Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we will start to look into it. We really think this is something that you need in order to do the job properly. Would probably be sold as an additional part for about $10 so not prohibitively expensive.

I would get one, very handy.

@KegLand-com-au Why are these still out of stock https://www.kegland.com.au/4mm-replacement-probe-for-mkii-temp-controller.html I bought the temp controller for my still knowing the probe was not suitable and the 4mm probe was out of stock but assuming that you would have them back in stock after a suitable wait, I waited for 2 months and eventually placed an order on ebay for (chinese) 50k probes (why you went with 50k probes when the industry standard is 100k is beyond me) anyway my probes have now arrived and yet you are still showing "out of stock?" WT? I can get one in 4 weeks but you can't get one in 3 months, come on Kee what's going on. R&D is all well and good, as is new product development, and I very much appreciate the impact you have had on the home brewing scene, but for pete's sake guys spend some time supporting what you have already sold.
As for grain ordering, fantastic and I've been waiting for it, but I read 100gm minimum order no problem there I would have thought 250gm minimum, shit even 1kg was reasonable, BUT! +/- 50gm! so some numpty orders 100gms because that's what the "recipe" says and you send him 50gms??? Jeez after all the crap you got about the hop weights and you come up with this???
Wouldn't 1kg minimum +/- 5% (it's the same thing) make more sense, were not talking sheep farms here, $5 ish for a kg, sure postage plays a role but realistically were talking specialty grains that form part of a larger order and will be used on other brews.
Kee this is the second time I've asked about the probes (why 50k, why no stock) I understand why you are selective about which posts you respond to but would really appreciate an answer.
cheers G

Should be back in stock in about 2 weeks.

Just out of interest do you guys want us to stock small flow meters that look like this:
X01102O2.jpg

We have been considering having these as an add on extra to our oxygen regulators. It's hard to regulate how much oxygen take up you have at the best of times. But without a flow meter it's even more difficult. Is this something that you guys are interested in?

Definitely interested Kee. Especially at the $10 price point you indicated.

We have been forward planning some of the accessories that go with it. So the new lid that has been designed will have the option for a glycol coil, thermowell and also fit other stuff like carbonation stone. In total the new lid has the ability to attach up to 6 items to it. So this was one of the important upgrades.

We have been changing the plastic grades in the valve to make them more chemically resistant.

We have also made some changes to the preform to further improve the material distribution in the finished fermenter wall.

We have been working on some other improvements to the valve so it doesnt bind up and is easier to undo.

We have made further changes to the way the collection container seal works so it's easier to use.
Can one buy these in China at all? Me and a few friends here want to start brewing again but its really hard to get the gear.

Not quite the same, I have a polycarb tube already, it isn't a sight glass though. I want something more like the TC unit. Basically one of these https://www.brewhardware.com/product_p/flowsightcam.htm

Thanks for the TC sight glass measurement. Going to be slightly too long to fit under my conical without extending the legs (not a fan of having to sit the FV up on blocks).

Yes sorry about that. I dont think we will have the perfect solution for you at this moment.

@KegLand-com-au Why are these still out of stock https://www.kegland.com.au/4mm-replacement-probe-for-mkii-temp-controller.html I bought the temp controller for my still knowing the probe was not suitable and the 4mm probe was out of stock but assuming that you would have them back in stock after a suitable wait, I waited for 2 months and eventually placed an order on ebay for (chinese) 50k probes (why you went with 50k probes when the industry standard is 100k is beyond me) anyway my probes have now arrived and yet you are still showing "out of stock?" WT? I can get one in 4 weeks but you can't get one in 3 months, come on Kee what's going on. R&D is all well and good, as is new product development, and I very much appreciate the impact you have had on the home brewing scene, but for pete's sake guys spend some time supporting what you have already sold.
As for grain ordering, fantastic and I've been waiting for it, but I read 100gm minimum order no problem there I would have thought 250gm minimum, shit even 1kg was reasonable, BUT! +/- 50gm! so some numpty orders 100gms because that's what the "recipe" says and you send him 50gms??? Jeez after all the crap you got about the hop weights and you come up with this???
Wouldn't 1kg minimum +/- 5% (it's the same thing) make more sense, were not talking sheep farms here, $5 ish for a kg, sure postage plays a role but realistically were talking specialty grains that form part of a larger order and will be used on other brews.
Kee this is the second time I've asked about the probes (why 50k, why no stock) I understand why you are selective about which posts you respond to but would really appreciate an answer.
cheers G

Sorry about the long wait on those probes. They are about 2 weeks away now. In the future all the temp controllers will come with this smaller probe as standard as it's a bit more useful.

The automatic grain weighing machine is currently getting double checked on every order so I can say the accuracy is probably higher than you would get compared with any other home brew stores. So we will eventually change the text on the website and show the tighter tolerances.

Yes we are going to have some CIP spray gear soon. It's taken a while but we are just making some decisions on which ones to stock. Are you using this for kegs or fermenters?
Will this include pumps to match the spray balls?

Yes we are going to have some CIP spray gear soon. It's taken a while but we are just making some decisions on which ones to stock. Are you using this for kegs or fermenters?

That's great to hear. What sort of time frame?

I ferment in kegs, so i currently use it on my fermentors and my serving cornies but I'd look to use it on my brew rig as well.

It would be good if the spray ball had a 1/2" BSP connection

What sort of flow rate will it need? It would be awesome if it could work with the 25w mag pumps.
At the moment I'm using a bilge pump on my diy keg washer, which according to the spec sheet, puts out about 70L/min. It does a good job but it does miss spots every now and then, that's why I'm after the spray ball.

Will it be good to use on all keg sizes?

cheers,
Mat

That's great to hear. What sort of time frame?

I ferment in kegs, so i currently use it on my fermentors and my serving cornies but I'd look to use it on my brew rig as well.

It would be good if the spray ball had a 1/2" BSP connection

What sort of flow rate will it need? It would be awesome if it could work with the 25w mag pumps.
At the moment I'm using a bilge pump on my diy keg washer, which according to the spec sheet, puts out about 70L/min. It does a good job but it does miss spots every now and then, that's why I'm after the spray ball.

Will it be good to use on all keg sizes?

cheers,
Mat

Hey Matt. It will be difficult to get any of the spray balls to work with the small 25Watt pumps. To drive the spray balls these generally require a considerable pressure and flow rate. We will have a kit that will work with the FermZilla released eventually. The lids for the FermZilla have already been designed so they can take these times of add on accessories down the track. Once we have the FermZilla CIP kit you will notice that the same kit will also be adaptable to other fermenter designs too.

Hey Matt. It will be difficult to get any of the spray balls to work with the small 25Watt pumps. To drive the spray balls these generally require a considerable pressure and flow rate. We will have a kit that will work with the FermZilla released eventually. The lids for the FermZilla have already been designed so they can take these times of add on accessories down the track. Once we have the FermZilla CIP kit you will notice that the same kit will also be adaptable to other fermenter designs too.
Sounds great Kee. Any update on a launch date for the Fermzilla?

Suddenly very urgent (from my perspective): what's the ETA on the fermenting fridge? Mine appears to have given up the ghost :thumbsdown:.

Only 30-something years old (it has freon as the refrigerant :eek:), and over a decade since i rescued it from the side of the road.

They just don't make them like they used to.

Crikey, a bit pricey and it doesn't include the pressure kit. I was reading that a fermenter needs 40 to 60% head space for ales less for lagers. So is the 27 litre just for small batches?

Crikey, a bit pricey and it doesn't include the pressure kit. I was reading that a fermenter needs 40 to 60% head space for ales less for lagers. So is the 27 litre just for small batches?

No, you will quite comfortably ferment 21L in a 27L fermenter.

That said if you do a big beer with a healthy ferment at warm temps it would be wise to keep an eye on it.

I was reading that a fermenter needs 40 to 60% head space for ales less for lagers.
Not sure where you read that but I believe less headspace is typically preferred. If fermenting under pressure you don't need much headspace at all..

Latest posts

Back