Sorry about the long wait on these. We are still making these in small quantities and it's a time consuming processes as you can see from these videos:

http://www.kegland.com.au/media/video/Video 1.mp4
http://www.kegland.com.au/media/video/Video 2.mp4
http://www.kegland.com.au/media/video/Video 3.mp4

Eventually we will be automating the manufacture of these a bit more in future but it's still a bit slow at the moment as you can see from the video. It seems like the flow control disconnects are quite a popular product so we are going to increase our inventory of these in future. At the moment they are due back in stock on the 26th April.

Last edited:
Struck a nerve, did I?

A little yes.

I’m probably one of the “around for less than 1 year” types. You’ll have to forgive me for starting a new hobby.

The fact remains probably the last several pages of this thread are back and forth about irrelevant issues. It’s obvious some people are on here because they’re actually anti Kegland and just want to throw shade and or just love trolling or a arguing. Either way it’s draining.

According to my next door neighbour who works for Australia Post a nerve has been struck by CWUV for not declaring dangerous goods being sent through the post.
Not just KL either. They have been talking to several brewing/winemaking/etc suppliers since a few homebrewing posties (in both delivery and behind the scenes) identified various items passing through the system.

According to my next door neighbour who works for Australia Post a nerve has been struck by CWUV for not declaring dangerous goods being sent through the post.

So that could be the reason my delivery of Fermcap when from "due for delivery today" to "held at delivery depot"

Where the union is involved it doesn't pay to put profit before the safety of their members.

Looking at the MSDS and Wikipedia, it seems Fermcap's main ingredient - "Dimethylpolysiloxane" is used as an emulsifier and used in cooking oils to stop foaming and oil splatter. It doesn't seem to be hazardous to health or the environment.

Looking at the MSDS and Wikipedia, it seems Fermcap's main ingredient - "Dimethylpolysiloxane" is used as an emulsifier and used in cooking oils to stop foaming and oil splatter. It doesn't seem to be hazardous to health or the environment.
It wasn't your fermcap that was under scrutiny is was an oxygen cylinder I believe, maybe the union members have held back everything for checking. I see my neighbour on Wednesday I will see if I can find out more.

Still on track for first week of April for fermzilla 50L?

Yes the FermZilla is on track. We had to make some further tooling adjustments. It's actually now the FermZilla 55L. (previously we were only able to make a maximum size of 50L but its now possible for us to make the blow cavity a bit larger and go up to 55L. It's now looking like the FermZilla 27.5L and 55L will be released in approximately the same time.

We are very sorry about the huge wait for this product. We have already made many different design changes to the product but we really feel that these changes are worth the wait.

@KegLand-com-au If i buy the voltage controller will that resolve the overboil issue i have with my RoboBrew V3? 1900W element is too powerful and always overboils and 500W isn't powerful enough to maintain a nice boil.

With this can i control the voltage? turn the 1900W down to keep it boiling nicely?

This sounds a bit strange. Any chance you can email us at [email protected] with a video or some photos. We normally get excellent results just with the 1900 watts.

Boil overs are normally caused by the hot break and this is unavoidable part of the brewing process unless you want to add boil conditioning products as others have already suggested.

We did consider putting the power regulator into the unit but these add quite a bit of unreliability to the brewery especially as they need large heat sinks and they need to dissipate heat which is not that easy within the base of a boiler. The switches, especially the over engineered ones on the BrewZilla units are really a much more reliable option than power regulator in this instance.

Latest posts

Back